Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Soccer Players On The Same Team Fighting !

Reminds me of the 2 Blackburn players who started fighting in Moscow during a European Cup Game. David Batty and I think Graham Le Saux.

norverners innit, flat caps n wippits

The's nowt wrong whi wippits.

Or pigons.

Originally posted by Barrington_Tenchanall (a.k.a. Exhibit K):

ITS FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!!!!

SOCCER IS WHAT THE CRETINS PLAY IN SHERMAN LAND.

Are you functioning under the misperception that your obscene language is a satisfactory substitute for your lack of intellect and an adequate vocabulary? BTW, are you drunk again and having trouble with your Caps Lock key?

"Sherman land?" Are you referring to the U.S.-manufactured Sherman tanks which American soldiers used to save your Limey bacon in WWII? BTW, the silly game you're referring to is soccer. Football is an entirely different silly game.

Originally posted by Hammer:

Didn't want to confuse our American friends !

It's exceedingly unlikely Barrington_Tenchanall (a.k.a. Exhibit K) has any American friends. I'm sure he can find some vulgar, amoral forms of Eurotrash to chum around with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the transfer society, the general public is not only poorer but also less contented, less autonomous, more rancorous, and more politicized. Individuals take part less often in voluntary community activities and more often in belligerent political contests. Genuine communities cannot breathe in the poisonous atmosphere of redistributional politics. Most important, the society that allows its government to redistribute income on a large scale necessarily sacrifices much of its liberty.

Finally, one must recognize that, notwithstanding what some regard as the institutionalization of compassion, the transfer society quashes genuine virtue. Redistribution of income by means of government coercion is a form of theft. Its supporters attempt to disguise its essential character by claiming that democratic procedures give it legitimacy, but this justification is specious. Theft is theft, whether it be carried out by one thief or by a hundred million thieves acting in concert. And it is impossible to found a good society on the institutionalization of theft. — Robert Higgs, Against Leviathan: Government Power and a Free Society (2004)

What more would you expect from soccer (Football is AFL in Australia)

it has been known for years that something had to be done to at least make the game(SOCCER) a little exciting.as for entertainment value it don't have a chance when compared to AFL 2guns .

the foot :rolleyes:

Sky, seriously, you are a fucking waste of space, a supercillious troll, if you are indeed who you say you are, and what has happened to you is correct, then quite frankly you deserved it for being a fucking stuck up arrogant twat.

Im sorry, but you have got away with insulting more people on this forum than anyone in its history, hidden behind quotes and extracts from racists, war criminals and general all round fucked up goons, i take the old deer stalker off to you, and please credit me in your works.

And before barriorunner starts belating about american bashers, regardless of the fact you are supposedly an American, you are still a grade A tit.

Sky, seriously, you are a fucking waste of space, a supercillious troll

Troll? You're the bloke (a little Limey lingo for you) who entered this thread with a gratuitous insult directed at Americans.

Im sorry

Indeed you are; although I submit "pathetic" would be even more accurate.

you have got away with insulting more people on this forum than anyone in its history, hidden behind quotes and extracts from racists, war criminals and general all round fucked up goons

"Hidden behind?" Been at the booze again, eh? I wasn't aware that John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, John Locke, Thomas Paine, Samuel Adams, Lysander Spooner, James Madison, Vin Suprynowicz, L. Neil Smith, et al. were "racists, war criminals and general all round fucked up goons." It's not unexpected for you to demean people whose shadow you're unworthy to stand in. It's also no surprise you endorse a person being imprisoned, denied bail, counsel, a jury trial, etc. simply because he exposes your vulgarity and lack of wit and character.

BTW, are you ever going to explain who "Austin" is, how you plan to "bust my chops," or where you got the delusion we'd ever met?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must the citizen even for a moment, or in the least degree, resign his conscience to the legislator? Why has every man a conscience then? I think that we should be men first, and subjects afterward. — Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience (1849)

We, the delegates of the people of Virginia, duly elected,... in behalf of the people of Virginia, declare and make known, that the powers granted under the Constitution, being derived from the people of the United States, may be resumed by them, whensoever the same shall be perverted to their injury or oppression; and that every power not granted thereby, remains with them and at their will: that, therefore, no right, of any denomination, can be cancelled, abridged, restrained, or modified. — the Virginia Act of Ratification of the United States Constitution

It declares that all powers granted by the Constitution, are derived from the people of the United States; and may be resumed by them when perverted to their injury or oppression; and that every power not granted remains with them, and at their will; and that no right of any description can be cancelled, abridged, restrained or modified by Congress, the Senate, the House of Representatives, the President, or any department, or officer of the United States. Language cannot be stronger! — John C. Calhoun on the above resolution

This topic is about soccer/football, who gives a fuck what someone thinks about another members country.i cop it all the time being a French/australian(thats life) maybe its time some of you kept the American bullshit to the correct thread.

the foot :rolleyes:

a supercillious troll

I have no desire to become embroiled in this discourse per se, but I would have never expected to see this sort of colourful description in a forum like this. Quite Excellent! :beer

However, until the actors stop feigning life ending injuries when they take a cleat to the shin, I cannot take the sport seriously. Now if they can LEGITIMATELY hurt each other while fighting..I'm all for that. :beer

Oh I thought winning WW2 was a joint effort.

