Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 255 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

English,

Although you seem a little hasty at "trigger pulling" (and, as Dungheap pointed out, Steve and Dodgie are old friends) you are new to the board and probably aren't aware of the characters hereabouts and a golfer in need and all that. :D

I know of a couple of American friends of mine that sound right up your street mate and failing that I'm always up for a game. Send me a PM with your exact dates and I'll see what I can do.

Is $100 skins OK for you ? BTW, I play in a skirt off 36. :D

Cheers

Pie

P.S. If nothing else we can organise a drink or twelve.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some golf holes where I lose count of the number of strokes

This seems to be a common trait for many of the European players in the RC. :finger :moon :clap2

Strangley, it always seems they make the mistake towards the lower end. :P

Hub

Pie, please tell me you are NOT sticking to a 36 HC. This from the guy that pars the 425 yd uphill par 4 18th last year to push the RC. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hub

English Patient,

Play golf with you every day - you must be kidding - we Aussies still have some self esteem. :finger

You are a newbie to this Board and in only your second post choose to insult our revered organiser Doggie.

Maybe I am being a little bit hasty here - tell you what, I will give you a chance to redeem yourself. As a self-proclaimed English gentleman who tends to cheat a little you will be aware that the Melbourne Cup horse race is to be run on 1st November this year. You would not be aware that my finances are a little tight at the moment and need a supplement for my November trip to LOS - a problem I have heard you do not have if you can afford to buy 19,000 baht mobile phones for bargirls

Now the deal - if you are able to provide some good inside information on the European entries in the Cup and subsequently this information leads to some financial gain for myself - well I will be eternally grateful and play a round or two with you in November.

However, I am sure there will be many others who read this Board willing to accompany you for a round if you fail in the aforementioned task.

Steveo

Pie, please tell me you are NOT sticking to a 36 HC.  This from the guy that pars the 425 yd uphill par 4 18th last year to push the RC.

Nah - it was 28 last year and although my golf continues to deteriorate the more I play, I think I'll stick to that mark - I don't want any of those funny "septics" lifting my skirt.

Cheers

Pie

Steve O

Don't worry too much if you can't play golf every day. Thumper and Softrabbit are already up for a game so I will just let you know what days we are playing and then we can arrange to meet if you want to play.

I am still upset about that doghaus calling me a short fat bloke and I am waiting for an apology. There's no need for that. I like a bit of horse racing I do so I'll have a look at the entries. I didn't know you had horse racing in Australia....I thought you had your hands full learning about rugby and cricket. :D If we do get a winner in this cup thngy, why would you want to spend it on a cellphone?

Pieman - I'll be in Pattaya from 31st October to 15th November. You can join me, Softrabbit and Thumper for golf if you like. Maybe you can come on the days when Steve O isn't playing? How does the skins game work and do we all have to wear dresses? Is $100 really 100 baht? Looking at your flag I see you are a Thai national so I think you mean 100 baht. Why are you called Pieman? I have never seen a Thai person eating a pie. Can you get pork pies in Thailand because I like them? I am up for a drink with you - I have a bit of a reputation for being able to drink most people under the table! :P :D :D :gulp :gulp :gulp :gulp . What do you normally drink in Pattaya? Last man standing pays the bill...OK?

I can't wait to meet you all!

Edited by The English Patient

Patient,

Be patient, I happen to know doghaus. He is one of the nicest man I`ve met.

I am sure it was just humour. At least it was my interpretation of it. Read other posts he has written and I am sure you come to same conclusion.

Patient,

Having never met you before I have to say bravo. I can feel the comradery developing by the minute on the vaunted Euro squad. In the interests of fairness and just trying to help out I suggest a 3 way drink off between yourself, Pieman and Doggie if he won’t apologize to that incredibly insensitive remark about you being “short and fatâ€.

Clearly to me, and surely all of us genteel men of leisure who plan to take part in the RideHer Cup, he should have used your own language and described you as a†not very tall but with a big fat gut person / bloke / guy / whatever generic male descriptive you would like placed thereâ€. That would have been far more appropriate.

