Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fanasty Football Leagues

Normally, I would post this on the "members" board but I am getting tired of having my knuckles slapped "for posting in the wrong section". Christ, you would think that after 3 years and over 700 posts (real ones mind you, not those one-liners some seem to like to inflate their posting rank....smile) that I would have earned the right to post what I like where I like.

Oh well, it just means that I post on other boards more often :D

For those who are interested, the Premierleague.com site is starting to set up leagues for the new season. I've picked my starting lineup and have entered the Ajarn.com league and will be trying my hand with the Nana board guys this time around.

http://ajarnforum.net/phpbb/index.php

The Code to join the Ajarn Forum league is 19226-4126

and

http://board.nanaplaza.com/info/index.php

NPF League 61916-12192

Gilly if your out there is cyber land and see this you might want to start another FLB league or some of you guys can always check in with the other boards.

Hopefully, GregB will start another NFL league for those of us who are interested.

Shilo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winston_Churchill

Ed i will have a go in the English one againif i can find it i will look at work on monday,better to do whilst getting paid,nice to meet you for a fleeting minute in july :D so much to do and so little time lol,take care mate..

Chris

OK guys - I'm in. This could be fun - although expensive as a Weekly Telegraph will now be required reading to keep up with team news.  :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pie

That makes 5 teams so far...

Pieman, take a look at this link:

http://www.thepaperboy.com.au/uk/

You can get most of the online newspapers to follow the teams for free.

And if you guys like more active boards where there is more banter going on between the league managers you might want to look at the leagues on the other boards: Nanaplaza, Ajarn and OFB. Those guys seem to get into it more then here on the FLB. To join the other leagues just look for a link "manage leagues" on your team page and type in the code for the other leagues that I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Shilo

Ed,

Count me in for the ESPN NFL if it goes again. I always do well in it till my November trip to PTY when I somehow forget about my team. I can't imagine what distracts me?

Cheers :beer :beer :beer ,

BigKev

p.s.

Great meeting you this last trip and let's do another boat trip!!!!!!

I'm in again and ready to kick your ass again Shilo  :D  :lol:  :lol:

You must be talking about the NFL league we had last year... yep, after leading the pack for most of the regular season, I got my hat handed to me in the playoffs.

But in the EPL I came in third behind Gilly and Belem. This year in the EPL league I don't plan to be seeing anyones rear side :D :D

We'll see what interest there is for an NFL league later this month. Anyone interested in the EPL had better sign up soon.... only 12 more days till kickoff

I'm also interested in the NFL league. I'll keep my eye on this page. Last year was a disaster.

That makes 5 teams so far...

Pieman, take a look at this link:

http://www.thepaperboy.com.au/uk/

You can get most of the online newspapers to follow the teams for free.

And if you guys like more active boards where there is more banter going on between the league managers you might want to look at the leagues on the other boards: Nanaplaza, Ajarn and OFB. Those guys seem to get into it more then here on the FLB. To join the other leagues just look for a link "manage leagues" on your team page and type in the code for the other leagues that I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Shilo

Thanks for that - will do. Hopefully we'll get a few more guys from here participating (where art thou Ben ?) and once the first week has passed and we can see each other's teams, let the pisstaking begin............

Cheers

Pie

Edited by Pieman

The NFL will always be my first love.... but English Football is moving into a close second

Why they call it "The Beautiful Game"

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.as...o=Soccer-Skillz

http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.as...Soccer-Skills-2

(Hint: right click on the video and choose full screen for the best picture")

10 more days till kick off :chogdee2

There is one week to go, and we need more entries.

So far we have only 7 teams entered, remember it's FREE !  :ang2

Actually, I wouldn't mind going into the season with just the 7 managers who have signed up so far. I know most of these guys and know that they take the league seriously and can pick great teams.

This year's FLB league is going to be very competitive :bj2

If anyone else wants to join, that's great. And if your either new or an old hand with the EPL, I think it'll be fun. But after looking over the "short" list of guys who make up the orginal 7, I'd say that anyone else who wants to join had better bring their best game or expect to be toast by Christmas...

Note: last year there were about 260,000 player on the EPL site (about the same this year) and the guys who were at the head of the FLB league beat about 95% of them B)

Shilo

I have set the league up.

Click on the following link.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Register your team, then choose "join a league".

Code to join the FLB league : 174311-32048

Then all you have to do is KICK Shilo's Butt every week,  EASY !  :D

Come on guys only 5 days left get on board <laugh

More of you join less chance of me finishing bottom 2guns

Tony :rolleyes:

How about a wager, say 1000bht a head, make it interesting?

I'm game for that and 1000 sounds about right. If there is more interest then we can keep it amongst those who want to add a bit of spice and the highest placed amongst the "punters" (even if not the eventual winner) grabs the loot.

Anyone else interested ?

Cheers

Pie

Well, with just 3 1/2 days (actually 86 hours as of this post) before the kick off of the first game.... can you tell I'm ready for some damn football :rolleyes: ...

We now have an even "dirty" dozen signed up in the league.

A 1000 baht bet? Sure, I'm game. I suggest that we ask Hammer if he is willing to hold the bets for us and we can each give him our share on our next visit.

If I'm reading the thread right, I think Barrington, Pieman, W. Churchboy, and me are looking to start the pool. Let's see if anyone else has a little faith in their teams :lol:

Shilo

Guest Winston_Churchill
Whos this Bert cunt winnie???????????

Ill kick yer arse at this, 1000 side bet as well???? B)

k bert your on!

(postlewait) by the way glad you understood it was uuuuu