Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys. We're going for the 1st time in late October & could only get seven days due to work. Do you think it's worth staying in Bangkok for say 2 nights first then make our way down? I haven't booked our hotel yet.

Cheers

Depends on what your coming to Thailand for. If you want to see palaces, historical sites then stay in BKK and you will have a good time. On the other hand if you want fun in the sun. Beat it on down to Pattaya from the airport. Pre book your hotel and enjoy. Do one or the other as the travel time will eat you up.

It really depends upon whether you have been to Thailand before and why you are coming. If you've never seen Bangkok then stay there a couple of days and do some touristy things. If you know your way around Bangkok then stay there a couple of days. If you have been before but just want to party then come on down to Pattaya when you land.

Bangkok is worth seeing but unless you know your way around you may waste several days.

In Bangkok for a first trip all you need to know is Nana Hotel. From there just tell the taxi PATPONG Suriwong!

Patpong/Nana, Patpong/Nana, Patpong/Nana, Patpong/Nana, Nana-airport. Trip completed.

Duck, here come the Patpong haters :bs :P

You can't go to Thailand for your first trip without taking in bangers IMHO! why not stay there for the first night and then head down to pattaya and if you were impressed with your first night in bangers, stay there for your last night too! but if not, stay your last night in Pattaya, simple!

Have a good one!

Jai yen yen!

Stiffler.

I would head straight to Pattaya. Stay a couple of days in BKK at the end of your trip.

I started out in BKK first on my first trip. I had a great time, but, Pattaya is more "user friendly" than BKK. Hindsight is 20/20.

BKK is very safe but it takes a couple of days to convince yourself. Street-smarts will kick in and you may find yourself a bit intimidated by the city. We spent a whole day trying to figure out where to go, what to do, etc.

A few days in Pattaya will allow yourself to be eased into the culture. It will also through you head first into the party. Stay at the Residence Garden and ask the security gaurd how to get to Walking Street. It's all down hill from there.

Remember to go with the flow and smile.

Sailfast

We're going for the 1st time in late October & could only get seven days due to work. Do you think it's worth staying in Bangkok for say 2 nights first then make our way down? I haven't booked our hotel yet.

What Sailfast said.

Bangkok is great and you would be doing yourself a disservice to miss it on your first trip to LOS. But Pattaya is a MUCH easier and relaxing place to stay, get accustomed to being in LOS, and yes, much easier (and cheaper) to get used to the P4P scene.

5 and 2 sounds about right... hopefully you don't get jetlagged as badly as I do, but if you do remember that your first day will probably take it very easy. Pattaya is much better for that... lounge at the pool or go down to the beach at Jomtien.

i did my 1st triip straigtht to pattaya and no bangers , he doesnt have much time , i think its best head straight to pattaya, save bkk for a future trip when you have more time

Hi,

Bangkok is well worth a couple of days but save that for a future trip when you have some more time.

Come straight down to Pattaya and have the week of your life :banghead

We arrive on the 26th October for more of the good life, staying again at the Residence Gardens. If you want a beer or 6 with Sweatie and I and a night out on the Town, use the PM to let me know.

Jambo

ps How did you ever pick "Agent Orange"?

Bloody typical you're arriving when we're coming home, we go out on the 20th & home on the 27th. It's a shame it would have been great to meet up with someone who knows the ropes.

As for the Agent Orange thing its nothing really I've used it for years on different sites. It was a chemical used for defoliating the trees in the Vietnam war & thats about it. :banghead

First time. Only 7-days. No question about it. Straight to Pattaya as you don't really have time to take in the BKK sites and to split your trip.

In my opinion, if you split trip you will be doing yourself a big disservice. Wait until you have more time to go and then do the BKK thing.

Rockin' Jerry