Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Turkish Airlines

My wife flew business class with them and thought the service was good.

Will be flying to Thailand after spending a week with a distributor in Turkey, and the only way to get to BKK on the date I want is with the Turkish Airlines. Has anyone ever flew these? :rotflmao

If its the only way,& direct go for it.

Better than staying 6hours in a shit-hole called Uzbekistan :rotflmao Waiting for a flight to BKK.

Never fly with Uzbek airlines unless its the last resort!!!

Just done the Manchester Bkk round trip with the - put them on a par with Qantas or BA but not in the same class as Emirates or Qatar,

Five hour wait at Istanbul frustrating even if spent in the VIP lounge.

• 3 weeks later...

:D

I flew Turkish in business class long haul (Istanbul to ALmaty), end of 2002.

Very large seats, but all the rest was crap. Service average to poor, food very disapointing for business, wines and drinks choice comparable to economy on Lufthansa, which was a major surprise.

So if you intend to just sleep, or got a good deal, go for it, otherwise try Emirates which are much more comfortable.

Pierre

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not much good to you now and a bit outdated (but for those thinking bout it). I flew Turkish Air in 2001 to Thailand. The plane was cramped (like a lot of American airlines are) and the service sucked (like a lot of American airlines are), but it got me from Istanbul to BKK non-stop. I wouldn't rate it as great, but leaving from Adana (in Turkey) and going thought Istanbul was really the best option. On the plus side, I hooked up with an Israeli girl that was as much fun as I had the first couple of nights on my first time tour of Thailand. I know better now, but it was still an experience.