Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Calling all Aussies! Thia prices for April onwards

Just got word from flightcentre. They have just recived the new pricing from Thai Airways for April onwards. They will be avalable for purchase from Monday 14th March.

As both BA & Emirates realeased fairs of $819+tax syd-bkk-syd over the last few months, hopefully we should have another round of deals coming our way, fingers crossed!

Actually was just looking for a November trip, I can never understand why Thai is so expensive, comparitively they are only average

Sydney - Bangkok

Singapore Airlines $920

Qantas $1099

British Airways $1099

Cathay pacific $1247

Thai $1473

They have to be joking don't they, of those 5 airlines (I've been on all of them) Thai is the worst, Singapore and Cathay the best.

yea just my luck bought tickets 2 weeks ago with singapore 1130 plus tax at flightcenter,thats brisbane/singapore/bangkok but the upside is it gets into bangkok at 21.30 on friday night

Actually was just looking for a November trip, I can never understand why Thai is so expensive, comparitively they are only average

Sydney - Bangkok

Singapore Airlines  $920

Qantas                  $1099

British Airways      $1099

Cathay pacific        $1247

Thai                      $1473

They have to be joking don't they, of those 5 airlines (I've been on all of them) Thai is the worst, Singapore and Cathay the best.

I know what your saying,

Ive had a flight booked with Thai for the past few months. I have been holding off payment as prices have not been realesed yet. Hopefully it will be worth it on monday. Thai seam to release standard pricing and leave any discounted fairs till all other airlines have realesed their's.

yea just my luck bought tickets 2 weeks ago with singapore 1130 plus tax at flightcenter,thats brisbane/singapore/bangkok but the upside is it gets into bangkok at 21.30 on friday night

It's all about timing!

I like to catch the 21:30hrs flight out of Sydney. Just a great feelling enjoying a beer/bbbj, lunchtime of my first day of leave in Pattaya. I don't feel as though i've wasted a day travelling!

You can still get $A1120on Qantas thru Venture holidays, including taxes, including 4 nights at Pathumwan Princess in BKK, but its twin share!!!!

You could then extend your holiday and spend the extra days in Pattaya.

The only problem is you need to book and go before the end of April.

Both Qantas and BA have flights under $1100, Qantas 23:30 arrival and BA 21:30, the same as Singapore Airlines but they arrive at 17:30. BA have a world traveler plus for about $1400 you have the old business class seats = more room and more TV Chanel's, another thing about WT+ is you are very likely to get an upgrade to full business class. These Quotes that I got were for June. These are all inclusive of taxes.

Bigmike.

Both Qantas and BA have flights under $1100, Qantas 23:30 arrival and BA 21:30, the same as Singapore Airlines but they arrive at 17:30. BA have a world traveler plus for about $1400 you have the old business class seats = more room and more TV Chanel's, another thing about WT+ is you are very likely to get an upgrade to full business class. These Quotes that I got were for June. These are all inclusive of taxes.

Bigmike.

Got to be honest, with both Qantas & BA, good servce seems to be based on which side of bed the cabin crew get out of. Give me a Thai/Singapore/Cathy flight anytime.

i fly with TG out of Auckland 90% of the time. And now TG are starting a dedicated AKL-BKK nonstop route. great no more sydney.

But TG do some great specials sometimes. last year they were doing AKL-SYD-BKK for $NZD999.

Im flying Wellington-AKL-BKK-Manila in june/july with TG and it is expensive. $NZD1599 in coach.

I think you aussis get a better deal as you are 3-4 hours closer to pussy countries than us kiwis.

Thai Airways price came in at $1,075.00+tax.

God bless the flight centre staff, a few phone calls and i am booked on Emerites Syd-Bkk-Syd for $777.00+tax!

Cool Dude.

Does that flight get you into BKK at 1AM ?, good luck then mate, I would prefer to pay the extra few bucks and arrive at 17:30 via Singapore Airlines or at 21:30 via BA.

Bigmike.

Cool Dude.

Does that flight get you into BKK at 1AM ?, good luck then mate, I would prefer to pay the extra few bucks and arrive at 17:30 via Singapore Airlines or at 21:30 via BA.

Bigmike.

Yeah, that's the only draw back.

