Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Anybody got any info on a direct web link to the Lek Hotel in Soi 13,i understand that the new block is supposed to be worth looking at.I would appreciate any feedback.

Anybody got any info on a direct web link to the Lek Hotel in Soi 13,i understand that the new block is supposed to be worth looking at.I would appreciate any feedback.

Stayed there first two days on my last trip

Upsides: Relatively nice rooms, in-room safe, nice pool, nice buffet, helpful housekeeping staff.

Downsides: Rock-hard bed, some attitude from security staff if you bring a lady in (though no joiner fee), room smelled of smoke badly (and no non-smoking rooms), weak AC.

average hotel,noisy airco, room pool ok, staff ok,only made breakfast once ok.liked safe in room ,location good.

Areca lodge and sandyspring better and cheaper.I paid 1200 a night walkin.

I stayed at the Lek (new wing) last September and liked it alot. In room safe. IDD phones. Good pool. 90baht breakfast buffet. 7/11 attached to the building. Step out the front door and baht busses will take you north. A short walk to beach road, Soi post office, Royal Plaza Mall and Mikes Mall.

I payed 850 a night in Sept. I just asked about June and they are quoting 1000 new wing, 700 old.

Submarineman

This is the best link I found.

http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

I stayed there for a couple of days in March. Room was fine, service fine. I got the deluxe room in the new wing. Good size, but I am not sure it offers much over a regular room in the new wing. Location cannot be beat. Safe in room is a plus.

I have stayed at the Dynasty ,

And look out on to the Lek ,

and I must say I like the look of there pool,

So on my last trip I asked to view a room ,

I was shown a very dated looking room with two single beds ,

This put me off moveing ,

I take it I was shown the old wing ?

Will look againg in May ,

Joe

lek_hotel@hotmail.com

try this, the lek is agreat hotel with a great pool

I was offered the old wing in may for 700baht but am staying 2months

Edited by sinbinjack
lek_hotel@hotmail.com

try this, the lek is agreat hotel with a great pool

stayed in old wing in OCT for 750bt.

stopped in march, just new wing availble at 1200bt.

went to baybreese then moved to Flipper Hotel, Soi 7, 750bt.

Flipper, better ac and room

Lek better location, pool and "buffet" if your looking for cheap food.

Concurr with Soi 13 being the best loction, I like the AA Residentcy but with the construction will be stay "away" from Soi13 for the next year or so.

was offered the jr. suite for 1k, normally 1400 but declined.

staying anywhere in LOS is better than going to work!!!

Stayed in the new wing in March 05 for 8 nights. Hotel is OK, but nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Wasn't too impresses with cleanliness. I was charged 1200 per day. No discount, because I could not commit for 8 nights from the beginning and pay up-front. When settling the bill, I was charged 35B each for unsuccessful phone calls (got busy signals) to local mobile phones. When I complaint, I was told that I should have informed the operator immediately, but as the charges were in the computer system by now, there would be no way to waive them. I did not like it a bit, but did not want to start a fight over a couple of Baht.

Location is nice, but it is noisy these days due to the construction in the neighborhood.

I appreciated their large parking lot easily accessible from Soi 13, as I had a rental car.

Have stayed in the old part of the Lek a couple of times, (these days I usually choose the Ma Maison at the other end of the Soi).

One stand out irritant is that long serving twit of a doorman they have on in the evenings. I was amazed to see him still there on my last trip in March. I figure he must have a pic of the boss in bed with a labrador or something :behead

As there's no bargirl discussion on this forum, I'll refrain from going further. But I wouldn't be surprised if other members know the one I'm referring to, and would have their own opinions to offer.

Otherwise it's not a bad place to stay, particularly with the good pool.

Cheers, Lemons

One stand out irritant is that long serving twit of a doorman they have on in the evenings. I was amazed to see him still there on my last trip in March. I figure he must have a pic of the boss in bed with a labrador or something :o

As there's no bargirl discussion on this forum, I'll refrain from going further. But I wouldn't be surprised if other members know the one I'm referring to, and would have their own opinions to offer.

Either I know exactly which one you're talking about, or they've got another one just as bad :rolleyes:

Booked some friends in today at the rack rate for the deluxe room, which was 1800 baht. You could probably get it much cheaper through a travel agent, but we were tired and wanted a place to drop our gear in a hurry.

One thing that 's really hard to find on the internet is the phone number of a hotel. Booking offers, sure, hundreds for each hotel, but a direct line to the hotel itself? :frustrated

So here it is for the Lek Hotel: 038-425-552

be aware that many girls wont stay in the room that the scandinavian guy bleed to death in. maybe someone here remebers the room number, i used to know it but have forgotten. the girls certainly knew what the number was.

Have stayed in the old part of the Lek a couple of times, (these days I usually choose the Ma Maison at the other end of the Soi).

Ma Maison? Is this a hotel? I hada quick search and could not find anything..

Ma Maison?  Is this a hotel? I hada quick search and could not find anything..

Jnr,

Here is the link for the Ma Maison:

http://www.mamaison-hotel.com/e_index.html

Low season 700thb & high season 900thb.

Swiss run. About 30 rooms, all A/cond with in room safe. Pool and good location. Can add an A/B'fast for 50thb.

I get on really well with the staff, and find the location super handy. Most of your fellow guests will be French or Swiss, but I always have a good time.

Lemons

If you go left from the Lek Hotel and walk about 2 blocks you'll see a the Skaw Beach Hotel on a side street {other side of the road}

650 Baht for a nice clean room, lady friendly, phones, AC, swimming pool and a king size bed...

Nice hotel for a very good price, but no website.

Im at the LEK now the noise is intermitent and can be avoided by getting a room that faces 2nd rd and is on thge upper floors.contrary to the email they sent me on walk in I got a rate of 650baht and on the 8th floor in a very large room(I once lived in a bed sit much smaller than this room and had to share a toilet)this was a price I could not turn down as I love the location of this hotel and the pool is great for my daily swim