Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

thai airways mileage sale!!!

i dont know if you are all aware! (ive been in thailand for a few weeks and my p.c. was knackered b4 that!) but up until august 15th, thai airways are knocking off 8,000 miles for you to up-grade one way to bangkok and vice versa! i got back last week and using your miles from royal orchid plus its now only 32,000 miles for a one way upgrade london to bangkok and vice versa! soo i took advantage of their offer! as i say its until august 15th and you save 8,000 miles! so well worth taking advantage of im myh opinion! great site by the way only joined recently i apologise if this has been posted b4 but i only just got a new computer yesterday! and im too damn lazy to check! cheers guys! p.s. this offer is for everywhere ! that thai flies to!

im planning on using for my next trip as i have 10k points expiring in december. The normal rules say that you cant upgrade until 3 weeks before travel. does this rule still apply.

im planning on using for my next trip as i have 10k points expiring in december. The normal rules say that you cant upgrade until 3 weeks before travel. does this rule still apply.

floyd,

I also found the time limits on upgrading with Thai prohibitive so elected just to convert my Thai miles to hotel vouchers which were then valid for another year. I used them to stay at the Sheraton on Sukhumvit so that may be a good option particularly with the Sheraton Pattaya opening at the beginning of July.

Tom

well wombat! basically for 32,000 miles you can upgrade one way from aussie to bangkok (or vice versa!) all you have to do is 3 weeks b4 you fly out on thai airways, phone royal orchid plus (or go into their office!) tell them your royal orchid plus membership number, and then you can get a one way upgrade from economy class to business class! its simple really!. but note you cant book your up-grade until a MAXIMUM! of 3 weeks b4 your departure! ie. youre flying out on june 21st, you can book on june 1st hope this explains it a little easier!

Thai are offering a 20 % discount off the normal points ( 45000) from Sydney to Bangkok til August.

36000 points is enough for a seat.

I just booked 2 days ago and they indicated there are plenty of seats. Although I been home only a month from my last trip, the magnetic power of Pattaya is too strong to fight. I'll be back in 10 days. :chogdee2

chico, happy agogo doggy :P 1luv :beer

Edited by chico

Great!

just booked with Thai in Brisbane, 36000 miles required for Brisbane/Bangkok return. Already had 28000 miles, had to buy the balance, only cost me:

$A260 plus $140 taxes.......... wow! 400 dollars return, what a bargain

leave this Friday night 13.5.05 lucky bastard that I am

plenty of seats still available according to the girl at Thai booking office

regards,

Charlie

Just Booked on thai miles........biz class in june around 86000 miles(normaly 105000).....from london......on the 21.30 going out and the 01.10 return.....had to pay taxes of £83...........nice :cry1

• 4 weeks later...

I just collected my tickets with a one way upgrade from akl - bkk. It cost me 28k points. No problems claiming them. 12 sleeps to go.