Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

:P

I have been travelling to LOS for many years and because I don't worry too much about money I usually book a taxi in the arrivals hall at BKK airport. I use Thai Limousines which I think may be affiliated to Thai Airways and I have paid as much as 3500 baht one way to Pattaya. :D

I read that many people spend between 1000 and 1600 baht. Are the cars OK? I kinda like my luxuries so a nice Merc or a new Lexus is what I look for. :P

All thoughts suggestions are gratefully recieved. :D

I am arriving on the 12th of Feb at lunchtime- BERE EBERE BEER BEER BEEER BEER!!!!

B)

I have been travelling to LOS for many years and because I don't worry too much about money I usually book a taxi in the arrivals hall at BKK airport. I use Thai Limousines which I think may be affiliated to Thai Airways and I have paid as much as 3500 baht one way to Pattaya. :D

I read that many people spend between 1000 and 1600 baht. Are the cars OK? I kinda like my luxuries so a nice Merc or a new Lexus is what I look for. :P

All thoughts suggestions are gratefully recieved. :P

I am arriving on the 12th of Feb at lunchtime- BERE EBERE BEER BEER BEEER BEER!!!!

I have been travelling to LOS for many years and because I don't worry too much about money I usually book a taxi in the arrivals hall at BKK airport. I use Thai Limousines which I think may be affiliated to Thai Airways and I have paid as much as 3500 baht one way to Pattaya. 

You were ripped off then. :D

YOU CAN GET A DECENT TAXIE AT THE AIRPORT FOR AROUND 1500 BHT $37.50 U.S. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A GOOD TAXIS AND A GOOD DRIVER. I USUALLY HAVE THEM STOP A T A 7/11 STORE AND I GET A PINT OF THE LOCAL RUM AND SIT BACK AND RELAX FOR THE 1 1/2 HOUR RIDE TO MY HOTEL. NO SENSE SPENDING THE BIG BUCKS TO STAY IN BANGKOK. I COME IN FROM THE STATES AT ABOUT MIDNIGHT. BUT OF COURSE HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND FOR A PRIVATE LIMO WELL THEN GO FOR IT. 3700 BHT = $92.50 U.S. I CAN GET A TAXIE AND 2 GIRLS FOR THAT AND THE GIRLS WILL BUY THE RUM. :o

Are taxis for 1500-1800 THB still available in the arrivals hall ? I was under the impression Thai Limos had the monopoly there and that's why they could get away with charging 4500 THB.

My advice would be to get the phone # or email or anything from one of those taxi stands like the one I see on the corner of 2nd road and soi 6. they offer 800 baht which seems like a good deal.

Are taxis for 1500-1800 THB still available in the arrivals hall ? I was under the impression Thai Limos had the monopoly there and that's why they could get away with charging 4500 THB.

Dode,

There are three firms virtually next to each other offering taxis to Pattaya etc. The one I took last time was, I think, 1,800 baht plus tolls.

With all the competition, I really don't know how Thai Air get away with charging what they do. Doubtless, they rely on people arriving for the first time and not knowing what a taxi should cost.

I know I could get down to Pattaya cheaper but, by the time I get through customs i'll have been on the go for a bit under 20 hours and really can't be botherd hauling my case up stairs to find a taxi that's just arrived from Pattaya.

Alan

YOU DDON'T HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A TAXIS FOR PATTAYS THERE PROBABLY 15 WAITING TO GO. I HAVE NEVER HAD TROUBLE FINDING A TAXIS TO PATTAYA. I TRAVEL FOR 27 HRS TO GET THERE AT 1:0OAM. I WALK OUT OF CUSTOMS DOWN THE STAIRS AND BEFORE I GET OUT THE DOOR THERE IS A LEAST 3 GUYS WANTING TO TAKE ME ANY WHERE I WANT TO GO INCLUDING PATTAYA FOR 1600 PLUS TOLLS. I HAVE EVEN HAD THEM PAY THE TOLLS. CHEEERS HAVE A GOOD TRIP. :o

In the meeting section check the reliable car and driver. Many services listed. I use Alex and never had a problem with him not showing. Other guys have.

For the guy who knows his way around Pattaya grabbing a taxi at the airport is no problem. If you don't know your way around you can spend hours looking for your hotel. Cabby's don't know their way around Pattaya.

:D

I have been travelling to LOS for many years and because I don't worry too much about  money I usually book a taxi in the arrivals hall at BKK airport. I use Thai Limousines which I think may be affiliated to Thai Airways and I have paid as much as 3500 baht one way to Pattaya. :lol:

I read that many people spend between 1000 and 1600 baht. Are the cars OK? I kinda like my luxuries so a nice Merc or a new Lexus is what I look for. B)

All thoughts suggestions are gratefully recieved. :beer

Thai Limo service is part of Thai airways as you can access their website via the Thai airways website. I wouldn't neccesarily say you have been ripped by as other posters have indicated just by paying considerably more than most people. It's all about values. One could say a person got ripped off if you stay at the Shangri-La instead of the Nana hotel but they are different classes of hotels as there are different classes of transportation services. As you say , you don't worry too much about money and you prefer a very nice vehicle then just pay the extra and go with the Thai Limo service. I usually stay the first night in Bangkok and always use the Thai limo and I pay a whopping 1000 baht, one way. Some people will say I got ripped off but I don't see it that way. I get a nice mercedes and the company is very reliable and professional and there is never a wait. More than I can say about some of those cheeky taxis and drivers. I took a taxi once and the driver had to stop and put oil in the engine, what a piece of shit taxi that was. I've never been able to find a reputable Limo service with nice , new vehicles other than Thai.

