Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 250 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Just showed up in Pattaya Sunday stopped into Eastiny Place on soi 8, have been there before so thought it would be straight froward and simpe. I negotiate what I think is a decent rate (750 cash/night for 4 nights) but then they want another 600 baht for a mini bar deposit, I say what the??? why??? They told me many customer take from mini bar and not pay. I told them that was not the problem and I refuded to pay a 600 baht mini bar deposit. I walked out and headed over to Flipper House and they also have a 500 baht mini bar deposit. I did stay at Flipper house, nice place, got a king bed so am happy about that but not happy about a mini bar deposit.

When did these people start the Mini Bar deposit crap???

They say the customer is the problem for taking items then not paying. I don't believe that for second. I am sure the problem is their own and is internal due to lack of proper paperwork and book keeping.

Of course as I check into my room the mini bar is not complete so I have to refuse the room until the housekeeping person resets the mini bar. What a pain in the rear, took me an hour to finally get into my room. Really leaves a bad taste for me. I feel like I am being hustlled and have only been in town for few minutes. I know it is the hotel staff people who can't keep their stuff straight. :clueless Terrible they think we farangs, their customers, are a bunch of theives and steel from them.

I am very insulted and disappointed by this extortion of the tourists. 2guns

Edited by JoeDick

Whenever I check in to a hotel with a loaded mini-bar - I call housekeeping and tell them to empty it. I then have room to put my own stuff and dont have to worry about any charges.

This must be something new as I've stayed at both places in the past and was never asked for a deposit for mini bar. The best mini bar policy by a hotel that I've stayed in Pattaya was Mike's Beach. If anything was used from the mini bar they would have you sign a bill for the item the next time you stopped by the front desk for your key, that way no surprises at the end of your stay.

I am very insulted and disappointed by this extortion of the tourists.

Give me a break So you check in look at your Minibar if it has in it what they say it does then what is the big deal leave a deposit and get it back upon check out 600 Baht ? while on holiday I would wipe my ass with 600 Baht well Emil and yes. my NY Yankee hat :clueless And you stated you were not about to pay a minibar deposit well you go across the street and what happens ? You pay a minibar deposit so what happened to I am not about to pay a mini bar deposit ?

Whenever I check in to a hotel with a loaded mini-bar - I call housekeeping and tell them to empty it. I then have room to put my own stuff and dont have to worry about any charges

Upena,

I agree this is the real answer but you try that shit in the Penthouse and they need a Baht Bus to take all the shit out !!

Another thought here I do not know about where your from but when I stayed in a Hotel in the US they wanted a CC Imprint to hold for any other charges incured Phone, Mini Bar Ect Ect so no different that a Deposit here in LOS

I am used to a deposit for the key to the safe behind the counter. but refuse the mini-bar hassles. I just got back aobut 2 weeks ago from here

http://www.shangri-la.com/taipei/fareaster...a/en/index.aspx

in Taipei, Taiwan...and had them unload the fridge...went to the market next door and got my own beer.

Soi 7...US Hawaii

Another thought here I do not know about where your from but when I stayed in a Hotel in the US they wanted a CC Imprint to hold for any other charges incured Phone, Mini Bar Ect Ect so no different that a Deposit here in LOS

We all know that its really for pay for view adult movies that your watching. :clueless

I also don't see a problem leaving a deposit for the mini bar. My first trip to Pattaya I sayed at the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. When I checked in they ask how I would be paying for the room. I said I would pay with cash when I checked out. I was then asked for 500 baht for a deposit on the mini bar. When I checked out I paid for the few items I used and then I got my 500 baht deposit back. I have also stayed many times at the Eastiny and without letting them run your credit card when checking in they will ask for a deposit on the mini bar.

JoeDick, I don't see where you get extrotion out of the mini bar deposit since you get it back when checking out. My holidays in the LOS are way to short to get worked up over nothing.

LeoTex

On my "free days" I usually stay at either a Flipper or Eastiny hotel and am quite used to being asked for a deposit since I pay by cash. Since I tend to usually stay at the Flipper Lodge, they know me by now and only make me 300 baht deposit. This caused a problem once because they tried to give me back 500 baht instead of 300 baht. At first the cashier was a bit irate as she thought I was trying to get more but when she realized I was trying to give her back 200 baht, she turned very friendly and now if the head cashier is around when I check in, she usually sends me a complimentary plate of fruit.

Cheers

Paying a deposit is extortion. Shows a lack of respect for their customers.

So you go across the street and let them do it to you anyway ?

You could not have cared too much as the flipper then extorted 500 baht from you and showed you no respect. But that was OK you need to make up your mind Pumpkin either you pay or you don't.

As for kissing your ass Ok by me but we would have to do it together 3 of us in the room as you seem like a angry guy and I don't want to be there alone with you

:D

When you pay cash they ask for a deposit even in the USA. I have stayed at Easiny, Flipper and Residence Garden during the past year and all asked for a deposit.

I check-in, tell them I will be paying cash and staying 6 nights. I then pay the first night in advance and whatever deposit they ask for. Same thing in the US and it is often a $100 deposit.

Anybody that wants to get pissy over a $10-20 deposit is getting pissy at their own expense. If you want to go around pissy during your vacation, "up to you". Oh and think of what the staff thinks about you now, are they likely to greet you enthusistically and look for an opportunity to help you or are they going to "be busy" when ever you show up?