Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

can someone please recommend me a nice hotel near Royal Garden plaza because I do most of my drinking in Soi Pattayaland 1&2. The obvious one if the marriot but there is no chance I am spending 4000baht on a room for the night. My budget is about 1200 baht a night.

Not a fan of staying in the penthouse so that one is out of window straight away. Been looking at welcome plaza and areca lodge, anymore I should be looking into?

The hotel is for me and my missus (Thai)

Cheers lads.

Try Soi13. I have stayed at the Sandy Springs and it is very nice. There is also the Dynasy Inn on that street along with the Lek. People have said there was constructin noise but I did not notice any.

Last month I stayed for six days at the Lek in Soi 13, 1200 baht per night for a standard room in the new wing. Excellent hotel, very close to pattayaland 1 & 2.

Also stayed at the Royal Twin Palace Hotel for 1 week, located exactly opposite the Marriott on 2nd road. Again 1200 baht per night, The rooms were very good but I preferred the Lek.

makavelli the Royal Palace and the Royal Twins are owned by the same people who also own The Sandy Spring. If you want to be close to Pattayalands 1&2 then you cant go wrong with the two Royals both are guest friendly.

Bigmike.

http://www.royalpalaceroyaltwins.com/main.htm

• 2 weeks later...

The Welcome Plaza Hotel is a dump. I stayed there for two nights a last week. First, I had a room looking away from town. Some goddamn roosters woke me up at 8am (after like 1 1/2 hours of sleep). I changed my room to one facing town which was a little better...too bad both rooms were very run down and had MOLD in the bathrooms. Oh yeah, I can't forget about the ants either.

Bigmike..

can you confirm Royal Palace is definitely guest friendly?? Have you stayed there.

Did a search but only this post came up.

Cheers

Yes mate definitely guest friendly.

Bigmike.

Agree with Yankinkorea. The Welcome Plaza is run down. Perhaps it was good hotel 15 year ago but not now. Suspect Royal Palace and Twins are similar.

Try Areca Lodge, Sandy Springs or Dynasty Inn.

Dynasty Inn has a construction area (new Condos) very close nearby with heavy construction noise. I stayed in Lek Hotel (new wing) the last three weeks and changed therefore from the site overlooking the pool to the other side overlooking Mike's shopping mall, even if I've lost a private balcony. Opposite Sandy Springs is currently a construction area, too.

Best wishes,

Blumi

can someone please recommend me a nice hotel near Royal Garden plaza because I do most of my drinking in Soi Pattayaland 1&2. The obvious one if the marriot but there is no chance I am spending 4000baht on a room for the night. My budget is about 1200 baht a night.

Not a fan of staying in the penthouse so that one is out of window straight away. Been looking at welcome plaza and areca lodge, anymore I should be looking into?

The hotel is for me and my missus (Thai)

Cheers lads.

If your checking in with someone you know.Try booking on-line.At the moment there are some great deals.

Try this site www.hoteltravel.com :beer