Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How far is the place where Bkk Airline lands to Walking St. I will be flying from Phuket Is that the best way to go? Are there cabs for hire at the airport (I read it is small out of the way) any info will help Thank you for all

Ramster

ramster

It's quite a way, I guess a good one hour drive. I have only done the journey Pattaya to the airport, cost between 500-800.

The airport is a military/civil airport with a minimum of facilities.

I think you may struggle to find a good deal for a taxi from U-tapao airport to pattaya, if you can get one for less than 800, take it.

The good news is it is better than going via Bangkok, I think there is just one flight a day from Ko samui which arrives about noon, so I guess you will have to change planes in Samui.

If you do make sure your camera is handy, that airport is awesome.

ramster

It's quite a way, I guess a good one hour drive. I have only done the journey Pattaya to the airport, cost between 500-800.

The airport is a military/civil airport with a minimum of facilities.

I think you may struggle to find a good deal for a taxi from U-tapao airport to pattaya, if you can get one for less than 800, take it.

The good news is it is better than going via Bangkok, I think there is just one flight a day from Ko samui which arrives about noon, so I guess you will have to change planes in Samui.

If you do make sure your camera is handy, that airport is awesome.

If you use Pattaya airport (Utapo) DON'T take pictures. As Gus says, its a MILITARY/civil airport. You don't want to be seen taking photos in a MILITARY airport, they really don't like that. :rotflmao

Hi,

I flew from u-Tapao to Phuket direct three weeks ago. No stop in between.

The flight took nearly two hours as the plane was a propeller type and therefore rather slow. The flight is very scenic and with a good book to read the time passed very quickly.

The cab from Pattaya to the airport cost me about 600 baht but as previous posters have said it is quite remote and if you can get back for less than 800 baht then its a deal. The journey takes about 45 mins.

Much better than going to BKK as there is minimal hassle as it's a very small airport.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

C

Guys thank you so much I think it is a non stop flight from Phuket? Will there be cabs at the airport in Pattaya or should I line one up? Thank you :unsure:

There are cabs at the Utapao airport to bring you back to Pattaya. Just try to negotiate price as this can be varied. Likewise in Phuket you can also arrange a taxi service in any hotel you are staying in. Good luck!

Currently, every other day there is a non-stop flight that takes exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes from Utapao to Phuket.

The planes used are 70-seaters ATR72-500 turbo-props equipped with Pratt and Whitney PW127F engines. Find info here:

http://www.atraircraft.com/atr72500.htm

Since April 2005 the flight Pattaya (Utapao) to Phuket has become a non-stop flight, every other day, where before there was a stop-over in Samui, The new flight-code of the Utapao-Phuket flight is PG272

Currently, until 30 October 2005, Bangkok Airways has a promotion on the Pattaya-Phuket route at 1,750 baht for a One-way ticket that can be booked online with Bangkok Airways at:

http://www.bangkokair.com/en/index.php

Cheers,

Edited by explorer

Not sure if they still run or not but there use to be a mini bus service at Utapao airport

Tickets were for sale in the airport about 300 Baht to Pattaya, I think

Once full the mini bus took you to your hotel

Currently, every other day there is a non-stop flight that takes exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes from Utapao to Phuket.

The planes used are 70-seaters ATR72-500 turbo-props equipped with Pratt and Whitney PW127F engines. Find info here:

http://www.atraircraft.com/atr72500.htm

Since April 2005 the flight Pattaya (Utapao) to Phuket has become a non-stop flight, every other day, where before there was a stop-over in Samui, The new flight-code of the Utapao-Phuket flight is PG272

Currently, until 30 October 2005, Bangkok Airways has a promotion on the Pattaya-Phuket route at 1,750 baht for a One-way ticket that can be booked online with Bangkok Airways at:

http://www.bangkokair.com/en/index.php

Cheers,

Thank you I went to the Bkk air site found the 1700 one way and shall be in Pattaya on the 26th for a few after spending time in Samui and Phuket thank you for all I was wandering about getting from the airport in Pattaya to Walking st. I think you guys have cleared the matter up saying, there will be cabs or a bus. Sound like no problem 45 min. ride 600 - 800 bt. Much netter than going to bkk first from Phuket!!

Ramster