Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I usually come out at Christmas and book early because the flights get full.

This year I'm planning on 30 Oct - 20 Nov (or thereabouts) and I'm wondering whether I should book now (and pay more because of it) or, book in the last couple of months and risk not getting a flight on my preferred dates (but should be cheaper).

Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting a cheap flight for those dates close to the time?

Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting a cheap flight for those dates close to the time?

Honestly - no-one can - how long is a piece of string ?

Daft question and will yield only daft answers.

I disagree with Torrenova. It is a sensible question and one which those who have travelled at that time of year are able to answer from their own experience.

I agree with Bergerac, I usually travel end of October time and I usually book late august and have always got the exact dates I wanted.

Ric

Can confirm the above, my mate works for THG and that is what he told me when I asked about flights for the 1st week of november.

Wait until mid to late august.

Guest Fatboyfat

Brian & Tim,

If you want to book now try, http://www.ourstravel.com.

Prices are quoted (EVA for you Tim, direct) and Brian (connections either EVA or China) for all dates.

NO downpayment and pay in full 1 month before flying ( so if you get a better deal later on, you can cancel free of charge) Use them for both myself and friends all of the time with no ploblems!

Thanks, I'm going to wait until the last 2-3 months this time. I've bookmarked the site & I'll check it then.

How does the "pay later" bit work? Against Eva it says "ticket must be issued within 14 days after the booking. After ticket is issued, no refund and no date of change is allowed.". That would imply that they want money up front.

I'd like to try Eva, so many people enthuse over it, but there's a problem; I prefer to travel on a Sunday (after working late on Saturday night for the last few pennies), but Eva fly out at midday. I live in Cornwall (I'm an expat :cussing )and I can't get to the airport in time using Public Transport.

Brian,

I have just booked with Ours Travel today.......Got EVA £455+tax...and didn't have to pay a penny now....i'm travelling on the 10 Nov 2005 with the missus.

They take all your details on the phone and send you an email to confirm it.....On the email where the flight details are...just below it says ticket to be issued on the 24 Oct 2005.......approximately 2 weeks prior to departure.......and she said this is when i pay for the flight......

Get in there now.......as this can only be a good thing......then change if you get a better offer nearer the time as fatboyfat said above....

Cheers fatboyfat......much obliged !!!!!!........and it says were on the 777 aircraft...

Cheers...Tim

P.S........This is a 21:30pm flight Brian..!!!!!.....outwards......13:25 inbound..