Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Looking for flights in October from Manchester to Bkk returning on the 7th November, the cheapest I have been quoted so far is £570, for saying it's supposed to be the low season, I figure that a little high, where are all these £350-£399 deals.

Done all the noraml searches, Ourtravel, EstaWest, Dialaflight, Exoedia and Opodo all cleap flight coming up as booked out or only business class available.

Anyone any idea's or got a tap into seret deals.

Many thanks

Pat

Try looking here www.traveljungle.co.uk

If you can skew your travel dates a little you can get a Qatar

flight for about £471. It may get cheaper nearer to the date.

They fly out Wed and Sun at 1020 and at 2100 on Mon and Thurs.

Leave BKK 2035 on Tues/Sat and at 0750 on Mon/Thurs.

Stop over is at Doha but not too long.

Travel Jungle will search most sites (but not all). In the past

I have got best price at Last Min, Airline Network and Opodo on

different trips so it pays to shop around.

A good airline and I have tried most of the others.

Bill

Edited by BongoBill9999

pat,

Airline Network has Qatar available at GBP 480 incl tax. If you can put off your travel by a week or so, Travelmood (www.flynow.com) has the Swiss/Thai codeshare via Zurich at GBP 494 incl tax using Thai's brand new A340-600. Prior to the 1 Nov it is still scheduled on the old MD11.

As a rule of thumb, the low season for flights starts at the end of Aug/beginning of Sep and deals are normally released 70-100 days in advance, depending on the airline. Therefore you are really looking at sometime after the late-May Bank Holiday for deals in Sep/Oct. Personally, I would go for the best schedule/price available when I knew my travel dates as the so-called deals frequently are only headline prices applicable to travel on a Mon/Tue/Wed or other restrictions. One of the purposes of the EVA/Thai deals under GBP400 from London has been achieved (removing Phuket Airlines from the competition) so I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing the same sort of deals resurfacing to the same extent in the autumn. Anyway, Heathrow is a shithole that is best avoided IMHO - I would opt to go via Doha, Dubai or Singapore and make my savings at the duty free.

Tom

Guest JAULS

I got an email from Travelmood yesterday.Eva are doing UK to Bangkok ,business class for £775 .Book before the end of June for quite a few various dates.Two people must travel there together and come back together as it is a companion fare.Great deal if you are going with a buddy.

FAres for October do n ot normally reduce until about August. I got an october fare last year for £400 with Thai. I am waiting for them to come down in price for this year.

Ric

FAres for October do n ot normally  reduce until about  August. I got  an october fare last year for £400 with Thai. I am waiting for them to come down in price for this year.

Ric

RICHERTS,

Thai is currently introducing its refurbished 747s onto the London route. Whilst First and Business class products have had a positive reaction the economy class cabin seems to be pretty much as before except for the seat covers. EVA on the other hand are introducing all new 777 aircraft onto the LHR-BKK route from 15 Sep which will be fitted out in the same style as their Airbus 330s with the addition of an Evergreen Deluxe cabin. All seats, including economy, on the EVA flights will have touch-screen AVOD (Audio Video On Demand) and all the gizmos that go with it. Given the choice between the two, I know who I would opt to fly with.

Tom

Edited by CheshireTom

Hi Tom

Certainly worth thinking about. What I like about the Thai flight is mid day flight from UK. I hate waiting around all day for my flight. Always been happy with Thai and have almost earnt eneough points for a free flight but if Eva are cheaper I will go with them.

Thanks for the hint about the new Eva aircraft though

Ric