Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have seen on the net that there is a karting track in pattaya. i would like to know if people would recomend it and what are the costs.

I went to the Pattaya track in June.

Its quite a big track and they have a range of karts for hire including some which are really fast - well they scared the shit out of me! :rolleyes:

I cannot remember the cost but they were cheaper than U.K. prices.

Well worth a visit.

Jambo

Went to the one on Theraprassit road I think and raced in the carts that go about 70 mph. It cost about 500 baht for about 15 mins if I remember correctly.

A word of caution- don't expect these carts to be maintained as well as carts in the west. They will supply you with a helmet but thats about it. There are no seatbelts in the ones I was using. Before you race you must sign a wavier in case you die.

Jambo,

Not sure the price but they are VERY VERY FAST !!! I had a cart that had 2 125cc Yamaha motors one driving each rear wheel and I bet I had that thing up to 80 mph and not all out either Great fun and I know it was cheap.

Giveum Hell

Jambo,

Not sure the price but they are VERY VERY FAST !!! I had a cart that had 2 125cc Yamaha motors one driving each rear wheel and I bet I had that thing up to 80 mph and not all out either Great fun and I know it was cheap.

Giveum Hell

2 engines driving 2 wheels? are you sure?

i sold mine a while back it was a watercooled race legal 125cc iame engined zip kart (lap time 33-34 seconds), i had a lock up at KR track in tepprasit rd, BECAREFUL ON THE OLDER RENTAL KARTS, they are death traps. stick to the red newer racing karts, they are fast (although we used to leave them for dead) :P .

KR track is a proffesional standard and length, for more fun i prefer mini siam which used (not sure now) take care of the cars better, and it's a great track for fast karts.

You could also try pattaya speedway which is opposite KR although i've never raced it.

they are roughly around 700-800 bht for the racing karts,