Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Eva Air- evergreen deluxe class

Has anyone flew the Deluxe class out of SF,Ca.? I found a deal that its 1390.00 round trip and they say its alot better than the chickens and ducks area. The fares have went up so I thought if I'm going 2 pay more maybe this would be the way 2 go in August before the rain hits.(Great time 2 years in a roll now) B)

I can confirm that the free alcohol was served apenty on my flight BKK - SFO 3 weeks ago. The guy next to me got hammered. Must have had 12 cognacs and the better part of a bottle of wine all free. Have to agree about the the interiors of their 747's are showing some age but the A/V system worked great and in 6 trip with them (SFO - BKK) I have never been delayed. I would guess the average fare I have paid is around $1000 but their prices jump considerably in the summer months. I tend to go in November and April. I still believe, for the money, it is the most comfortable flight available from SFO and I have flown UAL, Cathay, SG, JAL and China Air. Cathay and Singapore have the best economy class service but when it comes to leg room the little bit extra paid for EVA's Delux Econ is worth it.

Edited by livermore

Hi hammer do a search for evergreendeluxe but change it from last 30 days plenty of info and reviews.I flew evergreendeluxe last november and imo definatly worth the extra money probably even more so for you as the flight is a lot longer from america good luck :clueless

Edited by bigmofo
I just flew Evergreen Deluxe during March from EWR through Seattle for $1,290 and was not impressed due to age of planes, personal a/v options, no free alcohol, and delays. I was surprised as some here have had great experiences with them. Service was good, but for same money I would go SQ deluxe or for less go CX or other economy.

Hub

I was also not impressed the first and only time i have flown.

Ended up next to a women with a sqawking baby the whole return leg, and what really did it for me was after the meal i was still starving and asked the stewardess for an extra meal, "sorry sir, but the plane is full and we have non extra"

I looked around at the empty seats and then back at her, and asked if she was joking.

She then took the piss and offered me a dry bread roll??

I usually manage to sleep most of the journey from the uk anyway, a few stellas at heathrow and im well away, save the extra money for grumble. :P

My last trip back was not so good service wise.

It started with a fire security alert at LHR just as we were directed to board.

The EVA ground staff seemed to act like headless chickens and we were all directed out from the gate in what seemed the direction of the suspected fire. The passengers were not having any of this, and a lot of arguing seemed to be going on. They didn’t win and in the end let us wait just outside the gate. After about 30 minutes we were told that someone had lit up a cigarette in the toilet back towards the main terminal which set off the fire alarm, and told to go back to the gate and board immediately. Had to wait for a further 30 mins for our loss of slot, (not the airlines fault,) and we took off about an hour late.

Was in deluxe class, but the alcohol wasn’t flowing this time. Was offered a glass of wine with dinner, but when asked for seconds was told the wine was finished. Asked for an after dinner brandy and was told no spirits on the flight.

After dinner the window blinds were pulled down and we were all supposed to sleep for many hours. I think this was more for the cabin crews benefit than ours. Also the in flight entertainment seemed to have very long gaps between films.

The second meal was served without alcohol, and when asked if there was any, was told no, Lol.

The guy sitting next to me would not take no for an answer and walked back to the galley coming back with a beer smiling. Asked the cabin crew if I could have one too, and was told, sorry, no. In all my years of flying, this was my most sober flight, not even drinking in the 3 hours check in time. Glad I had the foresight to bring a bottle of water with me, for during the staff sleeping period.

Other than that, not a bad flight, and we more or less made up the time with a tail wind.

Felt the service had gone down hill since the last couple of times I’ve flown with them, also the most expensive so far.

One good thing though. I was 6 kilos over on my luggage coming back to BKK, and it wasn't even mentioned.

Mike.

Edited by mike100

Would like 2 thank everyone 4 the posts. It seems its a 50-50 on it. I was looking 4 more leg room and since United(whew- junk) is about the only one out of my little area I have been looking around. Just(united are getting 2 be the Pits)take me to the coast and then on to HEAVEN! :cry1

barrington et al

I think it depends on the staff on the flight how the drinks situation goes, some good some not so.

