Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

WHERE IS THE CENTER OF ACTION

I have never been to Pattaya.I will be there for 30 days in July. I would like to stay in the center of the ACTION, beer bars & go go bars. I would like to be no more than 15 to 20 minutes, by foot, from the center of the action. I have been looking at staying at the Sunshine on 8 Soi in Central Pattaya and the the Diamond Beach on 499 Beach Rd. in South Pattaya right off the Walking Street. Which Hotel would put me closer to the center of the ACTION? Any comments on either of these Hotels? Suggestions for other Hotels? Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

They will both put you in the center of the action just in two different locations.More GoGo Bars in the area of Diamond Beach and More Beer Bars in the Sunshine hotel area.

Sunshine on soi 8 is a good choice. Low season bargain stay for 14 nights pay for 10. Think of the nite life area as a rectangle and your in the middle. Baht bus is easy to use and will take you to Walking Street or Big C on soi 2 for 10 baht.

Stop in at the Alamo Bar on soi 8 and say hello to Gary the owner. Tell him Denny said hi. He might let you buy him a drink. :cussing

Essentially, there is "action" everywhere from soi 1 to the end of Walking Street (and also outside that perimeter, ie Naklua to Jomtien). But if I were pressed I would say there were 3 centers:

- Soi 2 area, including beer bars, soapies, and the Big C for FLers.

- Soi 6, Soi 7, and Soi 8 roughly including the raunchiness of Soi 6.

- Walking Street - higher end go-go and some disco.

There are probably those who will disagree, but that is my view.

Regards

Edited by SoCalGuy

You say this is your first time to Pattaya so i think you would be better staying a little bit away from the action so you have somewhere to chillout because it can be very daunting on your first trip to Pattaya.

You say this is your first time to Pattaya so i think you would be better staying a little bit away from the action so you have somewhere to chillout because it can be very daunting on your first trip to Pattaya.

I live in Vegas, I think I can handle it.

I agree with SoCalGuy .. It is so overwhelming it is impossible for me to describe. I stayed at the Residence Garden and glad I did - it is away from the center action and somewhere I could go to calm down a bit before I caught a baht bus back and find the places I had planned to see. That was 2 weeks ago and I am planning to go back - hopfully in Nov. And I am looking to stay a little closer in - maybe the Dynasty Inn, I think I am better prepared now that I have been there once ... B) :D

wallyc

I like to stay in soi 13 ,

But have stayed at the Sunshine a few times,

Stayed there on my first trip tp Pattaya ,

On that first night , I got back up .

said good bye to the tilac for the night ,

and went back out to soi 8 , for more fun .

Vegas is a fun place but wait untill you see Pattaya .

I am glad I stayed in soi 8 on my first trip ,

and if you dont like the loaction you can move on ,

Its not Vegas ,

Joe

I stay in a hotel called central pattaya hotel in South Pattaya. I like this hotel because it is just far enough away from all the action when u just want to relax and close enough so u can just jump on a baht bus for a 2 minute ride to Soipattayaland or u can even walk to walkingstreet which is about a five minute walk if that.

Great hotel!

www.centralpattaya.com

MAGNUM

Wherever you stay you are in THE ACTION, baht buses are every 5 seconds, in fact you will see thousands of the fucking things. :D

Location wise soi 3 is great.Still a quiet soi to stay but near lots of very good bars in soi 2 & on the second road & the best soapies are also a very short walk away..One mansion or Sunshine vista are not bad places to stay in soi 3..

If you like bland rooms there is always the welkom inn.

In December 2004, I stayed at the Diamond Beach Hotel, right off of walking street for 3 weeks. They have an old and new wing, with the old one being 800 Baut and the new one 1200 Baut (High Season). I stayed in the old wing, which was a little long on the tooth, with the first 5 floors being remodeled, and the carpets a bit old, but fine for me.

I liked it very much with not much noise and a massage parlor right off the lobby and Heaven’s Above Go-Go 5 meters away Very convenient to bring back a joiner.

My only problem with the location is that in 3 weeks I did not work my down to Sol 6 as there are so many joints in between, I totally ran out of time.

My next trip this summer, I plan to stay closer to Sol 6, only because I am almost a virgin there…

Ahhhhhhhhhh Yes!

If I can't be in Thailand, Vegas is the next best thing.

Have fun!

Sorry Rio is the next best thing!

God knows how much a lady costs in Vegas!

Edited by spacebass
I have in meantime stayed almost everywhere in Pattaya from Naklua to locations near Walking Street. Center of actions were in no place away more than a few minutes!

Yup.

Basically anywhere between South Pattaya Road and North Pattaya Road, and either on Beach or Second Road or on the Sois in between is "in the Center of the action" ... ditto for the places just off walking street.

The places just a bit off Second Road are probably fine too, although since one has to walk all the way to Beach Road to get a Southbound baht bus, I wouldn't want to go too far past 2nd.

The places just a bit off Second Road are probably fine too, although since one has to walk all the way to Beach Road to get a Southbound baht bus, I wouldn't want to go too far past 2nd.

Not necessarily true. There are baht busses that run south on Soi Buakaow that when they reach Pattaya Tai will turn toward 2nd Rd and then head north. There are also a few special marked baht busses that run south on 2nd rd north of Pattaya Klang and south of North Pattaya Rd. When theses reach Pattaya Klang they then head over to Beach Rd.

In the "action"? I think one of the biggest mistakes a person can make is to try to find the center of the "action," especially in Pattaya. The action is everywhere. But if you are somehow on a quest for the center of it all, you'll be likely to miss what's going on in front of your face, and before yu know it, your vacation will be over. Just relax and enjoy your stay.

rex

Vegas Guy, you will find action almost everywhere you go. I like being just outside the action and being able to jump into it on a moments notice. I liked the residence garden and am going back for a 2nd trip in 2 weeks, but I haven't stayed at the other hotels that board members here like. No matter what, you will have a great time.

Eric

One thing Pattaya has over Vegas is its not populated by rubes in white polyester leisure suits with white vinyl belts and shoes aka The Full Cleveland, with their fat blue rinse wives in tow. In sleaze terms LV is Grade 3 public school compared to Pty.

YOU are the action so don't get hung up on trying to find it, you know sorta like the forest and the trees....

I have never been to Pattaya.I will be there for 30 days in July. I would like to stay in the center of the ACTION, beer bars & go go bars. I would like to be no more than 15 to 20 minutes, by foot, from the center of the action. I have been looking at staying at the Sunshine on 8 Soi in Central Pattaya and the the Diamond Beach on 499 Beach Rd. in South Pattaya right off the Walking Street. Which Hotel would put me closer to the center of the ACTION? Any comments on either of these Hotels? Suggestions for other Hotels? Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated

I love those nervous newbie,s :D :D

any hotel in between those two locations,you can,t miss.

It,s nothing like vegas,south Pattaya is one great girls- huntingground,girls are just everywhere.

One advise,only book a hotel for the first days,you might like to change to another hotel soon and all hotels in Pattaya have rooms availble in July.