Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Room for Thai family needed

Need suggestions for a cheap but big room to suit 4 Thai family members coming to Pattaya from the village for a few days. 500-600 baht/day. Can be Naklua to Jomtien accessible to the baht bus route but out of the "scene". (Asking for a friend.)

-redwood

How about The Diana group's properties ( http://www.dianapattaya.co.th/index.html ). they have some rooms from Bt300 or so per day so all 4 could sleep in 2 rooms.

Here's their tarrif sheet: http://www.dianapattaya.co.th/sheet.htm

Otherwise, some rooms advertised on 2nd road around Bt250/300 for fan room per night.

Just before I left The Carlton on 2nd/rd @ soi5 was asking 500b for their rooms

But that was about 2-weeks ago. prices may have gone up by now.

BobSJ

Even though not outside Pattaya the Swasdee Hotels are in that range (from 250 Baht). If the "out of the scene" is really the most important requirement I am afraid I don't know any but there sure are more then enough, especially for Thais who do not expect anything fancy, maybe they would be better off finding one when they arive, it's probably easier for Thais to get a better price? But wether it is Naklua or Jomtien, you are never really out of the scene at any of the Bahtbus routes I'd say.

you may want to check the locations of the different hotels out, maybe one is ok:

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com

cheers

cyber

Need suggestions for a cheap but big room to suit 4 Thai family members coming to Pattaya from the village for a few days.  500-600 baht/day.  Can be Naklua to Jomtien accessible to the baht bus route but out of the "scene".  (Asking for a friend.)

-redwood

Redwood,

Try the ORANGE HOUSE in Soi 1 on Jomtien Beach Road. My friend and his Thai family stayed there last December. It's a well run place with a proper reception area and good facilities. Lots of Farang and Thai families stay there.

It's 12000 baht per month, which works out at 400 baht per day. All the units have two rooms with a big fridge and 2 TV sets. I think the daily rate is only slightly higher. I don't like Jomtien much, otherwise I would stay there myself.

When you get off the Bahtbus at Soi 1 on Jomtien Beach Road, walk right to the end of Soi 1. It's about 5 minutes walk. You can't miss seeing the Orange House. It consists of two two-storey buildings with a roof joining the two buildings. And well, the buildings are painted orange and have Orange House written on it. You can't miss it. They always seem to have vacancies, even in the high season. It's a good place for people on a tight budget.

Some of the poofter bars in Jomtien are near Soi 1. I walked past one of the joints and some of the boys dressed im pink tried to drag me inside. I thought I would have to headbutt one of the persistent arseholes.

I went to the pharmacy next door though and managed to buy some cheap Kamagra. 600 baht for a blisterpack of four 100 mg pills. I bought four packets and the nice pharmacist gave me a pillcutter for free. The pillcutter cuts the Kamagra into perfect halves. It's a lot easier than using a knife or a razor blade. Do yourself a favour and get yourself a pillcutter.

Cheers

Gonzo :unsure: