Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

67 days to go :D

my female friend in Pattaya, the one I will go and meet there said there are Nike Air Jordan shoes there, also the classics??

If so, where can I purchase them and any idea of the costs?

How long is a walk from the Areca Lodge to Beach Road, just curious, about 10 mins???

Cheers!

Alex

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

67 days to go :D

my female friend in Pattaya, the one I will go and meet there said there are Nike Air Jordan shoes there, also the classics??

If so, where can I purchase them and any idea of the costs?

How long is a walk from the Areca Lodge to Beach Road, just curious, about 10 mins???

Cheers!

Alex

10 minutes is about right if you can make it across Second Road without getting killed.

Be careful and have a good trip.

There are several Nike shops in Pattaya.Royal garden shopping mall,Big c shopping mall,All shops sell original goods.If you're staying at Areca lodge on soi Diana,just take a left when you leave the premises and walk down to 2nd road(2 min walk)take a left at Kiss food and walk towards south Pattaya.On the left almost opposite Royal garden shopping mall is an official Nike store,there's also one down walking street,south Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...
There are several Nike shops in Pattaya.Royal garden shopping mall,Big c shopping mall,All shops sell original goods.If you're staying at Areca lodge on soi Diana,just take a left when you leave the premises and walk down to 2nd road(2 min walk)take a left at Kiss food and walk towards south Pattaya.On the left almost opposite Royal garden shopping mall is an official Nike store,there's also one down walking street,south Pattaya.

55 days to go

thanks for the info, will have a look there

I will be in Thailand for 20/21 days,

will be in Pattaya for at least a week before travelling south to Krabi or to Koh Samui.

I was thinking, 1500 euro should be enough to get by right?

For eating, drinking, sleeping, internal flight to the south, etc.

10 minutes is about right if you can make it across Second Road without getting killed.

Be careful and have a good trip.

It took me about 5 minutes to cross 2nd Road this afternoon so I could pay the rent on my condo :D . Crossing the other way, I got straight across almost immediately.

As always, look in ALL directions when crossing any road in Pattaya, especially 2nd Road :chogdee2

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

42 days to go!!!!!!

I'd like to meet up with some people here!!! If you don't mind hanging with a 29 year old, 3/4 scottish 1/4 dutch, born, raised and educated (not highly, ict, helpdesk employee) Dutch dude :beer

Yeah!!!!! Can't wait, but then again......I will have to :D

IF NOT....THEN just say mi-ow!!! :fingers

hope to see you within a month or two!!

:newbie

42 days to go!!!!!!

I'd like to meet up with some people here!!! If you don't mind hanging with a 29 year old, 3/4 scottish 1/4 dutch, born, raised and educated (not highly, ict, helpdesk employee) Dutch dude :banana

Yeah!!!!! Can't wait, but then again......I will have to :chogdee2

IF NOT....THEN just say mi-ow!!! <grin

hope to see you within a month or two!!

:unsure:

Popular suggestion for newbies (like us) is to meet at Gulliver's in BKK for expat advice and heavy beer drinking. Do a search on the term, or just read! Looking forward to your trip report! Welcome. :bj2

Hello Guys, I am traveling to Pattaya this week end, I have notice all recommended the Areca Lodge. How much they charge for a standard/deluxe room?is it necessary to book in advance or just turn at the counter?

It was my intention to stay at the Sunshine hotel but I may go to Areca Lodge. Any comparison by the guys who might know both places?

Thanks

Hello Guys, I am traveling to Pattaya this week end, I have notice all recommended the Areca Lodge. How much they charge for a standard/deluxe room?is it necessary to book in advance or just turn at the counter?

It was my intention to stay at the Sunshine hotel but I may go to Areca Lodge. Any comparison by the guys who might know both places?

Thanks

check www.arecalodge.com for info on the hotel/rooms etc

I booked through atsiam.com by CC

Areca Lodge have me some hassle by sending me a form in which I had to fill in my CC number and send a copy of the CC itsself, strange

I recommend http://www.atsiam.com/ I booked a deluxe room for the 1st five days.

Standard room is 990 baht, deluxe is 1190, untill the end of Nov then prices go up because of the high season

ps. you can also arrange the Areca Lodge pickup service through them

Edited by Jollyblaze

Thanks a lot guys for your advice. I will be in Pattaya in less than 24 hours. Looks like I will be staying at the Areca lodge. If you have any questions, please post them to this forum and I will reply,being in the middle of the action.

