I stayed at AnnaJet on my last trip June/July

The roomas are basic but you pay less

Theyy have alll the usual..

Aircon & Fan

Fridge

Cable TV

Hot/Cold water

Cleaned daily, fresh sheet etc

Peter and Anna looked after me great while I was there and they do have some great lookers in the bar.

I liked it as all I do is sleep etc in the rooom I spend all my time out and about or in the bars. I will be staying there again when I come back in Oct

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you guys,

I still have to buy like a backpack or/and a weekend bag to bring my stuff, I was thinking of a weekend bag to put some clothes etc in and a relatively small backpack/rucksack for things like my camera, toothbrush etc

Could anyone please make a list of things I will def. need to bring, I will be staying in Thailand for 20 days, 10 probably in Pattaya.

Thanks, 108 days to go, then I will be in Thailand <grin

Hey you guys,

I still have to buy like a backpack or/and a weekend bag to bring my stuff, I was thinking of a weekend bag to put some clothes etc in and a relatively small backpack/rucksack for things like my camera, toothbrush etc

Could anyone please make a list of things I will def. need to bring, I will be staying in Thailand for 20 days, 10 probably in Pattaya.

Thanks, 108 days to go, then I will be in Thailand :beer

Pay my airfare and I'll pack it for you.

Even for a long stay you don't need to bring much.

You can buy pretty well anything you need and cheaper than at home.

If you are a really big guy (220lbs+) then you probably should bring shirts and T-shirts as even Thai XXL is not that big.

Hey you guys,

Thanks, 108 days to go, then I will be in Thailand  :D

As Johnny mentioned you can buy anything over here. I would recommend that you bring your own condoms.

Edited by Emil

Hey, thanks everybody for the feedback on Anna Jet. As Tafkamb said, I'll only sleep there, (and maybe entertain a lady or three) and don't see the need to spend a lot of money on "extras".

But.... Davethailand makes a good point.

Does Areca charge for bringing a TG back to your room?

Ok. I'm having a hard time figuring out the relative location and distances of various hotels and such. Just trying to guage how far a walk would be from one place to the next. None of the maps I've looked at have a distance scale.

Does anybody know what is the distance (miles or km) from North Pattaya Rd to Walking St?

Thanks.

Alex, when you are planning to cover the southern part, don't forget to visit Phanga Bay (sorry for misspelling it). It is also known as James Bond island. A place worth visiting.

Ok. I'm having a hard time figuring out the relative location and distances of various hotels and such. Just trying to guage how far a walk would be from one place to the next. None of the maps I've looked at have a distance scale.

Does anybody know what is the distance (miles or km) from North Pattaya Rd to Walking St?

Thanks.

Not really sure?? Maybe 2 miles, 25 min walk

Does Areca charge for bringing a TG back to your room?

No. TG needs her ID card and a photocopy is not accepted. They make out a form which you sign and is it clearly marked free of charge. :beer

thanks fella's!

booked the Areca Lodge for the first five days of my stay, have to pay 3000 TBT in advance, strange thing is, they mailed me a form I have to sign and I should add a photocopy of my creditcard (front and back) and fill in the last three numbers that are on the back (autograph) side and fax it all, is this normal?

98 days to go!

Bye

My Master card was duplicated at Don Muang Airport when I bought 2 tickets to Samui.

Be cautious, I've never booked accomodation in advance and never had a problem and thats usually in Feb or March when Pattaya is busy.

I stayed at Areca on my first trip. Nice hotel, good breakfast buffet. I also used their car service back to BKK. Slightly overpriced but a new car, safe driver and very pleasant Thai music. I think you will be pleased with both the hotel and car.

Thanks

Guido

PS -Don't give them your credit card info. Tell them you will not give the CC info unless they have a secure connection. Most likely they will back off of the demand.

Edited by guido13

just as a word of warning re anna jets a friend of mine stayed there a few months ago an he reckoned it was dirty and he was ill for quite a few days - tho not sure if this had anything to do with the accommodation.

we both went there on the previous visit and it was said that if you booked then yoiu got a free girl- tho not sure if thats a bar fine or what.

have to agree tho annajets do have some top totty

92 days to go!

booked the Areca Lodge Deluxe room for 5 days through atsiam.com, with pickup service, just used creditcard with a secure connection,

Still strange I could not book directly through the Areca Lodge website, they want all my creditcard info and a photocopy of the cards' front and back, NO WAY

hello again, 85 days to go!

question:

how's Pattaya, I mean mosquito's, or dengue mosquito's during the day, do you always have to use stuff like Jaico industrial stuff??? Also, would you advise me taking malaria tablets? How about diahrea, 90% of tourists get it at least for a few days I read.

Edited by Jollyblaze

question:

how's Pattaya, I mean mosquito's, or dengue mosquito's during the day, do you always have to use stuff like Jaico industrial stuff??? Also, would you advise me taking malaria tablets? How about diahrea, 90% of tourists get it at least for a few days I read.

Not sure about malaria, get some jabs to be extra safe if you want.

I have'nt had any jabs or the like for 4 years, bring some imodium and some repellant.

Don't drink the water.

You will have a couple of days with a dodgy gut as most newcomers to pattaya do.

I've always gargled, brush teeth etc with the tap water here but you do get used to it although because of the water shortage our mains water is currently a cloudy greyish colour. :rolleyes:

question:

The advice I've been given in the past is that anti-malaria drugs are not required for Pattaya - though if you're thinking of going into the highlands areas, then I would imagine that they would be needed.

As for diarhea, I have only had a problem once in about 22 weeks in Thailand and that was down to some under cooked chicken a restaurant served me. I spent 2 days in hospital as a result! :chogdee2

Whatever you do, don't drink the tap water and take it easy on the spicy food and you should be fine. However, it won't do any harm to bring some immodium with you. Also ensure that you have good travel insurance cover as the cost of even 1 night in hospital will be more than the cost of insurance.

Alan