Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

ten

How long did it take Areca to reply to your e-mail? I sent a booking enquiry 2 days ago, heard nothing yet, but then again it is Thailand. :chogdee2

In all seriousness how long is the pile driving likely to last?

I don't mind a bit of noise but fucking pile driving :chogdee2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ten

How long did it take Areca to reply to your e-mail? I sent a booking enquiry 2 days ago, heard nothing yet, but then again it is Thailand. :D

In all seriousness how long is the pile driving likely to last?

I don't mind a bit of noise but fucking pile driving 2guns

Last year, I found Areca very efficient, so when I tried to book a couple of weeks ago I was surprised that 4 days had passed without a reply to my Email. Upon sending a reminder, they re-sent an Email which I had not received.

I am very noise-averse so empathise with your concerns about construction noise. I suggest you ask for a room in the new wing, which should be well away from where I understand the building work to be.

:beer sold eyez and I are in 6th til 17th at 1190 for deluxe room cant complain and free breaky in that area well wont get much better

Rhino :D

I walked past the construction site 2 weeks ago & they were dismantling the pile driver , ready to start laying the foundations .

I'm staying at the Areca from Jan 01 through Jan 14. However, I was required to pay in advance and now I"m feeling a bit foolish for doing so. I probably should have booked only a few days (just to make sure I had a place at all) and then seen what the market would charge. Oh, well.. high season at the Areca in a deluxe is B1695 per night X 13 nights = 22,035. I have since been told they are now booked so I guess that is the going rate for high season. Is it worth it? I"ll let you know when I get back :beer

I'm staying at Areca right now. Absolutely no problem with construction noise. The area which was being referred to (across the road from the beer bars) is not being worked on right now. In case that all changes, I'd suggest requesting a room in the new wing which should be well shielded from any potential noise.

As to paying in advance, I was asked to last year, the first time I stayed, but have not been asked to this year. Perhaps I'm a trusted customer now! The standard rooms are excellent and, unless you particularly want a view over a pool, I see no reason to pay the extra for deluxe.

Areca Lodge is excellent. Stayed there from 20 August till 7 September. Can't wait to go back. Had a deluxe room for 1190 Bath with unobstructed view over the back pool. No noises whatsoever, not even the sound of pile driving which was in progress that time.

No problems in bringing guests. Although the room was already occupied with 2 persons I could bring in 2 bg's at the same time without any hassle. The girls have to leave their ID at the reception and you have to sign a paper which, btw, is stamped "free of charge".

Breakfast buffet is included for two and sufficient. The Areca breaths a serene and relaxing atmosphere and is close enough to the action. The deluxe room has an electronic in-room safe, coffee maker and 2 free bottles of water each day. Room is spacious, the bed large and comfortable and the TV set carries 60 channels (albeit 40 in thai or chinese) Even a Dutch channel, much to our surprise...

The pools and in particular the back pool are great and equipped with a jacuzzi section. Service at the pool is swift and affordable.

Highly recommended!

Woody,

I never had an in room safe in 3 visits all to what they term deluxe rooms. That and the very poor sports coverage on TV despite the numerous channels would be my only complaints about Areca. Otherwise it is a very pleasant place to stay. Swimming pool and fitness centres big plus factors.

Ajax not doing so well these days, so maybe you are not interested in football. :nod

Woody,

I never had an in room safe in 3 visits all to what they term deluxe rooms. That and the very poor sports coverage on TV despite the numerous channels would be my only complaints about Areca. Otherwise it is a very pleasant place to stay. Swimming pool and fitness centres big plus factors.

Ajax not doing so well these days, so maybe you are not interested in football. :P

The in-room safe came as a surprise since they advertise the safe only for Superior and Executive rooms. Maybe they were just installed?

Ajax... what can I say. :nod :D I desperately hope that things will change for better.

BTW, boring TV-channels are a great way to restrain from a premature ejaculation. :D

When I began my research for a good place to stay (back in July), I was nearly 40 lbs heavier and well over 150 days away from happiness. Now, only 87 days until ARECA Lodge. :D (in room safe was the only thing I wanted that they "didn't have). To hear that they do now, well....I don't think i could have chosen any better!! :D :P :nod

I'm staying at Areca right now. Absolutely no problem with construction noise. The area which was being referred to (across the road from the beer bars) is not being worked on right now. In case that all changes, I'd suggest requesting a room in the new wing which should be well shielded from any potential noise.

Regret I have to post a correction to this :nod .

I am staying in the new wing and was woken at 7.30 this morning by (I assume) pile driving from the site.

Hoping it was a one-off. If it happens tomorrow, I'm off!