Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Christmas in pattaya-- cant get a hotel

Sure, some of the more popular hotels will be booked solid by this time but there'll still be some room. There are hundreds of hotels and only a fraction would be regarded as unfriendly towards guests.

Budget, location, dates ? All important.

Thanks for your super prompt reply. I can do 1500 a night and under, December 24th, 25th, 26th. How is the scene there at Christmas? Hope FLB will be my home base bar much like Mai Thai is in Phuket. After 2 trips to Phuket it's time to check Pattaya.

Robio

Your problem is the duration of your stay.

Hotels want maximum occupancy and really want people to come say 20th to 27th, 28th to 4th or 20th to 4th. Selling a room for 24/25/26 means that room may be empty for 20-24 and or 26-28. So not in their interest really.

You'll have to contact the hotels directly as there are no instant booking confirmations for the hotels in Pattaya, except the Marriott website (perhaps one or two others but not in the price range).

I'd suggest trying:

Welcome Plaza http://www.welcome.co.th/wplaza.htm

Royal Palace / Royal Twins http://www.royalpalaceroyaltwins.com/rtph.htm

Diana Group http://www.dianapattaya.co.th

Email them but I would phone.

After that, you'll just have to play the numbers game and go through each in turn.

As its only 3 days, perhaps you'll have to look upmarket a little as they will possibly have more availability.

Be there myself coming in on 24th but my usual haunt the Roof Garden Inn is full until 28th so I had to do some looking around.

Sunshine Residence on Soi 7/8 still had rooms yesterday as had Beverly Plaza (near Walking Street)

The upper end hotels will probably still have rooms

good hunting

Thanks for the replies guys. The reson I only have 3 days is i am stopping in Phuket for 5 and want to do 2 in bangkok. That leaves 3 there. i figure I will go and wing it. If I can't find a hotel I'll turn around and go back to bangkok. there must be somewhere that will take me!

Thanks again for the responses. i realize that newbie questions can get annoying, but i thought it was specific enolugh to warrant it's own post.

Maybe see you in December,

Robio

One year Xmastime I showed up in Pattaya on Soi 8 w/o a room...wandered

up and down to all of the hotels and none had rooms.. So I hungout and

drank at a bar and ended up spending my first nite with a bar girl in one of

those small travel agencies on the floor, drew the shades and had great sex on the furniture.....LOL.. She worked days there in the

travel agency, and slept there at night as well. The next morning she also arranged me a hotel to stay at.... Great Service..

Went back looking for her, but one of you damn Hansum men took her away..

still crying...

Go anyways!!! Never know what will happen man!

I just sent a request in to the RG from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan, suppose it will be booked solid, 3 rooms we'll need, just came across a good flight offer, will let ye know what it is as soon as we've booked it, should be tomorrow you're talking 800 stg leaving on mrning of 26th and returning 01.00 on 4th, good price for this time of year at this late stage

robio,

E-mail the Sabai Inn or Sabai Lodge and ask about availability at the Sabai Resort which is due to reopen in the next month or so after refurbishment. The Sabai Lodge should have availability in any case in the new wing which is also due to be completed soon.

Tom

Don't forget that most of the hotels bung on a surcharge from December 25 for about 10 days, the surcharge varies but is in the vicinity of 300 baht.

Bigmike.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply. I tried the RG and they were packed solid, so good luck Feliacan. Your story about winging it and finding a place to stay was great Soi 6. I, too am adventurous so if I cant get a room I will look for a similar arrangement. There has to be SOMEWHERE! If worse comes to worst I can always head back to Bangkok.

Chesire Tom i will try Sabai...thanks for the tip.

Big Mike thanks for the heads up about the surcharge...I will make sure to find out about it before booking.

This board is really good. If anyone needs info about Phuket just ask,

Robio

I would agree that you should try the Pattaya Centre in Soi 12. With 226 rooms it is unlikely that you won't get fixed up there. Guest friendly and a comfortable walk from FLB. Should suit your requirements and and you should get a Junior Suite within your budget.

E-mail Graham for advice on:

graham@loxinfo.co.th

JohnUK

No luck with the RG I'm afraid, guessed as much, that's what you get for booking a last minute fligt, I then tried the VC, this also was booked out, I can book the Central Pattaya hotel. Does anyone have info on this place, pictures look good, but they only accept full payment online up front i don't normaly like to do this, cos if a hotel doesn't come up to scratch I like to up and leave, this is not so easy to do when it's all paid in advance

Update...Sabai inn has a room but they want 1400 baht for standard...a little pricey considering their advertised rates on the internet are 1050 (plus surcharge i'm sure). They are also demanding my cc number, which i refuse to give out out of the same concerns that Feliciacan has. So I mailed them back and said if they didn't need the cc i would take it. Peace of mind is worth the extra few hundred baht a night. I will also mail the Pattaya Center just for interest's sake. Thanks again for the advice. This is my 1st voyage to pattaya so FLB will be a welcome starting point...need to pick the brains of the veterans.