How true, BigD - I had a guy last trip who didn't even know his way into Pattaya, and I hadn't been there enough times to know myself. Thankfully we turned into South Road just in time, and I was able to get my bearings a bit later and guide him to my hotel.

Thai Limo service is part of Thai airways as you can access their website via the Thai airways website. I wouldn't neccesarily say you have been ripped by as other posters have indicated just by paying considerably more than most people. It's all about values. One could say a person got ripped off if you stay at the Shangri-La instead of the Nana hotel but they are different classes of hotels as there are different classes of transportation services. As you say , you don't worry too much about money and you prefer a very nice vehicle then just pay the extra and go with the Thai Limo service. I usually stay the first night in Bangkok and always use the Thai limo and I pay a whopping 1000 baht, one way. Some people will say I got ripped off but I don't see it that way. I get a nice mercedes and the company is very reliable and professional and there is never a wait. More than I can say about some of those cheeky taxis and drivers. I took a taxi once and the driver had to stop and put oil in the engine, what a piece of shit taxi that was. I've never been able to find a reputable Limo service with nice , new vehicles other than Thai.

:D

The voice of reason.

:angry: Given the response, I think I will stay with the reliable Limo's. After all, its only money and 3500 is currently only about £50 which for a two hour journey seems reasonable to me. The same trip in the UK would cost me £150. :o

As you say, you get what you pay for and luxury and reliability are more important to me than anything else! :lol:

B) As for the person who asked if the price included 2 or 3 girls, of couse it doesn't, I dont think Thai airways Limos would supply that service, however I always collect three Girls from BKKformen and take them to Pattaya for a night or two. I wouldn't be tacky enough to do anything in a car! I will leave that to you adolescents! :lol: The reason I do this is so I don't have to go out straight away and pick someone up, I have a nice selection with my luggage. :beer

All the best

Pattaya happy :beer

One week and counting. :D

Below is the email address of the woman who owns the taxi place in Pattaya.

Ask for Thanapod; he is the guy in the white E320 Mercedes Benz.

He will meet you in BKK airport at the taxi staging area (inside the airport) holding a sign with

your name in BIG letters. You will not be able to miss him.

She will charge you 1200 plus tolls (add'l 150-175 baht).

Thanapod will stop at her place in PTY, she will come to the car and you pay her.

Then you negotiate with him directly for the return trip, cutting out the middleman and reducing the price 200 baht. I always call the day before or early in the A.M. on the same day to confirm.

khrongfa@ego.co.th

He will meet you in BKK airport at the taxi staging area (inside the airport) holding a sign with

your name in BIG letters. You will not be able to miss him.

She will charge you 1200 plus tolls (add'l 150-175 baht).

Thanapod will stop at her place in PTY, she will come to the car and you pay her.

Then you negotiate with him directly for the return trip, cutting out the middleman and reducing the price 200 baht. I always call the day before or early in the A.M. on the same day to confirm.

khrongfa@ego.co.th

And when they arent there to pick you up, they will come to your hotel and demand payment in full for them not being there, they will offer to send a driver to collect the money at your hotel.

This happened to me, and after 20 hours worth of flying and riding in a cab, that was the last thing I wanted to deal with, a lady demanding money on the phone, saying they will send a driver to collect in full.

Oh yeah, they give free Muay Thai lessons too :rolleyes:

I had to bribe the 3 front desk ladies 100bt each to say I went to the roach infested Penthouse hotel.

.........with Kitty masks on :lol: .

I'm going back for a couple of nights to re-live the nostalgia of my first trip - can't wait!

:o :D

Any nostalgic moments I have about the Penthouse were dispelled after my friends and I were stitched up like kippers there in 2000. :D

Penthouse is a profit driven, money making machine. I am a true capitalist and admire anyone who can make a good living in an honest and open way. The management of the Penthouse simply exist to empty your wallet in the shortest time possible. :D

One quick example of a Penthouse Rip Off.

'Buy your kitten a bottle of Champagne-and hear her purr!'-'Only 1900 baht!' :lol:

:beer In a sorry Pattaya induced stupour I did just that; it didn't make her purr, it just made me need a piss. The stuff that actually arrived certainly wasn't champagne, it was sparkling Pery, make in Thailand and costing the princely sum of 59 baht a bottle from the 7-11 up the road! I had asked what type of champagne it would be and was told either Mumm, or Piper Heisdeck! :angry:

Assholes. :beer

My advice would be to get nostalgic with the girls, not the Penthouse. :beer

I had always used Thai Limo to get to Pattaya (either their bus when I arrived before noon or vehicle when I arrived late at night) until Feb 2004 when they raised their price from 1500 baht. Since then I have used khrongfa (5 times) and wouldn't go back to Thai Limo even if they charged the same amount as khrongfa (1200 baht). With Thai Limo I usually had to wait anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes before leaving the airport and some of their drivers where not that familiar with Pattaya if your where staying at a hotel that was off one of the main sois. My 5 trips with khrongfa the driver has been waiting for me in the arrival hall with my name even when my plane arrived 30 minutes early on one trip. They are based in Pattaya and know their way around the city.

I also use khrong-fa and have never had any problems with them. Normally I get them from my Bangkok hotel to and from Pattaya but when I have used them from the airport, normally after a side-trip, they have been waiting for me, ready to go.

I normally phone them when I arrive in Bangkok just to make sure everything is OK.

Tom