Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

HI folks u probably see me on the forums alot ,, well i do have a question what if i loose my money or i got robed there and loose my passport what should be done???

or say u got in an argumnent with people either while bargaining or tuk tuk ... what should be done.. call the tourist police,, but they also thai,, they will be on their side wouldnt day??/

pLUS what if i wanna engage with a girl without a condom.. and girl say i have a report card should i trust the card she shows me that saying she is clean for std???

:cry1

Matador,

I'm going to assume that you're not putting us on. If so, then you are not using common sense.

1) Just how are you planning on losing your money and passport? Hotels provide safes for your valuables. If it should happen, then you'll need to go to the embassy. I don't know the details, but it should make for a major inconvenience. ATM cards avoid the problem of bringing large amounts of cash. Traveler's Checks also work.

2) Why do you feel that you're going to get into an argument? If you're prone to arguments, don't travel. What do you think the Tourist Police are for? For the tourists. Thailand is safe.

4) So you want to "engage" a girl without a condom. Are you prepared to support the kid that may result? No? Then you're not being very ethical, are you? And if you know about the girls' health cards - and are asking this question - then you should also be able to figure out that the info in the cards can be bought.

Edited by sabaidii2

as i said my friend i do ask so many quesitons and get so many anwers to as much info as i can get,, i am thinking all the possibilites in all sort of situations in any moment of my trip to make a problemless,,trip.Some are stupid some does not make sense ,,you think i dont know that??? of course i do, and there are surely people here that might get what i meant, which u did not get, but its ok..

There are people here that might been in those sort of problems that they had to deal with it maybe u not but maybe they did , we dont know that,, i know maybe im going in so much details in these facts but ,, if i wanna make a trip and if its my first trip i got to ask to get an answer right???? as i say some stupid some make no sense but still im open to all ideas to all experiences,,, but thanks for the reply

:chogdee2 PEACE.. 1luv

Make copies of the face page of your passport and credit cards and store them in your room or email to yourself. Embassy will issue a single use passport with no hassle.

Tourist Police will help you out. They are not miracle workers.

MAN WHO DOESN'T USE CONDOM is stupid man. Where a glove.

All right. You do have a point.

Basically, Thailand is quite safe so far as crime is concerned. Is it possible to be robbed? Absolutely, but you have to do some very unwise things:

1) Hookup with ladyboys (Hey, I make no judgments here)

2) Get stumbling drunk and walk on Beach Road at 2 am (lots of ladyboys)

3) Bring a freelancer back to your room, put all your money on the table, and shower first. Actually, this isn't all that risky as the girls rarely steal, and all you'd be out is your night's money, but I'm trying to think real hard.

4) Walk around with expensive jewelry dangling from your neck.

You can get killed from traffic, but that's a different topic.

You're not going to get into an argument while shopping - at least, I certainly hope you wouldn't.

Here's the nightmare scenario you're thinking of:

In Bangkok, you go to one the upstair bars in Patpong - the ones that have "special" shows. When the bill comes, it's huge. Several large Thai guys are nearby and are menacing. You either pay or you get thumped.

But this scenario isn't going to happen because you're not going into one of those upstairs bars in Patpong. And it isn't going to happen anywhere else. You've been reading the board for a while now. Have you seen any discussion on this subject? No. Because it doesn't happen so long as you aren't totally out of control.

(Definition of "out of control": You become belligerent when drunk)

Not using condoms. Let's see... if a girl is willing to not insist on you using a condom, would she also not insist on other guys using a condom? See? This isn't very hard to figure out. But hey, it's "Up to you".

Edited by sabaidii2
3) Bring a freelancer back to your room, put all your money on the table, and shower first. Actually, this isn't all that risky as the girls rarely steal, and all you'd be out is your night's money, but I'm trying to think real hard.

How many guys know how much money they have in their wallet when they are half drunk and tired? Smart BG only take couple of hundred. Not all of it. Lock your money away. Only leave out what you agreed to pay her.

Matador, I am wondering why not Truck. Anyway, are you short of common sense. You are planning to travel to a country which is not yours. You are preparing yourself to engage in all sort of troubles from argument, fight, police to action without a cap.

My sincere advice to you is "Please don't travel". If you insist then you may observe the following:

1. Keep your eyes and ears open.

2. Use your common sense as much as possible. This should be left behind at any cost.

3. Don't engage in any argument with the local people. It is their country and they are right.

4. pattaya is safe for tourist but police don't have a magic stick.

5. Don't drink too much. I mean you should not loose control.

6. Don't trust BGs. Just take their services and pay them.

7. Don't ever entertain people who are approaching you.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, matador, i don't know if you can be for real! or is this bullshit? ( a matador would know what that smells like)

:eyecrazy i'm afraid that if you get "robed" in thailand, you will have to be a monk for the rest of your life!

:beer 'm not sure what an "argumnent" is, so i would advise that you take a tuk tuk instead. :nod

:eyecrazy as for "loosing" your wallet, i suggest you tighten it up a bit! :eyecrazy

:eyecrazy and lastly, if you want to get engaged to a thai girl, you should give her a ring not a condom! :eyecrazy

hope you find this post useless, i'm going to take my medication now. :D :D

oh, & by the way. the question you asked, was actually three!

Edited by lingo
  • 2 weeks later...

if all bad will happen to you

- all money gone

- passport gone

- clothes gone

- suitcase gone

- hotel gone

:unsure:

so, now you stand naked on the streets (maybe in underwear)

then do the following

shave all your hair from your body

find somewhere orange clothes

start begging early in the morning for food

you will have succes, i know it

and there are lots of them, like you then, walking around

follow them

and all your problems are gone, believe in buddha

<grin

So Matador, are you still out there? Did you ever make it to Pattaya?

Didn't you have a trip planned for the end of June / beg. of July?

You asked a lot of questions in your preparation.

Let's hear about your adventure..

Do not get into an argument.

Smile and walk away.

It doesn't matter if you are right, you can get seriously hurt no matter what size you are.

Use common sense about carrying money around.

No condom? You are a fool if you don't cover up.

:cry1 Hey, Matador USA. Hi, buddy. ch) No problem with all the above. My visit to LOS was just swell :eyecrazy ! Becouse of the fact my Mother took care of all the barginning. I just stood behind her and she told those baht bus drivers a thing or two. And, when we went to the Sabai massage parlor and she picked my date for me. I new, I was in good hands.Thanx mom! :clap1

P.S. Don't worry.Goto go mom saysTV Dinner's are ready and my favorite show "Friends" is about ton start! Tootles!

The Dude. 2guns