Gents,

Sometimes i go straight to Pattaya

Sometimes a front end or back end stay in Bkk

I usually stay at the Amari Blvd or JW Marriott

Both great choices

However, always looking for another GOOD choice

the Majestic Grande looks like a good choice

http://www.majesticgrande.com

* great rates for a delux hotel (2,900 baht and up, check out the website)

* close to NEP, Skytrain, Eden, Gullivers and Beer Garden

I will be checking it out next week

Will follow up with a report at least when i get back

(i may be realll busy in country:)

Guest fee:

(important to us...)

The Managing Director answered my email:

Regarding Guest Policy:- We do not have a policy of charging any extra for overnight guests, however, we do request for, your security, that the ID Card of the overnight (unregistered guest) be left with our security staff.

If there is any other assistance or information required, please do not hesitate to contact me. Look forward to seeing you.

Best Regards,

Aman K.

Managing Director

Majestic Grande Hotel (Living is Grande at Majestic Grande)

12 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Bangkok 10110. Thailand

Tel: 66 (0) 2262 2999, Fax: 66 (0) 2262 2900

Mobile: 66 (0) 1838 1866

Email:- aman@majesticgrande.com

www.majesticgrande.com

As its the same staff the Majestic Hotel ,

its got to be a winner ,

the only thing I missed there was a pool ,

I see the Grande has one ,

Have a good trip

Joe :fight

I stayed there in late-March - an absolute bargain for lording it for a few nights in BKK.

The staff are as good as any 5 Star hotel and being directly opposite Annie's means it is a five minute walk to Nana Plaza.

If you can stretch to the extra 1,000 Baht the Grande Deluxe rooms are well worth the extra. The price works out the same as the JWM on Priceline but there is no comparison between the rooms.

Tom

Im there now.No problem with girls.

Got wifi in my room, 24 hours for 550 baht, 350 for 3 hours and there is another option for 1 hour. Took the 24 hours just for the convenience and anyhow im flying out tomorrow night.

Just booked in myself ...check in 8 July check out 10 July ....non smoking (does that mean cigarettes) king size bed .....2900 THB per night including breakfast .......did it over the phone .......the lady was very good ....no mistakes with the name or English ....checked first with Precison website ....their base rate was cheaper but they do have add ons..........plus I would have had to call them since the booking is for less than seven days away ........the booking is only for two nights and I am on expenses so easier to contact the hotel direct

Edited by som nam na

I've just stayed at Grottino (www.grottino.com) - 1700 nett, clean modern room with DVD player + all UBC channels, 24 hours broadband for 150 baht, no joiner fee, 6pm checkout if you need it. I looked at Majestic grande but having stayed at Grottino before I went with them again and was very impressed. Anywhere but Nana hotel - complete dump imo.

Grottino is off Soi 19 - few minutes walk to Soi Cowboy. Right by Skytrain station - 1 stop to Nana and 3 to Ekamai for Bus to Pattaya.

yup. I have stayed at both.

Majestic Grande is a smaller version of J.W. Marriott, as luxerious, AND room rates starting at 2950 baht rather than 7-8k at the Marriott, but with smaller rooms.

Grottino is a smaller falang owned hotel but is a good price imho. Compare the photos

Edited by Floyd

Floyd:

Thanks for the review and great photos, which really give a sense of the two places.

Hub

Edited by Hub

I suppose it depends if you want a full service hotel with pool etc or not. If you don't then it's probably not worth spending the extra 1100. Another thing about the Grottino is the great food - I had a very pleasant (Swiss) 3 course meal delivered to my room for 200 baht when I arrived. Meant I could hit Soi Cowboy on a full stomach!!

Thanks irmster ...the Grottino is more in my usual price range ....liked the low priced broadband.....from the photos the rooms look good.....I will give it a try next time I am in Bangkok

Yeah I might transfer there today if i can fly out of bkk tomorrow night instead of today. I have a friend arriving from Singapore this afternoon. Now if you guys want a cheap place, not flash but right in Soi Cowboy, go to The PennyBlack. price IK baht per night. no more, no less and entrance is next to Long gun. couldn't get any more convenient than that.

Stayed at the Majestic Grande over the weekend ....no problems and good service, also a good breakfast...nice hotel and a very nice room .....but was the stay at Majestic Grande worth THB 2,900 per night?....yes very good value if you are used to staying at say Landmark.....but for me I can usually get reasonable accomodation for about THB 1,500 a night ........on reflection and this is just my preference I would prefer to have the extra cash to spend.

Edited by som nam na

I have stayed at the majestic grande several times. I bought the prepaid book that allows you to stay for 10 nights for 20,000 baht. The coupons are good until 2007. when you stay using the coupons you don't get the breakfast but the last we went to breakfast and paid and my wife thought the thai food sucked. I found the wireless service to be terrible. on many floors it does not work and it went down completely for about 65 of the 72 hours I was there one trip. The a/c in my room on the first stay failed to work. Assholes would not move us and didn't get it fixed for 2 days.

Complaining to the staff is absolutely useless. They will not fix any problem. On my last trip security stopped my wife. They proceeded to tell us bar girls were not allowed in the hotel. This followed by a 5 minute conversation where I told them we were married and they all but accussed us of lying. Finally they let us get on the elevator. My last 2 times there the place was crawling with arabs. They are complete assholes and hearing them beat their wives, concubines, whatever when you walked down the hall was always a treat.

the place does have good parking and the bell staff was very good.

I know the owners and they are nice guys. I wasn't going to make any posts but after this last stay i didn't want anyone else to have to suffer the crap I went thru.

I intend to talk to them next trip. :rotflmao :banghead

Edited by cowboy

Floyd, yes i agree Penny Black is a good choice for people wanting a budget hotel. Obviously very handy for Cowboy and handy for the BTS and MRT for getting around. Rooms comfortable and quite spacious as well for the price. Just for the record though its next to Rawhide not Long Gun.

Tiss.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone experinced being charged for bring back multiple ladies back to there room in either the Majestic Grande or the Majestic suites??

Regards

Matty

Nana hotel - complete dump imo.

You have your Opinion but I feel that if you do not spend a couple nights in The Nana then you miss out on the real Bangkok.

Has anyone experinced being charged for bring back multiple ladies back to there room in either the Majestic Grande or the Majestic suites??

Regards

Matty

I took 2 girls back to the Grande on my last night and after they spoke to the front desk in Thai there was no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Majestic Grande when they first opened, and although the rooms were very nice, I felt the service and attitude at the Marriot was a lot better. Having said that though, I may still stay at MG because it's about a 1000 baht cheaper.

I also really like the side entrance at the Marriot.

I've stayed at the Majestic Suites many times and Bob the manager was first rate with regards to customer service and his staff was very well trained. I was taken aback when one guy had problems at the new hotel.

Grande looks nice but it's out of my price range.

Grottino, no parking. nana parking always seems to be full but every time I drive and stay at nana they have always found a place for my car. majestic suites no parking. Dynasty bkk no parking dynasty pattaya parking but funky. Majestiuc grande great parking, westin bkk and sheraton bkk have parking sandy sporings patttya has good parking, nana thai mansion has great parking. Residence gradens has parking. Marriot pattaya has parking.

does that cover parking??