Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

President Solitaire Jerk Job!!

Feature this: I send an email inquiring of availability for dates on my September holiday. I get a response telling me that there are 3 size rooms available which describes the sq. meter of each and the price.

So I email back that I want the room that is 2900 baht, the same size room I had on my last stay in March. Then I get another email telling me that yes, I can have the room but that September is "high season," and now the price will be 32oo baht per night.

Well, I have been to LOS several times in September and this time was never remotely considered high season. This hotel will not be getting my business.

I am just wondering if anyone else got jobbed by this hotel group.

Rgds, Jimmy

I spent 6 months at the President Solitaire soon after they opened and weren't busy at all. Every month they kept trying to raise my rate even though I had a "guaranteed' rate for the 6 month stay.

They finally wore me out with the continual attempts to raise the rates on me. I was planning on staying a year at Solitaire and finally had too move due to this.

The hotel was only about 30% full at the time. Proves Thai thinking.....no business, raise the rates.

Very nice hotel other than the hassles the Grand President group tries to pull :finger

Jimmy,

They have rates based on the TG's you have taken back in the past and that being that you are damm lucky they do not quote you 5000 per night.

S7

Hell I paid 750 per night at the Sawasdee Sea View. Not a glamorous place, by high standards, but it had a big bed, television and a clean bathroom. Suited my needs just fine. The more money I saved on hotel costs, the more I had to spend stupidly elsewhere...

<grin

Krowdon,

Jimmybb has an unlimited budget and stream of funds. I really think the President Solitare IS his way of scaling back a bit. He really out to be going in "Hilly Class" as most men of his ability do. The PS is modest in amenities if you are Jimmybb

Cheers,

Mark

Jimmy:

I am also shopping for hotel accommodation in BKK and I will go in September too.

In the past few years, room rate in BKK seems to go up about 5-10 % every year. Apparently 2004 was a very good year for hotel busines in BKK, and I notice that many of them have raised the price this year by about 10-15 % from a year ago.

In particular, the whole President Group seems to lead the pack in the rate hike. I never stayed in President Solitaire, but I have stayed in Grand President in 2002, paid 1400B at the time, now is about 1900B for the same room.

Knowntender

Jimmy,

They knew you were a high roller when they saw you on your last trip wearing all your bling bling and dressed in your tailor made clothes. You need to go into these places wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals to get the low rates.

I also would not stay at a President property again. Huge rate increases and hidden charges, vote with the feet!

Centre Ponte apartments are very good for stays of 30+ days.