Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I'm headed out to Pattaya in a few days, and was just wondering how the noise was on Soi #13. I usually stay at the Dynasty (nice hotel and a free ride from BKK). But since I've been there last, the rates have jumped from 990 to 1200 baht, and I always hear reports on this board of construction noise there. During my stays, there was always construction, but never any serious noise.

So how's it like now?

Zeus

Just got back ,

and was staying in the Dynasty .

some noise,

at around 8 30 am it starts and is gos on and off till about 1600 .

It did not spoll my stay ,

Joe

Where is there not permanent angle grinder, and associated building/refurbishment din inPattaya ?

I would check it when I get here and be prepared to move as things change.

I just returned from LOS a few days ago. One morning, I tried the breakfast buffet at the Lek hotel when (around 8 AM) a pile driver operating behind the hotel started up. I don't know how long the noise lasted during the day, but it made me appreciate my decision to stay at the Residence Garden.

hi I am at the lek at the moment and have been this last month(and next) unless you are very sensitive to noise its ok but if noise is a bother to you then another soi might be adviseable( the noise from the bars on 2nd rd are louder than the building work i'm on the 8th floor at the front)

ps I sleep most days till 2pm

Edited by sinbinjack
I just returned from LOS a few days ago. One morning, I tried the breakfast buffet at the Lek hotel when (around 8 AM) a pile driver operating behind the hotel started up. I don't know how long the noise lasted during the day, but it made me appreciate my decision to stay at the Residence Garden.

trooper;

is that piledriver still the one next to the AA Residence?

Is most of the construction on the Whitehouse" next tot the Dynesty complete or are they still hammering away there also.

what about up by Hanna and the Manntion? all that shit by sandys still going on or has anything gotten done yet.

any report of the big building on Soi 7, fuck seems construction everywhere

Stopped at Lek to have breakfast yesterday morning. Pile driver next door was going and was annoying. There appears to be quite a bit of constuction going on throughout the soi.

I am currently staying at Flipper House on Soi 7 and there are no construction noises here. There is construction across soi from Pig & Whistle on the soi but I have not heard any construction noise while walking by.

Regards,

Bacon

Unless you really want to spend 2 nights at the Dynasty, head directly to your usual stomping grounds, the Welcome Plaza. Whether the Dynasty rate is 990 or 1200 your baht ahead paying for your ride and getting the lower rate for 2 nights without the hassle of moving. Also after having breakfast at the Boat and walking back to your hotel, take the first soi that heads right and walk down this soi for a few hundred meters and check out a new hotel that is scheduled to open in June. I've found that new hotels offer great rates until they become well known and if you like the place you might want to stay there on a future trip.

Enjoy your trip,

Emil

Edited by Emil

just as a note,

you don't have to do 2 nights at the dynesty to ride down in their van which is a quick and efficent ride.

if you don't stay at the dynesty the ride costs 350bt one way.

I did it last time, payed the fare, tipped the drive grabbed by bags and jumped on a bhtbus on second road to my hotel, real slick.

Just returned from Pattaya, stayed from May 5 - 14 and May 25 - 30 in Sandy Spring hotel, deluxe room sea view. Absolutely no problem with noise! Will book again for August!

I'm sitting at the internet cafe cnr soi 13 and 2nd road right now.

There is a lot of work happening between AA Residence and Lek. AA Residence a definite no-no, Lek might be OK if your room near the front. Sandy Springs should be OK.

There is a building going up opposite the Lek as well, but not much noise. Another one opposite the Haven where I am, but I've got a back room so no problem.

The Ma Maison appears to be closed for renovations; I ate there last week, but the bar closed now and I can't see any residents.

There is a building going up opposite the Lek as well, but not much noise. Another one opposite the Haven where I am, but I've got a back room so no problem.

:clueless but isn`t Tim`s opposite the Lek?, and a parade of shops also and alot of bars :unsure: , can`t think where you are refering to :clueless

:clueless but isn`t Tim`s opposite the Lek?, and a parade of shops also and alot of bars :unsure: , can`t think where you are refering to :clueless

Maybe he's talking about the newer wing of the Lek which faces Soi 12?

the swimming pool and car park of the lek are on soi 13,right next to any work

at the aa hotel.you guys never seem to want to hear that soi 13 is half a building site.

sometimes its really noisy.if your room overlooks soi13 at lek/ss/aa/ma maison etc and

there is any work going on you better not be a light sleeper

if you are a light sleeper then dont come to pattaya if you will be staying anywhere near the center of town soi 13 is NOT an isolated location and there is work going on all over pattaya,the sois lucky enough not to have building work have beer bars and IMHO these are louder than any building work and go on all day and into the night well past any so called curfew

I've looked at the web sites of a couple of hotels in the immediate area and neither one offered a in room safe.

Does anyone know of a quality hotel in the Soi 13 area with in room safes?

Lek hotel

Lek hotel

Samaka,

Are the safes at The Lek electronic or key operated? I found a web site were the description of the "safety box" made it sound, to me, like it is key operated. If that is the case, you might as well use the safety deposit box in the lobby.

lek hotel safty boxes are key operated but you have the convenience of the box in your room at the time you want to use it and not at a time when 'manager with keys gone home sir not back till morning'

i am sure the safes in the lek hotel are electronic,at least in the new wing

Yes electronic in the new wing rooms and the old style metal box and key similar to the Haven in the old wing rooms.

I returned from a two week stay at the lek on sunday, my room was on the eighth floor away from the noise so no problem for me, however if i went for a swim the noise was horrendous. some friends of mine where staying on the top floor at the AA so i dont think they will have slept late.A few of them are still in the lek now but i had to return home early because of work commitments.

roland has told you I have told you,and a few others have told you

SOI 13 IS A BUILDING SITE, ITS FUCKING NOISY AND IT WILL STAY NOISY TILL

THEY FINISH BUILDING.GOT IT YOU DEAF C>>>>TS, :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead