Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am trying to make a booking for an apartment in View Talay for a month. I have found a few websites and have sent emails and tried to make a reservation. However i never get any replies. Does anyone know a reliable source to book an apartment at View Talay ?

Thanks again.

cool_dude;

I would get to Pattaya, book a hotel for a day or so and go look at the View Talay condos available. You may not like it. Why lock yourself into a room you have not seen? Pattaya has thousands of places to stay, at all price ranges. I would look around before committing myself to a place for a month.

The thing that I hate about Condo's is they do not clean the rooms daily unless you pay extra and this includes the most important item the bed sheets and towels.

Don't forget that your up for the electricity and water to besides the rent.

Give me a Hotel any day.

Bigmike.

I am well known as having stated that View Talay and Jomtien in general are too far away from the action. To this I must add that I still think they are too far away if you are on a one or two week holiday but for a month or longer, or if you are living in Pattaya, then they may be an option to consider.

So what sort of deal can you get ?

Well, a month at the Residence Garden will knock you Bt30,000 or so. The Welcome Plaza will be around Bt18,000. The Cherry Hotel is around Bt10,000. The Diana Group range from around Bt8,000 to Bt15,000. A room in View Talay will probably knock you about Bt15,000.

So the difference between top and bottom is about Bt20,000 or USD500.

Where would I stay for a month ? I'd probably check out some hotel deals for the month and get a price on some condos. More than likely I'd stay in the centre and I did live there for a year. Now, even I have moved out a little to View Talay and surprisingly, I enjoy it.

Before moving to Rabbit Resort, I peeked into Viewtalay Condos. The leasing department is in one of the offices in the lobby. But you can also visit any real estate company near you to answer your questions (better you deal with a fallang company in my opinion) and some will drive you over there.

I am not sure why people are packing this place in. The condo is quite far from the beach and of course Pattaya is always a slow bahtbus ride away. There's a lot of construction going on around the condos so if you're noise sensitive, it may not be right for you. From the top floor condo I visited, I could still hear the power saws screeching and the hammers pounding. I stood on the balcony and took it all in.

The view is of the land panorama but only glimpses of water was evident.

I reckon if you're going to move to Jomtien, you may as well be closer to the action of Jomtien. Viewtalay is a good walk along traffic. It just doesn't do it for me to have to face that day in/out. Also, the walk from your front door to the road is also a good 5-7 minute walk. So you never really get anywhere too quick.

They have 2 nice swimming pools with the usual senior retired crowd keeping it warm. The rent was 15,000 Baht plus water/electricity. It comes fully furnished with a tile floor. I'm not sure if there was a phone installed.

If you ask me my opinion, it would be to forget the hype and find something in Pattaya or Naklua because Jomtien is just to damn far from anything you really want.

I live in Jomtien but I do need my fix of Pattaya every day or 2. I have a motorbike so it's not a big deal but I wouldn't want to have to take a taxi through the slow traffic of the hill each and every time. I guess that's my reasoning for warning people away from Residence Garden which is also smack in the middle of the congested hill. Avoid avoid!

Yeah, in Pattaya the condos are shit and few and far between with pool, security and other amenities - I know because I looked at loads in 6 months. In the other direction Naklua is like mood base alpha - no reason to go there unless in the mood for a good German meal.

I agree that View Talay building A is two minutes from the baht bus stop and building B a further couple of minutes away but I really don't want to have the buses and cars driving past my front door 24 hours a day.

Yes, there is some construction but who sits in their condo all day ? Fucked if I do. I come home late, get up whenever and go out, either for a swim or into town. Its far from perfect but for the location, facilities and the price, it is hard to beat.

Also, I can see the sea from my top floor (17th) balcony but who gives a fuck ? Would I pay 50% more to look at the water - would I fuck. What is the fascination with the sea ?

Also, I can see the sea from my top floor (17th) balcony but who gives a fuck ? Would I pay 50% more to look at the water - would I fuck. What is the fascination with the sea ?

A few brewskis on the balcony looking at the islands, the moon on the sea, or spectacular sunsets sure the hell beats looking across at dusty tin-roofed shacks, garbage filled paddocks or buffaloes bonking! :D

I'd always take the view but would be reluctant to go higher than the second floor in case I suddenly had the urge to take the Pattaya Plunge with my hands tied behind my back. :unsure: :beer

I have stayed at View Talay and was quit satisfied. The price was less than the 15,000 bht that has been mentioned. Go to pattayaresidence.com you can see for yourself. Click Englis if that is your language of choice. Rates start at 7250 B and got to 22500 B for the most luxurious. I paid about 10,000 B for the month plus elec. I had no problem with the walk in fact I needed it. Baht bus to walking street is 5 B. don't pay more. The max that they can charge is 10 B. Short trips like to walking street only 5 B. The ride is less than 5 min. in fact I met the finest lady ever on the baht bus. Veiw Talay also rents motorbikes for about $5.00 U.S. per day. Check out their site. E-mail me if you like. Ther is plenty of action on Jomtien Beach and you can actually swim in the ocean there. Plenty of espat hang outs. Women are better and cheaper, some of the pretties I,ve seen. Just to let you know I'm 63 years old and I get plenty. :P :3some :D :nod

If you're only going to stay a month or so, why not just stay in a hotel? Maybe you can get a good deal at someplace like the Sabai Lodge. Say 800 baht a night for the whole month. That's 24,000. Not too bad, considering the daily maid service, clean sheets and towels, and proximity to the beer bars and massage places. Plus they've got a restauraunt, pool bar, etc.