Thanks again,

Robio

No luck with the RG I'm afraid, guessed as much, that's what you get for booking a last minute fligt, I then tried the VC, this also was booked out, I can book the Central Pattaya hotel. Does anyone have info on this place, pictures look good, but they only accept full payment online up front i don't normaly like to do this, cos if a hotel doesn't come up to scratch I like to up and leave, this is not so easy to do when it's all paid in advance

they tried this with me ! i never pay up front , tell them you will pay 1 night maximum ! they should just let you pay on checkout , it's that big it's never full ! they probably need you more than you need them ............................................

44 DAYS TILL WHEELS UP

Cheers thanks ferocious, seeing as you stayed there b4 can you advise if it is a nice place, bg friendly, I am getting it for avg 24 euro, about 1,200 bht a night from 27th Dec to 3 jan through wired destinations, looks like a good price for this time of year and good location as well

Cheers thanks ferocious, seeing as you stayed there b4 can you advise if it is a nice place, bg friendly, I am getting it for avg 24 euro, about 1,200 bht a night from 27th Dec to 3 jan through wired destinations, looks like a good price for this time of year and good location as well

BG friendly ;) rooms are clean although maybe a bit worn ! junior suites are huge , i struggled to see my TV from my bed , nice pool , i never had any problems when i stayed there apart from they refused a BG entry cos she had no ID card ! fair enough ! never ate there so cannot coment about food .............

43 DAYS TILL WHEELS UP :D

I stayed there on my first 2 trips to Pattaya in 2001 and thought the place was in need of renovation as it's seen better days. The worst hotel that I've stayed on all my trips to Pattaya and the most that I've ever paid for a room. Good points are TG friendly, location, large room and nice view. On my last stay the bed was horrible and I had a sore back in the morning and if I remember correctly this hotel had the smallest TV's of any that I've stayed. Maybe they have updated the place in the last 3 years. I never let the hotel food be a part of my decision as there are numerous restaurant options in Pattaya.

Emil

I was at the Pattaya Centre Hotel last Christmas, they didn't get anything up front from me! They did, however, ask for a credit card number (in case I didn't show up). I gave it to them then got the CC company to cancel the number and give me a new one - hey, I'm sneaky.

The hotel is pretty much like the pictures on the website.

On the upside.

the Junior Suites are large and bright (I had one) but all the hotel has seen better days,

it's all acceptable, but I just feel that a good handyman and a coat of paint could bring it up to spec at small cost, it's a shame that isn't likely to happen,

cleaners did a good job,

staff friendly,

guests no problem (id's checked),

pool small but clean,

on the bahtbus route,

TV ok.

On the downside;

only 2 smallish lifts, and one of those is turned off after midnight - I never did find out why,

there are a lot of Chinese and East Europeans (families) there - I was told that the Chinese cause a problem by blocking the lifts but I didn't see it (we keep different hours),

There was a "compulsory New Years Eve Gala Dinner" at 1,200Baht - I had to pay but didn't actually go (better things to do),

reception is up a big flight of stairs.

I didn't try the food.

All in all, I'd go back but it wouldn't be my first choice (Residence Garden for me this year).

Hope this helps.

Just got word back from Wired Destinations, sorry hotel is full for this time, tried Sunshine Hotel, also booked out, have a requst in for the Alcazar & Beverly Plaza as well. Oh put another request into bookings.org for RG, they quote 2,500, lot more than FLB site, but can't get it through there, maybe Bookings have an allocation of Suites. I like the RG and am willing to pay the 2,500 if I can get it, rather than go someplace I don't know for similar price at this time of year. The Gala dinner thingy in most of the hotels pisses me off tho. I have no interest in staying in a hotel on New Years eve with a load of other Farangs, I go to Pattaya to escape them. I'll be hitting the Go Go's and bars with a vengence that night. Was in The Carousel and Living Dolls last New years eve, some night, some night

i was just about to cancel a reservation for a friend of mine at the roof garden inn that he has booked for 16 to 22 december but can't come now so if anyone wants to take it just PM me and we can sort something out.

i'll hold onto it for a day or two then and in case anyone is interested

Many Pattay hotel are booking up for the next couple months. The Hard Rock is already sold out for several days between now and New years including Nov 21, and nov 22. Go figure. Same for some other hotels. :P 2guns

I have just booked a room for the new wing in the Sabai Lodge hotel. They would only accept booking after I agreed to pay 2 nights deposit on CC. I could not find ANYTHING as cheap as the rates there by any other method. Considering that it is peak season, I think that their surcharge for this period is reasonable. To stay in the Hard Rock on New Years eve is over £200 which is Triple their normal rate.