Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hello,

In less than a week I'll be making my first trip to LOS, which will include 3 nights in Pattaya. I've read a lot of info online and feel pretty excited about my upcoming adventure, but I am having trouble deciding where to stay in Pattaya.

After reading some online user reviews of various hotels, I am leaning towards the Nova Lodge, although the popularity (and price) of the Residence Garden is tempting as well.

As I will be travelling alone, I would think a centrally located hotel is best for me, especially if I want to do such things as a ST or three, walk around/back to my hotel at night (safety), be near the beach, etc.

So, for those of you who know the place, is the Nova Lodge a good choice given the above? Would anyone strongly advise against the Nova Lodge, or recommend a better hotel in the same price (1000-2000 baht)?

Thanks!!

I haven't stayed at the Nova Lodge but the location is great. Your on Beach Road and Central Pattaya Road. Soi 6 is less then 10 minute walk, Soi 7 & 8 are about 1 minute away. They have a new high speed internet shop. Looks like a nice hotel.

Until a personal issue made me change about a year ago, I never stayed anywhere other than the Nova Lodge. Not the cheapest and some of the rooms are just a little tired now compared to it's heyday as the famous Nipa Lodge, but still pretty good. Guest-friendly, good staff, lovely garden and pool for relaxing, good buffet breakfast, and unbeatable location; central for nearly everything and just down the road from Tops supermarket. God, I miss it... :crying

walk around/back to my hotel at night (safety)

I Have been to Pattaya over 20 times and many of those alone and never once did I not feel safe Day or Night.

Have fun

Soi 7,

I would disagree here, I have not been to Thailand, or Pattaya for that matter, 20 times like yourself, but I have spent a fair amount of time in places like Mexico, Brazil, and of course USA. And I have never felt more safe than when I was in Thailand. Of course if your doing something stupid or making yourself a walking target, dropping baht out of both pockets cuz you had 13 drinks to many, then ya, I guess. But as a rule, Thailand is fairly safe compared to alternatives.

WB

I Have been to Pattaya over 20 times and many of those alone and never once did I not feel safe Day or Night.

Wisbadger,

Please read my post again I wrote that never once did I not feel safe.

Because of my location, flight timings etc, I often have to spend a night in London before a flight, and I probably feel ten times more unsafe there than I ever have anywhere in LOS. as Wisbadger says, be careful though.

Re the Nova Lodge RNSG (can I call you that?) did you know that the bar there (facing you as you turn into the lobby/reception area) was supposedly the very first one in Pattaya? One or two more now, though... I believe the old Nipa Lodge, with bungalows originally, was also the only hotel in town when Pattaya was first "discovered" by a jeepload of US Servicemen in 1959. Shit, I loved staying there... :crying

stayed there once before.can't fault the location or friendliness of the staff.but a word of warning,when i checked in they asked to take a copy of my credit card for any extras i might incur during my stay there.i didn't think anything of it as i have been asked for this in many places i have stayed.when i got my next credit card statement there was about ten fraudulent charges on my card starting from the day after i checked in.i know it was down to the nova lodge because i never used my card again on that trip.having said all that enjoy your trip and pay in cash.regards dundee.