Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Have stayed at a few hotels over the past 4-5 years but have not found one with good overall sports channels in the room for watching golf, rugby and soccer. This would be great especially when the golf is in the US and is on when most bars are closed.

Any recommendations?

Hi greg do they have ubc in the rooms?The standard sophon cable you get in most hotels has good sports coverage they had a lot of live golf uspga included when i stayed there over christmas and rugby but the football coverage is shite they used to show a lot of football on star sports etc but now very little if i want to watch the football i go to a bar as they have ubc.Basically if you want to see all the sports you need ubc in your hotel good luck.

I have no recommendations but it's a bloody good question. Many of us do not live by horizontal jogging alone. ch)

Speak for yourself, John.

Thanks guys,

Greg B - only trouble with the Roof Garden is getting back there, how do you do it easily? - stayed at the RG once and, maybe due to my state on the return trips, always found it difficult to get back!

Big Dusa, good to meet you on my recent trip, am now planning a short trip in June followed by a longer one in September.

Speak for yourself, John. :D Us younger guys still like to go the extra distance. Just ask the Klingon Warrior Princess. :beer

What is the secret Denny? Have you cracked the key to the fountain of youth, or it is dining in Burger King and showing the ladies a good time. :beer

:o Alow me to add a question to the question:

WHAT ARE THE PUBS WITH THE BEST WIDE SCREENS TO WATCH FOOTBALL??

I could have started a new topic but the topics are related so - with your permission - Ill bring it up on this topic.

As far as I am concerned I mean bars between Soi Pattaya Office and Tony's on Walking Street.

Champions League and Britisch Football is what I am interested in. And during most of the semi finals and finals I'll be in Pattaya.

:fingers As longs as the Italians dont win.

Any suggestions from past or recent experiences?

(:banghead If this topic has been done already, just hurt me.)

knockknock,

Not sure if this is in your required geographical area, Shennanigans on 2nd Road just beyond Royal Garden Plaza have a big screen and show all sport. As you no doubt know already Champions League will ko at 1.45am in Thailand (Summer Time in Europe from this weekend) . Very possible it and other bars will be "officially" closed.

No guarantee about the Italians either. They all look dangerous contenders. <laugh

Cheapest place I have stayed with the OK'ish channels, was at Pattaya Centre, soi 12. This was 4-5 years ago and I will not reccomend the hotel anymore but the channel selection impressed me (after the struggle to get the remote to the room).

Thanks Growler for the info.

I know the place, it's well within my area, I can walk it from Yensabai in 15 minutes. The place has class and taste. And a choice of good beers. :lol:

Concerning the time-difference I can only hope that the boys in brown will look the other way just for one night. I have good hope because most of the Thai policemen I've met love football too. :rolleyes:

Once I'm in Pattaya, 2 weeks from now, I will ask the staff ofcourse. :lol:

Tks Loytoy,

:lol: I visited their photosite on Pattaya-at-night. Their full name tells the story: Premierleague Football Bar and Restaurant. Open 24/7

The website of Tim's bar is down. But I'm sure the place is still open. They seem to get lots of sportsfans from the Lek hotel opposit the place.

Two good new tips. Tks again. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Tims is still there, was in a couple of nights ago, the back bar they have a hugh screen, almost like an auditorium, they have also extended the pool room which now has about 12 tables. I don't know how they set the room up for sporting events but would think they do a good job, everything else there seems to run pretty well......... except the gogo girls who are a bit well fed. Cheers