Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

This May Be a Little Insensative

Phuket hotels will be cheaper and airfares will stay about the same unless Asia is hit with bird flu and people start dying.

patk,

There is really only the direct flights that may be affected, Thai in particular since it didn't really go in for the UK-Aus/NZ market too much.

There will certainly be hotel bargains to be found (particularly in BKK as twin-centre bookings are cancelled). Keep an eye on the Bidding for Travel site to see how the non-contracted prices are going over the next few months .......

Tom

p.s. I would be inclined to forget about booking Phuket Air's bargain flights until such time as you can be sure they will make it through the tourist downturn.

I'm expecting some cheap deals to come along, but not for about 3 months.

Same thing happened after Bali.

The other likelihood is that Thai will cut back on services to Oz, which would be a damned shame.

Don't flame me, I'm not making light of a terrible situation. Just crystal balling.

Regarding the comment above about Phuket Air, have been talking to a friend who tells me that Phuket Air are Busier than ever flying in & out with relief workers, Family members and survivors who are returning home after hospital treatment , so why avoid ? maybe the cheap fares will dissapear for a while but he reckons they will be back within 2 months , so keep flying with Phuket Air and support them at this sad time.

Regarding the comment above about Phuket Air, have been talking to a friend who tells me that Phuket Air are Busier than ever flying in & out with relief workers, Family members and survivors who are returning home after hospital treatment , so why avoid ? maybe the cheap fares will dissapear for a while but he reckons they will be back within 2 months , so keep flying with Phuket Air and support them at this sad time.

Guys

Phuket air are doing tha cheapies again ,bought one today .

It goes out on the tuesday only flight but u can return on any of there flights cost was £339!!

Regards

Matty

Radio Bangkok reported tonight that 90% of the resorts in the Phuket area are still operational and that the world media is giving the wrong impression that they are not ready for tourists. My guess is that there will be a short-term downturn in business there, prices will drop for a while to attract people back and get the word out, but it won't be long until things are pretty much back to business as usual.