Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

We will be in Pattaya in august and have been told to stay in the Diamond Beach Hotel.

Has anybody stayed there recently. Please let me know what it was like and if there is another hotel you can give advise of a good standard near the beach.

Thanks.

I wouldn't bother staying here if I were you. The location is great - right on Soi Diamond and Walking Street but there are plenty of others with good locations near the beach.

I stayed here on one trip before doing the research and was dissapointed with the room. The room had an old musty smell due to the state of the carpet. No balcony.

Unless they have renovated the place recently, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Check out the hotel reviews on this site - the ones with lots of reviews and scoring highly would be better.

I have been there too and I agree with Rawlins. Flipper lodge at soi 8 is better choice for example. About same price but much better in any level. Remember to take room from the new wing if you go there.

Gona

Not very advisable to stay there, it's in the middle of the nightlife streets (Soi Diamond, Walking Street), meaning continuously lots of noise.

As walking street is closed for all traffic from 7PM to 3AM this also means the hotel is unreachable by car or taxi during this period.

The hotel caters mainly to Middle-Eastern visitors who make a lot of noise in their rooms until very early in the morning.

No swimming pool (yes, only a bath-tub size little pool on the roof).

There are much better solutions 5 to 10 minutes walk from Soi Diamond and hundreds of better solutions 5 a 10 minutes by taxi (Baht Bus) from Soi Diamond.

Cheers,

Wouldn't recommend the hotel but i normally make at least 1 visit per trip to the adjacent massage parlour of the same name. Nothing special but no better or worse than sabailand and all the others.

Neil

I do not agree with Explorer -

When I stayed there, I had a room on hte upper floors, and did not hear any road noise, nor any other noise from other guests. As for Walking street, you can access it from Second road, so taxi's are not a problem.

The rooms are a little long on the tooth, but I found them fine for the price. I might stay there again if I can get the right price....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have stayed there 3 times, but not in over a year. i always asked to look at the room first. Some were OK - not great, but certainly acceptable for the price in that location. Others were not, and a bad smell was frequently the reason. Don't remember any noise problems.