View Talay is one of the places I'm thinking of staying at when I retire to Pattaya in June. :unsure:

As it will be my home, having a seperate bedroom will be essential as will having a direct dial telephone so I can access the internet whenever I want to. Price is within the range of what I want to pay.

Alan

The bahtbus comes every minute in front of View Talay, and gets me to south Pattaya in 5 minutes. From south pattaya, the same bahtbus continues on to Central Pattaya, Big C, North Pattaya -- all for 10 baht. The same bahtbus even continues on to Naklua. It's just so easy. These are open air bahtbusses, where you can look at all the action as you're whizzing by. It ain't boring.

By the way, the rental prices will vary greatly in View Talay, depending on the quality of the owner's decorating investment.

Thanks for all the replies. Basically i was going to be in Pattaya for a whole month and wanted to be as close to a better beach. I was under the impression that the beach near the Vew Talay Apartments in Jomtein is much better than in Pattaya. Therefore would only be going into Pattaya in the evenings and 10 baht for a 10 minute ride is nothing :) Am i right in assuming this ?

The beach at Jomtien is still nothing to write home about and in many respects, is more dangerous than south Pattaya in respect of the number of boats plying their wares right up to the shoreline whilst people are swimming. The water too is non too clean. However, the beach is perhaps better than Pattaya.

With reference to http://www.pattayaresidence.com/ and the affiliated sites, they all relate to View Talay 1, an older building a few hundred metres from View Talay 2. They have smaller rooms and older facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I looked one year to find the right place to stay in Pattaya. My choice is a no way to stay in the city, as it is too noisy, small bad and bad beach. OK, my girlie activities just on the evening time. For a long and deep search I found the Viewtalay 2 condo the best place. ( No way Viewtalay 1 ) In this year I bought my second condo in the building A. and I can say falled in love with my new condo. I planned to sell my first condo, but rethought and hold it for renting out and to my friends to stay. If you are interested visit this place:

http://www.viewtalay2.try.hu/

This is a basic condo with kitchenette, refrigerator, 60 channel cable TV etc. but only 12.000bht/month.

Sorry to ramp up View Talay again but another convenience is what is available on site.

You have a cafe, more than one actually but the one near the pool is better. Laundry can be on a price per piece or 60/70 pieces for Bt500. Sure, you can get 80 pieces in town but who's going to drag it all the way there and back ? There is a little mini-mart which sells basic essentials. All the delivery places know where you are if you need a pizza or something (Pan Pan is over the road just about and very good Italian food and pizza).

Then you have the pool to lounge around. Finally, the girls love it, just as they love the RG.

Thanks, Gabor. You've just really depressed me with that photo. :crying :crying :crying .

However, 97 days, 16 hours 48 minutes till I head for the airport. :D

Alan

The thing that I hate about Condo's is they do not clean the rooms daily unless you pay extra and this includes the most important item the bed sheets and towels.

Give me a Hotel any day.

Bigmike.

BigMike,

Can you recommend any decent hotels that are affordable for long term stays? I plan to stay in a hotel until I find exactly where I want to live and don't want anything too costly, or anything too run down. I know I'm asking a lot, but you never know. Any help is appreciated.

travlling.............. :beer :beer :beer = :unsure: :eyecrazy

OK my dime worth of information:

For the last five years I have stayed at the Yensabai Condotel and for those prices I havent found anything better yet. (www.pattayarentaroom.com). Soi 17 south Pattaya. A walk away from Walking Street. And the FLB.

The guy who runs the place is a German, which means everything is done gruendlich.

No extra money for electricity. Girl friendly. Nice restaurant around the corner.

Unlike some people I dont want my apartment to be cleaned everyday. And usually at an hour that I'm still asleep. Maybe I'm a pig.

But then I always stay 30 days or longer.

Anybody know if the baht busses goes the regular route to jomtien for 10-20baht at night time? Or do one have to hire a taxi to go there?

Sagge

It's 10 baht. The baht busses run all the time on this popular route.

Give me a Hotel any day.

Bigmike.

Serviced Apartments are a better option.

Most have room service, daily servicing and pretty much everything a hotel can offer......with the extras of more space, a living/sitting area, fill the fridge up yourself (big saving on a hotel minibar). I had DVD/toaster/coffee maker/microwave.

Hotel rooms get old....flying ducks on the wall at The Inn!!!!

Most apartments include electric and water, some charge it seperately.