Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I found a place where I can get a good english type curry(sure I know its realy indian)just of soi buakow and almost directly opposite soi diana inn its called NeeRoys for obvious reasons(reasons I was at first unable to understand even after the owner introduced himself as Roy)they come from yorkshire and run a very nice restuaraunt and serve realy good curries and also english food and best of all it is open until 4am with I believe a delivery service,but I have not used this service so am not 100% sure.they are a nice couple and will do all they can to make your meal a great one and nee speaks great english so getting your order across is easy as pie.for all those that know crazy daves they are directly opposite him and in my opinion much better

ps they do realy good cumberland sausages as well

nee speaks great english so getting your order across is easy as pie.

I strongly resent this. I'll have you know that I am most particular as to who I will allow to pay bar for me. :o

Cheers for the heads up re the curry house though - they are few and far between in this neck of the woods and I'll give it a whirl sometime.

Cheers

Pie

Cheers for the heads up re the curry house though - they are few and far between in this neck of the woods

Let's see the one just mentioned, the one on Pattaya Klang near Beach Rd, the one along from TQ's on Beach Rd, the one just opened opposite Malibu show, the one opposite Soi Pattayaland plus all the places like Sportsman that have various curries on the menu.

Let's see the one just mentioned, the one on Pattaya Klang near Beach Rd, the one along from TQ's on Beach Rd, the one just opened opposite Malibu show, the one opposite Soi Pattayaland plus all the places like Sportsman that have various curries on the menu.

Dearest Rolls,

It's been a while since you had a go at one of my posts - most refreshing. :o

Although perhaps I should have mentioned a "decent" curry to be fair.

As taking them in turn..........

the one on Pattaya Klang near Beach Rd

AKA - Ali Baba's. Overpriced, over-hyped garbage - wouldn't survive 30 seconds in Cleethorpes. Avoid at all costs.

the one along from TQ's on Beach Rd

AKA - Sher-E-Kebab (with two other Pattaya branches)

Again overpriced for what you get - but still one of the best of a bad bunch.

the one just opened opposite Malibu show

Seen it but not tried it - reviews welcomed.

the one opposite Soi Pattayaland

Not sure which one you are referring to.

The new one next to Bruno's - Indian by Nature (or some other poncey name) - isn't bad either but they charge like a wounded rhino.

The truth is though, in my experience at least, that a good "english" curry is bloody hard to find. I'm back in the UK next week for the first time in ages and the first thing I'll be doing is going for a ruby. What's on offer in Pattaya doesn't come close to just an average curry house in the UK.

Cheers

Pie

If you walk straight across Second Road coming out of Soi Pattayaland you would walk straight into the curry house but not worth the effort as the food in there is shit.

And for once have to agree with you I've never had a decent 'ruby' anywhere in Thailand let alone Pattaya.

And for once have to agree with you I've never had a decent 'ruby' anywhere in Thailand let alone Pattaya.

I did'nt have a decent ruby in India!!

<grin

I did'nt have a decent ruby in India!!

:D

You wouldn't because the best curries are made by Bangladesh and the best curry I ever had was in Bradford and it made me shit my pants for a week <grin

the best curry I ever had was in Bradford and it made me shit my pants for a week :clap1

The sign of good curry a Johnny Cash (ring of fire )

Got a half decent one in Lamai (Samui)

Joe

I found a place where I can get a good english type curry(sure I know its realy indian)just of soi buakow and almost directly opposite soi diana inn its called NeeRoys for obvious reasons(reasons I was at first unable to understand even after the owner introduced himself as Roy)they come from yorkshire and run a very nice restuaraunt and serve realy good curries and also english food and best of all it is open until 4am with I believe a delivery service,but I have not used this service so am not 100% sure.they are a nice couple and will do all they can to make your meal a great one and nee speaks great english so getting your order across is easy as pie.for all those that know crazy daves they are directly opposite him and in my opinion much better

English curry. Cracked me up. You mean what they serve pissed up Brits on a Sat night next door to Kebab house.

Bet you don't see any cats or dogs round there. Because they are in the curry.

English curry. Cracked me up. You mean what they serve pissed up Brits on a Sat night next door to Kebab house.

Bet you don't see any cats or dogs round there. Because they are in the curry.

That was good!

:grin-jump

dear clubman if you want to be a prick then do so, I posted this hopefully as a help to people like myself that enjoy a curry if you dont im sorry but please dont try to spoil it for those of us who do.For all those interested the woman who runs the kitchen is Nee and she learned to cook curry in halifax in a place that won (im told)the best take away curry in yorkshire so she does know her business,and for those who think that you can get a curry just as good as this at other venues then you are correct as nee and roy supply various restuaraunts around pattaya inc pig whistle, tropical berts and a few others i have now forgotten with their curry in plastic bags and she will supply anyone else who wants it as well.The cumberland sausages are made by another yokshireman by the name of Barry(?)who also supplies pies and blackpudding around town and I thought they were great, at least in pattaya

ps as has been said I am a scot but after 36years in the south I am able to make a judgement on (english) curry,and while a thai curry is edible it cant hold a candle to a good vindaloo

pps sorry you didnt have a good curry in india but that is why I headed this post as a good "english"curry so that people didnt think I was going all ethnic but meant the kind of curry we are used too in england,the curry in scotland (glasgow at least)is different.

Edited by sinbinjack

The best curry I had on my last trip in June 2005 was at Little India, located in the shopping arcade opposite Mike shopping mall.