Haven't decided if i will get a room in bkk or just push on through to Pattaya.

I booked with flight centre in October to fly out on the 31st of March 2005. We paid $1265 + $125 for taxes. This gets us a flight with Thai Airways non stop to Phucket from Melbourne then Phucket to Bangkok then Bangkok direct back to Melbourne. There were cheaper options available however stop overs were required.

I booked with flight centre in October to fly out on the 31st of March 2005. We paid $1265 + $125 for taxes. This gets us a flight with Thai Airways non stop to Phucket from Melbourne then Phucket to Bangkok then Bangkok direct back to Melbourne. There were cheaper options available however stop overs were required.

Mate Harvey World Travel have a flight to BKK with BA via Sydney arrive BKK at 21:30 for $1174 inclusive of taxes, thats a saving of over $200 bucks. Qantas have a slightly dearer flight also for $1227 but it arrives at BKK at 23:30.

Bigmike.

Hi all,

Seeing how its all about aussies in this thread, can I expand with a couple of questions:

1. Has anybody done a melb -> manila -> bangkok -> melb trip? I was thinking about checking out angeles on my next trip to pattaya.

How much was it?

Did one particular airline have better deals? ie does Philippines airline do better deals (do they still come to oz?)

I've yet to get firm prices, but any thoughts most appreciated.

2. Money! I've always used traveller's cheques (note spelling, you septics

Has anybody used Westpac ATM card with the little cirrus logo thing? And has anybody used it in angeles city.

Thanks

SlipSlop

Yes, PA do come to Oz. Check out their website. They had some good deals about two years ago but I haven't tried them for a while. Might be worth trying a cheap Mel-Bkk ticket and buy Bkk-AC in LOS.

Get yourself a debit card (charges free) to back up your credit card. Have a credit card with low limit, but pay into it so your in credit before you go. I've got three cards with Westpac and CBA; Master, Visa and Cirrus. I'm pretty sure Cirrus is the one thats NOT good to go. :banghead

Remember to take your card out of the ATM. LOS machines give you the money first, then the card, not like here in OZ.

Hi all,

Seeing how its all about aussies in this thread, can I expand with a couple of questions:

1. Has anybody done a melb -> manila -> bangkok -> melb trip?  I was thinking about checking out angeles on my next trip to pattaya.

How much was it?

Did one particular airline have better deals? ie does Philippines airline do better deals (do they still come to oz?)

I've yet to get firm prices, but any thoughts most appreciated.

2.  Money!  I've always used traveller's cheques (note spelling, you septics  :banghead ) Lots of members have said ATMs are the go.  I just worry about landing in a different country where the only thing between me and starvation is a piece of plastic.

Has anybody used Westpac ATM card with the little cirrus logo thing? And has anybody used it in angeles city.

Thanks

Can't help you with the airlines but as far as the money is concerned i use a Cash Passport from Travelex. Is backed up by Visa so you can use it in any ATM that takes Visa. You can pick these up at the airport.

Upside - you can Bpay funds from you bank account, valid for three years and they issue with two cards with diferant pin numbers, just in case you misplace one. Oh yeah, is not linked to any bank account so no worry about some wizz kid getting his hand on you money back home.

Downside -you do have a small charge per withdrawal.

I used this card all over Pattaya last October without any problems.

The outward trip i was quoted on yesterday was Syd-Mel-Phuket-Bkk. Leaving Sydney about 21:30hrs on a Wednesday. I think the rest of the week the flight misses out Phuket. $1,075+tax through flightcentre. I actually had this flight booked in December but the prices was only released yesterday. If i were you i would give flightcentre a call and question the price you paid back in October. Don't forget their price garentee!

It's all about timing!

I like to catch the 21:30hrs flight out of Sydney. Just a great feelling enjoying a beer/bbbj, lunchtime of my first day of leave in Pattaya. I don't feel as though i've wasted a day travelling!

Couldn't agree more.

I usually take an early mark off work and catch either the 1530 or 1730 flight from Sydney. Arriving at either 2130 or 2300. I used to go straight to Pattaya but now with the early closures I go straight to my hotel near Nana Plaza. There I usually have my favourite lady waiting for me at my hotel otherwise straight to Nana.