Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Lie-flat seats UK to BKK

I have a relative hoping to fly to Thailand in March, but because of a specific medical condition he really needs a lie-flat seat. Done a few searches, and so far all I've really come up with is BA at a whopping £3,800 (First Class) 1luv or cheaper Qatar which we don't really fancy. I'd be very grateful if anyone has any alternative ideas or experience of lie-flat seating. Already found this-

http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/A-Z.htm

PS, Bring on the A380 (rolling out on Tuesday), when we'll have seats like hotel rooms, bowling alleys, gyms, etc, if you believe the shite some people put out.

Eric

Not done too much searching but try Opodo.co.uk I randomly put in a couple of dates in April £2800 First class with Thai.

According to flat seats Thai 1st is Lie Flat.

I always fly first from the Uk and sometimes business, so I can help maybe.

Lufthansa new business class is very good, but you must fly via Munich to ensure the correct seat type.

I am using them again in February for £1400 rtn LHR-BKK.

BA Excellent in First and business but you pay a lot £2500- £3500 depending on dates- use there own website to look for best dates/deals then book via lastminute.com

Swiss- Excellent in First to BKK, business good on new aircraft expect to pay about 1500 rtn

KLM, via BKK, cheap as chips but not yet fully flat on the 747. OK if you get the 777 in Business but the bed ahas a 9 degree slope.

SAS Seat very comfy but not fully flat.

Emirates, USE TG flites more often than not from Dubai to BKK sector but still a good alternative if you have no other choice. Seat not flat in Business but comfy if ur not over 6 ft tall.

Thai, excellent in most classes but Firsts is a bit hit and miss. They are currently,upgrading across the fleet. Business is sometimes first if you get the older planes and seats- worth checking but often very expensive.

Qatar Airlines- superb in all respects in all classes. New planes via Doha,and one of the finest 1st calss products available today- £2000-3500 rtn.

Hope this helps.

Eric.

Qatar do not sell first class on flights QR610/611 and QR612/613 on the DOH-BKK-DOH legs. Sometimes you can strike lucky and get an aircraft with a three class configuration which allows some lucky folk to enjoy seats normally allocated to the next higher class but I wouldn't depend on it.

You would also have to consider that boarding/leaving the aircraft is via aircraft steps at remote stands rather than an airbridge - this will be rectified when the new terminal opens but that is another 3-4 years down the line.

Tom