It is at the far end on the right hand side when entering from second road.

Do not be misled by the fact that it is quiet at times, the food was very good, and the owner is a very nice man, from Bangladesh I believe.

I have tried Ali Baba, Sher-e-Punjab and another on main road just before Jomtien beach, all were passable but not exceptional.

NeeRoys is OK, but the curry dishes are all VERY similar in taste, and rather too sweet for my liking.

I love curry's. In Glasgow my favourite curry house is also called Little India in Charing Cross. (No relation to the one in Pattaya.)

sinbinjack, I like spicy food as well. IMHO Pink Kitchen in the Big C's beef curry was a vindaloo beater. Especially if you copy the Thais and mix chillies in with the rice. :D

Cheers :chogdee2

The best curry I had on my last trip in June 2005 was at Little India, located in the shopping arcade opposite Mike shopping mall.

It is at the far end on the right hand side when entering from second road.

Do not be misled by the fact that it is quiet at times, the food was very good, and the owner is a very nice man, from Bangladesh I believe.

I have tried Ali Baba, Sher-e-Punjab and another on main road just before Jomtien beach, all were passable but not exceptional.

NeeRoys is OK, but the curry dishes are all VERY similar in taste, and rather too sweet for my liking.

Jack you sound like you no your stuff

and at least you took the time to bother to tell others where to try a good Indian

I will be over in 2 weeks so I will give neeroys a go

don't think I could handle a vindalo straight away though maybe a madras

see how I go with that

cheers for the info mate

dear clubman if you want to be a prick then do so, I posted this hopefully as a help to people like myself that enjoy a curry if you dont im sorry but please dont try to spoil it for those of us who do.For all those interested the woman who runs the kitchen is Nee and she learned to cook curry in halifax in a place that won (im told)the best take away curry in yorkshire so she does know her business,and for those who think that you can get a curry just as good as this at other venues then you are correct as nee and roy supply various restuaraunts around pattaya inc pig whistle, tropical berts and a few others i have now forgotten with their curry in plastic bags and she will supply anyone else who wants it as well.The cumberland sausages are made by another yokshireman by the name of Barry(?)who also supplies pies and blackpudding around town and I thought they were great, at least in pattaya

ps as has been said I am a scot but after 36years in the south I am able to make a judgement on (english) curry,and while a thai curry is edible it cant hold a candle to a good vindaloo

pps sorry you didnt have a good curry in india but that is why I headed this post as a good "english"curry so that people didnt think I was going all ethnic but meant the kind of curry we are used too in england,the curry in scotland (glasgow at least)is different.

Keep you knickers on Yet mae

Pity the owners are not from Bradford they do a good Ruby there, sometimes find the odd whisker but this is Yorkshires Bombay.

Cheers for the info jack i will try that soon as i'm back.Used to always use ali baba but since they've sacked the manager there a few months ago i've been looking elsewhere as the food has really went downhill.

Does anybody no if they do a good jalfrezi here bombay aloo and peswari naan??????????THERE my favourites

Cheers

RAB

Cheers for the info jack i will try that soon as i'm back.Used to always use ali baba but since they've sacked the manager there a few months ago i've been looking elsewhere as the food has really went downhill.

Does anybody no if they do a good jalfrezi here bombay aloo and peswari naan??????????THERE my favourites

Cheers

RAB

Acha nr jomtien is the best one now. :chogdee2 Jalfrezi is good.

hi all thanks to all those who found my previous posts helpful just a few words more sorry its not your cup of tea fat controler but "I" like the sweetness and that all i can say about that,for all the others that asked about other dishes nee will do almost anything if asked but the menu is limited(the one drawback in my opinion)tho she does exactly what i want and does it exactly as I like it. the nan is freshly made but is only plain or garlic flavoured hi dave I would just finish by saying I dont know exactly where she supplies but I do know she supplies other outlets in the jomtien area,and at the prices nee and roy charge its well worth a try as you may like me find a place that suits you better than you can imagine

sinbinjack

ps I know that you dont do food in your place dave but she does supply packed curries that you can freeze at home well worth considering if you stay full time in pattaya

pps still love your bar but wondered where the keyboard player and his ancient keyboard went

Edited by sinbinjack

Well just had a curry in there last night and got to say it was the best one I have had in Pattaya.

The area is a bit rough, and scruffy I don't usually venture near these Soi's but yes top ruby

Clubmans recomendation better than Egon whatever his name is. Rooney or something.

Thank's for recomendation.

Well just had a curry in there last night and got to say it was the best one I have had in Pattaya.

The area is a bit rough, and scruffy I don't usually venture near these Soi's but yes top ruby

Clubmans recomendation better than Egon whatever his name is. Rooney or something.

Thank's for recomendation.

Clubby I'm shocked you're eating that sort of muck, whats wrong with a decent bit of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pud.

You'll be wearing a turban next :chogdee2

Clubby I'm shocked you're eating that sort of muck, whats wrong with a decent bit of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pud.

You'll be wearing a turban next  :chogdee2

Funny you should say that Roland I only wear the turban while looking for FBI's top ten terrorists in Soi VC /Yensabai.

Got to say for a place like Pattaya it was a good one.

Lot's of rough trade round there, tattooed brits, with skin head haircuts, and poor falangs roaming round. Did not even take the bodyguard his night off.

Never been there before but good to see how the poor live. A brit even tapped me for a sub poor fucker I gave him 10baht for some sappalot

Edited by clubman