Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Went for some French food last week to the restaurant in the French Consulate in Walking Street beyond Tony's. Ordered pate, filet mignon with mustard sauce, chocolate mousse (reported to be 'to die for'). And red wine. The girl took my order watching as I pointed at each item on the french menu page. She delivered Thai pork soup, omelette, fried beef and beans with rice.

Maybe I should have suspected something when the girl had quickly come back to ask if I wanted pork, chicken, or beef. Beef pate? I said to my girlfriend... maybe duck, goose etc. Oh well, TIT, nothing's impossible. Unfortunately I'd promised my girl to be on my best behaviour, I usually get rat-faced on my birthday just like every other day. My system was expecting something at least slightly french so I didn't want to eat thai food, but the red wine was fine and I amiably paid the 750 baht anyway and suggested to the girl that her baby might like the thai food. She smiled. Oddly, my girl got her to bring a menu again and pointed out the problem - I thought why's she doing that, what about 'face', but I guess that messing up the order was less loss of face than if I'd thought the food was no good.

Bon chance, Thailand!

Yep, TiT.

My best was seeing 'river chicken' on a menu in rural Cambodia. I asked what it was, but the waiter and I couldn't understand eachother very well. Fortunately he persisted in enlightening me, by bringing out a very dead water rat from the kitchen. :clap1

I had BBQ pork instead.

L

Yep, TiT.

My best was seeing 'river chicken' on a menu in rural Cambodia. I asked what it was, but the waiter and I couldn't understand eachother very well. Fortunately he persisted in enlightening me, by bringing out a very dead water rat from the kitchen. :D

I had BBQ pork instead.

L

Are you sure it was pork!!!!

Kev,

I reassured myself a bit with the thought that I couldn't think of an alternative disgusting animal that would look or taste anything like actual pork. As I recall, I was starving and had imbibed a fair bit of Anchor beer. And the chick I was with had it too, which for some unknown reason, made it OK.

Argh, the things we do in SE Asia. :D

L

• 14 years later...

Was looking for a topic to post a TIT example and found this 15 year old thread to resurrect with a new post.

Saw this on a bike ride in Bang Lamung yesterday. There's a long stretch of recently completed road and a brand spanking new footpath.
P3060033.jpg

Not a worker in sight, nor any barricades to be seen. Not sure how long it's been since they completed the concrete work, but every one of the drain access shafts on the footpath looked like this.
P3060035.jpg

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Was looking for a topic to post a TIT example and found this 15 year old thread to resurrect with a new post.

Saw this on a bike ride in Bang Lamung yesterday. There's a long stretch of recently completed road and a brand spanking new footpath.
P3060033.jpg

Not a worker in sight, nor any barricades to be seen. Not sure how long it's been since they completed the concrete work, but every one of the drain access shafts on the footpath looked like this.
P3060035.jpg

Maybe it's not a footpath,  certainly there doesnt seem to be anyone walking along it. Maybe it is simply a raised draincover so motorists won't drive over the drains and fall into the open access holes.

• Like 2