Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 247 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

What hotel would you recommend around the Soi 2 Area.....I usually stay around the soi 7&8 areas......But the wife has freinds in that area, and would like to stay there..!!!

please feel free to place any hotel here i will endeavour to look at them all.....a pool is needed....thats the restriction..!!!

Cheers Lads...

You now have two more options that weren't available last month and depending on when your going you might have a third.

First is the Markland on Soi 1, next to it and currently being renovated is the Beach View which I guess should be ready this summer. Along Soi 2 are the Sabai Lodge and Sabai Inn. Between Soi 2 and 3 is the A-1 Cruise along with the just opened BJ Holiday Lodge. On Soi 3 you have the Sunshine Vista and the Welcome Inn. On Soi 4 you have the Bella Villa Prima, Mike's Orchid and Mike's Beach and opposite Soi 4 on 2nd Rd you have the just opened Sabai Resort.

Edited by Emil

Thanks for the link cyber, - was wondering which room type you'd recommend? The studio/executive studios look great! Heading in Oct and am concerned about construction noise during that time, any forecasts? Baht bus access?

Cheers thai

Thanks for the link cyber, - was wondering which room type you'd recommend? The studio/executive studios look great! Heading in Oct and am concerned about construction noise during that time, any forecasts? Baht bus access?

Cheers thai

The studios are just fine IMO - i think the only difference is that the executive studios have additional dining areas with dining table - as for Baht Bus access - it is just about in the middle of the Soi - so either way - up to 2nd road or down to Beach road is just a short walk, no problems to catch a baht bus from there at all times. Well, maybe it is not exactly in the middle but it is in a convinient location IMO. I have no current info on cunstruction noise though, we are going to stay there in early june over a weekend, will post an update then.

we will stay at a one bedroom suite this time becuase of your little daughter, will make some actual pictures and post them. I have seen the one and 2 bedroom suits when we stayed there the first time, just after the opening, i think it was in march or april 2003, they looked just great.

cheers

cyber

Heading in Oct and am concerned about construction noise during that time, any forecasts?

The exterior work on the project next to the Sunshine was nearly complete when I passed by last week. The interior work and landscaping should be finished by Oct. Thats not to say that another new project could begin on the vacant pice of land on the beach side of Sunshine by the time you arrive.

I'm currently staying in a junior suite at the Bella Villa Prima soi 4 for 2000 bht per night. The suites are huge (69 sqm) with plenty of features (2 tvs, in room safe, kitchen, separate aircon in bedroom, 2 balconies and wireless internet in every room for free). However, the room is a bit bleak and the place feels a little run down even though it's only a couple of years of old. This isn't helped by the fact the staff appear to wear their scruffiest clothes! (friendly bunch though). To be fair my room is really a serviced apartment and there are a lot of people living here. The standard rooms at 1050 per night might be a better option but these were fully booked when I checked in.

I've decided to change hotels so I can have a room with a little more character and had a look at the other hotels in the area today.

The Sunshine Vista on soi 3 only has wireless internet on floor 6 but they offered me an executive suite 7 nights for the price of 6 which worked out at just under 2000 per night for my stay (discounted from 2240). The suite looked fantastic if not as big as mine in the Bella Villa (I don't think there are any bigger in the area). The pool was much nicer too. The only construction noise I heard was from the huge North Shore (soi 5?) development but I don't think this would intrude.

I had a look at the new wing of the Sabai Lodge (or Inn, can't remember) soi 2/3. At 1350 baht per night the standard rooms looked good and well appointed, if a little crowded. Other people have commented that the rooms are big, don't flame me on this, there was a big bed and this didn't leave a lot of space. The next room up was much bigger and they offered me a discount on that but I was already thinking the Sunshine Vista looked a better option. Wireless internet in all the rooms here too and the new pool looked great, not that anyone was using it.

Finally I had a look at the newly opened Sabai Resort next to the Sabai Room soapie (now there's a location!) right on second road. First thing I noticed was the swimming pool, best of the bunch by a mile and most of the rooms seemed to open onto it (the room I was shown didn't have a balcony). Cheapest room was 1750 per night (apparently all the rooms are the same but you pay more for location). They offered to discount this to 1550 for 7 days plus. The rooms were like mini suites. You entered through what looked like an office (only had a desk, chair and some storage in it) then there was a very big bedroom and a very well appointed bathroom with a walk in shower. Had just about everything and I would have booked it there and then if they could have confirmed in room wireless internet (they thought there was), I'll be back with my laptop to check it out. If location and swimming pool are you're priorities then I reckon this place is the pick. If I do stay here I'll add some comments/photos when I get home.

There's also the new Mike hotel which will be fully completed soon....

[Lex, does this Sabai Resort have a website address...??????

Cheers]

No, they don't even have a leaflet yet! But I'm going back there tomorrow to check the WIFI, let me know if there's anything you want me to check for you. I'll try and post some photos too

I stayed at Sabai Lodge last month and had no complaints. Stayed at most expensive room which was about 2000 baht. I plan on going back there for my next trip (though I'll try a cheaper rooms - I didn't plan on going twice this year).

Lex,

Pictures and prices please mate.room, pool, outside etc.....also address and email address would be good...

Thanks for your help mate....

MFC

I was in sunshine vista last month, and WIFI was only available in the lobby, as I checked on my floor (2nd) and it was unavailable there. Also the wireless in sunshine is NOT FREE!

Quite expensive at about 200BHT per hour (approx.).

Now in the ideal world - what you need is a room right next to the bella villa - so you can BORROW their free internet.

If you are not bothered about internet - then I still recommend sunshine vista, rooms are great, clean, nice size.

Staff are friendly and it is my regular hotel - pool is also good with a swim up bar - just love that

Dan

MILLWALLFC

Here are some pics of the Sabai Resort:

This'll give you an idea of where it is, Sabai room and Big C in the background, the Sabai Spa is the building on the right with hotel further back.

th_SabaiResort006.jpg

th_SabaiResort001.jpg

th_SabaiResort002.jpg

th_SabaiResort004.jpg

The room is a lot bigger than it appears in the photos as I've not got in the small office/sitting room that you enter through. I'm checking in there tomorrow so will will report on how I find it when I get home. There's not a lot to choose between here and the Sabai Wing. What swung it for me was the better location, pool and the fact I'd probably be the only person staying there! (it only opened last week)

Email is sabaict@loxinfo.co.th

Website is www.sabairesort.in.th but for the time being this is just the same as for the Sabai Lodge

dotcom_OD: Sorry, I didn't see any cottages listed when I was in the Sabai Wing, they had the rooms at 1350 and 1750 plus some suite with 3 bedrooms at 5000+ (way out of my price range)

Lex - any update on how things are at Sabai Resort- is the hotel fully open?

Am thinking of booking for later this month - there is now some info on the website - seem to be quite a few different room types. Any tips?

cheers.

Thanks for the info Lex. It is alright, my question was about Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 not the newly opened Resort, the effort is much appreciated, sorry for any mix-up my friend.

Millwall, looking forward to meeting you there in November. There are quite a number I believe going there about the same time as you and myself. I am actually bringing a newbie friend from my work who is single and older than myself. Gonna be a fun time had by all for sure...:cry1 :beer

Edited by dotcom_OD