I wonder what the Russians were doing....

What were the US doing in 39, 40, 41?

We had just discovered soccer, and were just too damn busy with it to notice anything else. :cussing

Originally posted by greenhorn:

Oh I thought winning WW2 was a joint effort.

Are you referring to the WW2 started as a consequence of the unconscionable Versailles Treaty imposed by Great Britain and France? The same two countries which sat idly by while a brutal tyrant came to power in Germany and rearmed its military forces? The same two countries which watched placidly when the Rhineland was reoccupied and Austria was annexed, which sold out the Czechs, and which ignored the U.S.S.R. invasion of Poland while declaring war (years too late) on Nazi Germany?

I wonder what the Russians were doing....

Besides invading Finland in 1939 and Poland in 1940? Depends on which Russian you're referring to. Stalin was cursing himself for letting his treaty partner attack the U.S.S.R. one year before he planned to invade Germany. In 1940, many Soviet citizens welcomed the Germans as liberators. If Flash_Basbo's pals, Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, hadn't made some spectacular blunders in 1940, Russians would now be speaking German.

What were the US doing in 39, 40, 41?

Between 1939-1941, the overwhelming majority of Americans were minding their own business. When we do this, people like you call it "isolationism." When we needlessly interfere overseas, people like you call it Yankee imperialism and aggression.

FDR, however, was actively violating the U.S. Neutrality Acts (and, as usual, lying through his teeth to the gullible American public) and seeking to embroil the USA in another foreign war. Eventually, he succeeded. And were you Brits ever happy!

There was as much chance of Japan, Germany, and Italy invading and conquering America as there is of the U.K. ever repaying its WWI and WWII war loans to the USA.

Although Roosevelt and the New Dealers failed to end the depression, they succeeded in revolutionizing the institutions of U.S. political and economic life and in changing the country's dominant ideology. Even today, sixty-five years after the New Deal ran out of steam, its legacies remain and continue to hamper the successful operation of the market economy and to diminish individual liberties.

"People in the mass," wrote H. L. Mencken, "soon grow used to anything, including even being swindled. There comes a time when the patter of the quack becomes as natural and as indubitable to their ears as the texts of Holy Writ, and when that time comes it is a dreadful job debamboozling them" Sixty-five years after the New Deal itself petered out, Americans overwhelmingly take for granted the expansive, something-for-nothing character of the federal government established by the New Dealers. For Democrats and Republicans alike, Franklin Delano Roosevelt looms as the most significant political figure of the twentieth century.

However significant his legacies, though, Roosevelt deserves no reverence. He was no hero. Rather, he was an exceptionally resourceful political opportunist who harnessed the extraordinary potential for personal and party aggrandizement inherent in a uniquely troubled and turbulent period of U.S. history. By wheeling and dealing, by taxing and spending, by ranting against "economic royalists" and posturing as the friend of the common man, he got himself elected time after time. For all his undeniable political prowess, however, he prolonged the depression and greatly fostered a bloated, intrusive government that has been trampling on the people's liberties ever since. — Robert Higgs, Against Leviathan: Government Power and a Free Society (2004)

"There was as much chance of Japan, Germany, and Italy invading and conquering America as there is of the U.K. ever repaying its WWI and WWII war loans to the USA."

That's a wicked slur..... I believe it will be paid off this or next year.

Please don't tell me we are still paying for those 50 rust buckets, sorry I mean those fine Town Class Destroyers..... lol.

As you well know only one was really useful and that was parked in the Normandie gates. Bit suspicious what happened to the ole Normandie... shoddy workmanship?

Of course I enjoy your revionist slant on history, I hadn't realised that old Woodrow wasn't involved at Versaille.... I do apologise. So he or Lodge couldn't've agreed or signed off on Articles 231-247... course being the ignorant person I'm, I had to look them up. Obviously I'm not smart as a history professor or the self taught.

"The same two countries which sat idly by while a brutal tyrant came to power in Germany and rearmed its military forces? The same two countries which watched placidly when the Rhineland was reoccupied and Austria was annexed, which sold out the Czechs, and which ignored the U.S.S.R. invasion of Poland while declaring war (years too late) on Nazi Germany?"

Who appointed these two countries as the world's watchdogs?

What did the USA do.... of course they're not culpable, as they were isolationist.

"Sherman land?" Are you referring to the U.S.-manufactured Sherman tanks which American soldiers used to save your Limey bacon in WWII?

Of course, I forgot that Commonwealth servicemen never used it.

Then the German nickname "Tommy Cooker" must be a misnomer.

Of course it's a figment of my imagination that one of the best marks to come out Detroit was the M4A4...... upgunned with the trusty 17pdr anti tank gun..... mind you this was a British upgrade....

Carry on old boy, don't hide your military knowledge under bush, please illuminate us all. To learn at the knee of a military man, 'tis a great honour.

Shockingly the Russians had 4,000 M4s.... what would you do with them, when you had T34s.... I know which one Russian tankers would prefer.

That's a wicked slur..... I believe it will be paid off this or next year.

The U.K. hasn't made more than a dent in its WWI debt to the USA, let alone paying off WWI and WWII debt "this or next year." Don't let reality intrude into your posts, however.

Of course, I forgot that Commonwealth servicemen never used it.

Then the German nickname "Tommy Cooker" must be a misnomer.

I never said Commonwealth servicemen didn't use U.S.-manufactured tanks. Don't let the fact I never said or remotely thought that keep you from attributing it to me, however. Brits were delighted to get U.S.-made tanks. Considering the alternative was using British-made tanks, I understand their rationale.

If you seriously want to examine some real cracker box "tanks," check out the pathetic examples cranked out by Flash_Basbo's Italian brethren. Italian tanks made Japanese tanks look good.

Shockingly the Russians had 4,000 M4s.... what would you do with them, when you had T34s.... I know which one Russian tankers would prefer.

I guess you just forgot to explain why the Russians begged for those 4,000 inferior M-4 Shermans.

Please don't tell me we are still paying for those 50 rust buckets, sorry I mean those fine Town Class Destroyers..... lol.

"Rust buckets?" Oh, you mean those 50 WWI era U.S. destroyers you blokes begged FDR to send to England, partly because you desperately needed more destroyers and partly because you sought to embroil the USA in your war (just like you chaps did in WWI).

Of course I enjoy your revionist slant on history, I hadn't realised that old Woodrow wasn't involved at Versaille.... I do apologise. So he or Lodge couldn't've agreed or signed off on Articles 231-247... course being the ignorant person I'm, I had to look them up. Obviously I'm not smart as a history professor or the self taught.

"Revionist?" [sic] In the unlikely event you seriously want to learn about "old [evil and gullible] Woodrow," I invite your attention to The Illusion of Victory by Thomas Fleming. Wilson was aghast at the British/French terms for the Treaty of Versailles. He was also a human vegetable due to stokes at the time the treaty was signed. While not one American in a thousand (then or now) is aware of it, Wilson's doltish wife and her cronies ran the U.S. government for months. You, "ignorant?" I can't imagine an ignorant member on this board of rocket scientists. Next, you'll be suggesting there's a resident collection of liars, vulgar knaves, and/or amoral statists. :rolleyes:

Who appointed these two countries as the world's watchdogs?

What did the USA do.... of course they're not culpable, as they were isolationist.

Do you have a world map handy? Check out the proximity of France and the U.K. to Germany then locate the USA (BTW, we're on a different continent across all that blue space). Ignoring which countries were directly responsible for the Treaty of Versailles, which countries were at more risk from a rearmed Germany with Adolf Hitler at the helm (a little Navy lingo for the ex-squids)? If you can't figure this out for yourself, ask a Yank tourist or a reasonably bright child.

That's right; when Americans mind our own business, we're "isolationists." When we intervene overseas, we're war-mongering imperialists. Unless, of course, we're rescuing Limey/Frog/Belgian/Dutch/etc. bacon.

If you study the domestic polices of the Herbert Hoover and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Administrations, and compare them with the policies of Adolf Hitler and his mentor, Benito Mussolini, you will eventually come — however reluctantly — to the conclusion that World War II was not a conflict between fascism and something else, as advertised, but a conflict between competing brands of fascism. — L. Neil Smith, 15 June 2003

Government, today, has grown too strong to be safe. There are no longer any citizens in the world; there are only subjects. They work day in and day out for their masters; they are bound to die for their masters at call. Out of this working and dying they tend to get less and less. On some bright morning tomorrow, a geological epoch or two hence, they will come to the end of their endurance, and then such newspapers as survive will have a first-page story well worth its black headlines. — H. L. Mencken, 1925

FWIW IMO, there's not one player worth more than £10.00 a hour!!

:bs

However, until the actors stop feigning life ending injuries when they take a cleat to the shin, I cannot take the sport seriously. Now if they can LEGITIMATELY hurt each other while fighting..I'm all for that. :D

Excellent description.

I just want to know what the training/medical staff have in those "magic" water bottles that instantaneously resuscitate the befallen actors on the pitch who go down as if hit by a high powered rifle.

I have heard, seen and participated in teammate brawls during practice but once the game is on versus an opposing team, they are the enemy, not my teammates.

Newcastle should banish both players to the Canadian Professional Soccer League.

"Do you have a world map handy? Check out the proximity of France and the U.K. to Germany then locate the USA (BTW, we're on a different continent across all that blue space). Ignoring which countries were directly responsible for the Treaty of Versailles, which countries were at more risk from a rearmed Germany with Adolf Hitler at the helm (a little Navy lingo for the ex-squids)? If you can't figure this out for yourself, ask a Yank tourist or a reasonably bright child."

It's too easy.

So the US weren't signatories...... Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslavakia... are all closer.

Am still puzzled why the US joined in.....if I followed your line of thought..