Pattaya! I am COMING :o

Thanks a lot guys for your advice. I will be in Pattaya in less than 24 hours. Looks like I will be staying at the Areca lodge. If you have any questions, please post them to this forum and I will reply,being in the middle of the action.

Pattaya! I am COMING :clap2

coming already, you're not even there yet , LOL

please come back here and comment on your stay, also, the reviews on internet, add yours, since there are not too many, as I have seen

ENJOY!!!

Chock Deeeeeeeeee!!!!

Jolly,

you are arriving in thailand just in time. Come on down to -- I am having a party on november 27th. Buy a round or 2 for the girls and you can be a judge for the dance contest. If you have are ever going to experience an flb party this is the one to come to. It will be wild. I just haven't decided what to have the flb girls wear. It is the blue moon party I am throwing it for a couple of newbies. since this is the public forum I can't go into detail. But be sure to put the party in your plans. you won't want to miss it. :nod :beer

Jolly,

you are arriving in thailand just in time. Come on down to -- I am having a party on november 27th. Buy a round or 2 for the girls and you can be a judge for the dance contest. If you have are ever going to experience an flb party this is the one to come to. It will be wild. I just haven't decided what to have the flb girls wear. It is the blue moon party I am throwing it for a couple of newbies. since this is the public forum I can't go into detail. But be sure to put the party in your plans. you won't want to miss it. 2guns 2guns

sounds great! Do I have to be a judge ? :chogdee2

That will be in the evening I take it?

Sawatdee krahp!

mai chai!

mi-ow!

Hongnam U T Nai? LOL

• 4 weeks later...

After you have broke into one of your notes. :P

Get cash from ATM buy drink get change!!

:lol:

Before booking your hotel you might care to Google for Precision Reservations Thailand. A selection of hotels in the location of choice will be shown. If you book at least 3 days before arrival you will pay about 60% of rack room rate. Walking in off the street will cost you money. Then check the asking price against what the hotel want.

I have lived in Thailand for 5 years and travel around quite a bit. I always use this service and has saved me a bomb. Regular users get bonuses.

When I first arrived at about 7 in the morning I got a "airport mafia" taxi into Krung Thep costing 300 baht. I'm not a skinflint but hate being taken for a ride - if you'll excuse the expression. :-) Now I walk out of the airport to the main road and flag a taxi down. Ensure that the meter works - if not tell the driver to go forth and multiply. Trip to town should be about 70 baht. I always pay twice the meter fare as the authorised fares are far too low.

After 11 hours at the tender mercies of Thai Air, or some other airborne bus company, you'll be shagged out and a night in a Bangkok hotel (pre-booked!) will be welcome. Will give you the chance to shower, kip and have a walk round the fleshpots of Sukhumvit Road. That you are a tourist will be picked up on immediately ( clothes, pasty white skin, bewildered look on face) and you'll be excessively charged for everything. In the morning catch the Skytrain to Ekamai bus station for a bus toPattaya. Fare now 105 baht I think, versus 1500 baht by taxi. You may strike lucky and meet a returning TBG on the bus. At Pattaya bus station on Pattaya Nua you will be confronted with the notorious baht bus mafia. These hoods seem to have the Mayor and police in their pockets. DO NOT MESS WITH THEM. If you have light luggage i.e. you have followed advice and taken the minimum of everything, a taxi motor bike will take you to where you want to go and 70 baht should get you anywhere in town. You may find yourself offering Hail Marys in an upward direction until you get used to the kamikaze riders.

No No's to first time visitors. Do not get into heated arguments with Thais. NEVER hit a Thai unless you want a severe beating from a mob. Thais stick together, and for many, behind the ingratiating smiles is a deep contempt for Farangs. Avoid all contact with the police - even the Thais hate them. It is reckoned that half the crime in Thailand is carried out by them. Never carry around more money than you can afford to lose. If a gorgeous young thing comes up to you and throws her arms around you, hang on to your wallet, gold chain, watch etc. You're being frisked and dipped by a fella (of sorts) and they are experts. If you want something done,get a woman to do it for you; most Thai men that you will come into contact with are totally moronic.

I am not the oracle but that is my take on things - for what it is worth. Have fun - but be careful.

P.S. The FLB bar on Walking Street is OK. Their parties are wild. IMHO the best ST bar in town is TJ's (Terry's) on Soi 6, the best English pub and restaurant is The Pig and Whistle, on Soi 7.