May be first worth asking for purser; then getting out a notebook and ask flight attendant for her name so you can get in touch with Evaair head office :D that may encourage them to get a singha out :chogdee2

I noticed with Eva they only have female F/As, perhaps the pilot comes down if theres any aggro :rolleyes:

Tom or someone else may know the answer to this, if I pay for Evergreen and use my FF miles to upgrade to Business, do I still earn FF miles on the Evergreen fare which I have paid?

Tom or someone else may know the answer to this, if I pay for Evergreen and use my FF miles to upgrade to Business, do I still earn FF miles on the Evergreen fare which I have paid?

Gus,

The short answer is yes - you get the miles for the class booked, not the class that you actually travel in.

FWIW, I would hold onto whatever miles I had in the bank until the new aircraft start on the LHR route (15 Sep or thereabouts I think). I have no idea what the Evergreen Deluxe will be like but the new biz class on the new aircraft (premium laurel) is way better than the product they currently offer on the 747s.

Tom

p.s. When you do upgrade, have a drink for me! :rolleyes:

I spent 10 years crossing the Pacific pond from LAX to Hong Kong to Sydney to Hamburg, traveling in steerage, business and first class. I traveled on most known airlines (and some not so well known as Trans Asia Express from Hong Kong to London).

I never was asked to pay for any drinks. (I only during beer and wine in copious quantities)

One problem is your "deal" sucks.

EVA always has 2 prices available. For west coast to BKK on Delux they are either $1094 or $2113, with absolutely no difference in fare rules. Very bizzare. I suspect the more expensive tickets are sold through the United codings to suckers unwilling to shop. The only variation I have seen in these prices over the last year has been the dollar vs. the wan.

Thus, your $1450 is not very good. Maybe you are on some peek time when all the cheap tickets were gone and a broker was only competing against expensive tickets? Try the web site and play around with dates and see what pops up.

The simple answer to quality is that it is the cheapest fare with extra leg/side room. The services is definetly not SQ or business class, but isn't bad (I have flown it 5 times now). Certainly have never paid for drinks.

Question to you HammerIT, how is SFO to fly out of? I despise LAX with a vengance for international transfers.

SFO is a dream to fly out of and into. I take the Bart in from my town and it drops me off literally 200 yards from the check-in counter but if you transfer in, there is a people mover(tram) that connects the domestic and international terminal. The international terminal is only about 5 years old (rebuilt) and is immaculate. Not much in the way of duty free shopping but a pretty comfortable wait. The EVA flight I take leaves SFO just after midnight so the check-in and security process is not so hectic. If you are running late, bring a snack with you because not much is open around midnight at SFO.

Flying in is also not too much of a hassle. I usually whip through customs though I have had my bags searched a few times. Non US passport holders take a while to get through now but I think this is the same everywhere in the States. But I don't believe I have ever seen another international landing at the same time as the EVA flight so a least you won't be standing behind another 747.

I chose Eva Evergreen Deluxe because of the larger seat width and more leg room. Having read everything I could here and on other forums, I took the advice offered and was very happy I did. For me, the wine or cocktail issue is a non-issue and have no comment either way. I was not happy with the in-flight entertainment, but as I fell asleep it didn't matter anyway. From SFO, I appreciated the arrival time of around 11:30am and arrival back at SFO around 2:30pm just in time for the commute home to Stockton. The BART option is one I am thinking about. I saw the BART train almost in-side the teminal, actually it was inside....

The fare in April was 1150 including all taxes. My next trip next Nov is 1050 with taxes and just checked the new quote and it is 1070 with taxes for the Nov flight..

If you need the extra room, I highly recommend Evergreen Deluxe - can't find a similar service anywhere and the next class up is double the price ...

wallyc

The SFO airport as far as I seen it is good. I've got behind some real Homers, who hold us up alittle at customs but no major problems 2 speak of for sure. The Boarding was always easy and better than going out of other entry ports. Spounds like the Deluxe is what a guy needs before LOS!