Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hotels/guesthouse in Khon Kean?

I assume your not looking for a top end hotel like the Sofitel as you mention guesthouse in the title. If your looking for something cheaper you could try the Sawasdee(500Bt) or Chaipat (400Bt). Both are clean & in good locations. One other thing, book a room in advance - I forgot to do it and had difficulty finding a room.

When I was there, I stayed at the Khon Kaen Hotel, but there are many other nicer places--just have to decide on how much you are willing to spend. There is a website with a page on the hotels (http://www.khonkaen.com/english/hotels/) and other info on Khon Kaen. I would agree that it is better to make arrangements ahead of time, but I found that you could get better deals by speaking to the hotels directly instead of going through an internet service like hotelthailand.com. Hope this helps...

~pax

I don't think you really need to arrange in advance. For a city its size there are numerous good hotels from 500-1500THB.

Try the www.khonkaen.com website, it has good info and pics of hotels also.

'I don't think you really need to arrange in advance. For a city its size there are numerous good hotels from 500-1500THB'

I would have thought the same, but my experiences have proved otherwise. The 2nd time I went there I had real difficulty finding anywhere that wasn't full. Must have called around 15 hotels. In the end managed to find a fan only room in the Roma - and grateful to get that. I think there may have been some sort of conference going on at that time. Arriving late at night didn't help either. If I were to go back I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just my take on things. Everything up 2 you.