Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Majestic suites - room size.

I've been there a few times. The first couple of times I had a regular size bathtub. The last time I was there I had a bigger bathtub, although the room didn't seem to be any bigger. Just imagine a room big enough for a king-sized bed and not much else.

Rex

dont know if its your 1st time at the Majestic.

and no more to add on room size,

but this may help some one

So Your Staying At The Majestic Suites ?

You get your taxi ,and off you go

Now there no car park at the Majestic,

So your drop"ed off at Soi 4 Nana.

You get out the cab,give"n your bags,

Then you smile ,pay & tip the man,

He smiles points and says" Majestic" & divers away.

You are now in what looks like a scene from Blade Runer!

So stop look around do a 360 ,

you will see at the end of the Soi a 7 /11 gas station (garage)

on a main rd (st)

This is to your left,you need to be on the right side of the Soi,

Pick up your bags ,and walk to the end of the Soi,

pass the drunks ,though the st & food vendor

you pass the nice Ladys ,so smile, to the lighhts at the end and turn right.

you walk in berween st vendor & shops

not far now,

Look out for a sign for Majestic Taylor.

The door to the Majestic is to the left.

When you get to your room ,check under the bed ,

If ther" a pkk of unused condoms there please pass to receptin ,for Mr Joe,

I just know I left them there?

I've stayed at the Majestic Suites two times. Had a nice sized tub, the first time and a regular size the next time. Yes, they are nice, but the room is so damn small.

Queen size bed in a closet is more like it. I did like the place, but the size of the room does get to you. So, I looked at the Nana Hotel and went for a Deluxe room at 1,500 Baht. That room is huge, but I gave up the luxury of the Majestic Suites bathroom.

I got 2 sofas, 2 TV's, king size bed and a big room in exchange, which I thought was well worth the trade.

Looks like a nice hotel prices seem a bit step cheapest 2500thb to 13000thb but does include Jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY DAYS.Tims beer bar has same but only 1000thb leaving 12000thb for entertaining!!!!!!!!!!! <huh

Yes, the Majestic rooms are a little small, but I agree that the in-room safe is a good feature.

I stayed at the Majestic during my last trip, but on this current trip I can't get into the damn place!! It's always booked up. Instead, I am staying at another little hotel I like, the Parkway just a couple of doors down. It is similar in concept and in the same basic price range as the Majestic, and the staff there are very friendly and helpful. Taxi drop-off continues to be a small hassle - if I am coming from the airport I get dropped off at the 7-11/petrol stn. on the corner, and if coming from Pattaya I get dropped off either at the Landmark or at the small lane between the Landmark and the Parkway.

I'm staying at the Majestic Grande tonight - I wanted to compare it against the nearby JW Marriot which, IMO, has gained a bit of a false reputation as being a bit special. I'll do a quick run-down on the place in the next couple of days.

Tom

Looking forward to your report, Tom!

2500 is still more than I usually want to pay, but not totally out of my budget for a special occasion, so I hold my breath and wait for your review!

Please son't forget to mention on (Multiple?)Guestfriendlyness!

Sunny

I stayed at the Magestic Grande on Sun 20 March. As I said, I wanted to compare the place to the JWM down the Soi since that was the only hotel in Sukhumvit that appeared to be coming up on Priceline over the last few months.

I booked directly with the hotel by phone from my hotel in Pattaya and was quoted 2,900 Baht per night incl 2 breakfasts. All I knew when I booked was that it was on Soi 2, looked good in the photos and seemed a decent price. A pleasant surprise was that the price already included tax and service which, pricewise, made the place a much better deal than both the JWM and the Landmark (my other hotel of choice in that area). The check in staff were very friendly and efficient and went out of their way to make sure that I was happy with everything. The rooms themselves are smaller than the JWM but the furnishings and fittings are of a much higher quality (probably on par with the Westin and Sheraton) and had obviously been well-designed whereas the JWM seems to have just been thrown together without too much thought.

The hotel is actually located on the right hand side of the Soi about 100 metres on from the entrance to JWM which, initially, seemed to indicate that I would have a fair bit of walking to do to reach the P4P areas. However, the entrance is directly opposite Annie's Massage and a stroll past that and the Rajah brings you straight into the action on Soi 4 (Nana Nua). For getting around further afield it is about a 10 minute walk to both Nana and Ploenchit Skytrain stations.

Early in the evening I had three female friends (non P4P) visit me and they were all treated with the utmost courtesy by all the staff and I am sure there would not have been any issue had we all disappeared to my room. Later in the evening I brought back a Riva's girl and had no problem whatsoever from any of the staff so the place seems to be guest friendly in a discreet way - pretty much in line with the other 4/5 Star properties in the area.

All in all, on the basis of price, quality and convenience I would rate the place just behind the Landmark (purely because of the free upgrade deals available there) but ahead of the JWM due to the better price and included breakfasts. Whatever your taste, it is a welcome addition and alternative to the established Sukhumvit 4/5 Star hotels.

• 2 weeks later...