Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

:P

Only a few days left till another trip to LOS, frankly I cannot wait, so many girls and only one willy what shall I do? B)

:lol: Well, between beer and boomsing, I like to shop, but having been to Pattaya so many times there is little I can think of to buy. Last time it was a Camcorder (Big C) the time before a watch (Rado, not fake) Mike Shopping mall etc etc.

:unsure: Strangely my requirement this time is for a Microsoft XP operating system (possibly a knock off) :unsure: at a good price, but I don't know where to go for it in Pattaya. I also need the best office package available. :P

I am sure somone else here can help-any ideas?

Feel free to expand the thread with any good value shopping reccomendations! :o

With regard to fake watches, I just discovered a place where you can buy them by weight! Really, a kilo of fake Rolex's Tags, Breitling etc etc! apparently this is how they ae sold to the watch sellers, not by type but by weight! Amazing Thailand. :eyecrazy BTW 1 kilo watches = 3450 baht Wonder how many watches that is?

BR

Pattayahappy <laugh 2guns :P

Turn left on 2nd Road from South Pattaya Road coming from Beach Rd and on the far side there is a CD shop that has software upstairs. Further down 2nd Road same side is a computer store.

:beer

Thanks Tom, Big D etc.

All seem like places I haven't been before, I will give them a go. did you get the CD's with codes? 100 baht is a bargain!!

Hope it all works ! I will be In Pattaya on Friday.

Can't decide whether to tell people where the weight watch seller is or not? Its quite a cool thing to know and may be best kept quiet. I would hate to see any watch sellers out of business. :crying

Will be thinking of all you guys who aren't there!

Pattayahappy :beer

I bought Windows XP last August,on the Khao San Rd,I payed 180Baht for it and it was copied for me,while I waited.Got back to the UK,loaded it on my pc,and it worked fine............for a month,then asked me to register it online.Windows refused to register it (I was`nt surprised),and after chatting to the Windows rep,it turned out that thousands of people all over the world had tried to register this same disc.

In Big C,Windows XP (in Thai) is about 600 Baht.I found Windows XP(English) in a shop ,priced at 6000 Baht plus.

Finally,got a mate to give me a copy of his disc (in UK),cost me 20 pounds,registered ok,and has worked fine ever since....

Remember,you pays your money...............etc

I bought Windows XP last August,on the Khao San Rd,I payed 180Baht for it and it was copied for me,while I waited.Got back to the UK,loaded it on my pc,and it worked fine............for a month,then asked me to register it online.Windows refused to register it (I was`nt surprised),and after chatting to the Windows rep,it turned out that thousands of people all over the world had tried to register this same disc.

In Big C,Windows XP (in Thai) is about 600 Baht.I found Windows XP(English) in a shop ,priced at 6000 Baht plus.

Finally,got a mate to give me a copy of his disc (in UK),cost me 20 pounds,registered ok,and has worked fine ever since....

Remember,you pays your money...............etc

Hey, send me an Email, I have more stuff about this you may like to know.

As for the software thing, check out Pan Tip Plaza in Bangkok. Taxis will know what you're talking about. They have everything you'd ever need and MORE. I stop there at least once every trip.

Adam

• 1 month later...

I have visirted Panthip Plaza many times, but always find it a real pain to get to and to get around in. On my last trip, in February, I went to the Fortune IT Mall on Rachadapisek, near Din Deng. I'll probably never go to Panthip again. The Rama 9 subway stop is practically right in front of the building, and the aisles are wider and much less crowded. There may not be as many software dealers, but there are enough and I found everything I was looking for in any of several stores - Mac, Windows and Linux.