Now back to my proposed solution, because you know I like to feel I am a uniter not a divider. If fully acceptable apologies do not come, then the 3 way drink off should occur probably the night before the RideHer Cup event. Now SteveO before you even say anything I want you to know I am offended that you are thinking this is some type of underhanded trickery on my part. I think the facts of the situation speak for themselves. This dispute has occurred in front of all of us who plan to take part in the RideHer Cup. The 1st night we will likely all be together is the night before the event. The Ride Her Cup participants would like to see this being worked out. This should be resolved prior to the event to maintain harmony for the Euro team. You see SteveO no underhandedness, just pure warped logic.

What do you say guys.

Gren

Grendel,

Actually I do like the idea of the 3 way challenge between English Patient, Pieman and Doghaus :nod :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer and far be it from me to even think that that there may be some trickery involved on your part and/or Team USA.

However, there is a major problem with the timing. I am sure that you would want to be present at this momentus occasion but unfortunately if held on the eve of the Rideher Cup you could not attend as arrangements are in place for you to be otherwise engaged that evening. :bj1

Next idea. :cry2

:cry2

Steveo

English

It is a pity you have been offended by my innocent remark. If you are going to participate on this forum and, more importantly, if you are going to play golf with many of the board members, you need to get used to the friendly banter that will be thrown around. In your post, you described yourself as " I am not very tall but I have a big fat gut ". That, my friend, makes you a short fat bloke. Your definition - not mine. My suggestion to you is to lighten up and get off your high horse. There is no apology necessary from me.

If and when you play golf with the guys, there will be insults aplenty flying around. They are all in good fun and "short fat bloke" is about the tamest insult you are likely to suffer. Golf with the guys on this board is great fun but you need to play by the rules. For example, if you don't make it past the ladies tee, you will be required to play the next shot with your trousers round your ankles. If you refuse, then the fine is a bottle of whisky on the table in the clubhouse on your checkbin.

I suggest you think hard about whether you want to play golf with the guys here. If you are of a sensitive nature, then don't bother. Go and play on your own and then you will never be offended. However, if you want to have fun, be prepared to both receive and dish out the banter. Fortunately, you are from England so you know all about taking the piss.

There are guys playing golf with you who have, and will continue to have, the piss ripped out of them on the golf course. That includes me. There are also some, who will remain nameless, that have had extremely embarrassing experiences in the Bang Chang bars and have been man enough to admit it and, with great reverence, have even posted here about their experience. He knows who he is and has my great respect.

If you are still feeling insulted, then post a photo of yourself on this board and we will all have a vote to decide whether you are a short fat bloke or not. Alternatively, wait till we meet on the RideHer Cup registration night and you can stand up on the stage and we'll have a vote there and then. If the majority decide that you are neither short nor fat, then I will happily buy you a bottle of whisky there and then. If not, it's a bell ring from you and mines a b52 thanks.

As to the idea of a drink-off involving the Pieman, no effing way. I have a lot of golf to organise for you guys and this cannot be done from a bed in the Pattaya International Hospital.

My advice to you English is to drop this argument right now before you make a pratt of yourself.

Doggie

If the majority decide that you are neither short nor fat, then I will happily buy you a bottle of whisky there and then. If not, it's a bell ring from you and mines a b52 thanks.

Dear Patience, please note Dodgie said "A" B-52, he doesn't do to well after about the second one...

:clueless :chogdee2

Edited by Dungheap

Spot on doggie, english patient will have to lighten up a bit. Many of the caddies know me at phoenix and they take the piss out of me more than my golfing partners. Anyway on another note me and foursome frank have been putting in hours of practice, not something i normally do, but with the rideher cup fast approaching. it has to be done, and the same go's for all of the euro team.

One last thing, i hope pieman can make our sexy caddies party, after speaking with a few board members, mirkwood and co at the thai festival in godalming, they said this man can really drink and thats what we like to hear :D

Just a handful of piss taking caddies

meandpen092.jpg

Well nothing back from Patient yet but I wanted to reply to SteveO, Doggie and Bertie.

SteveO, clearly I have been away too long and you have way overestimated my abilities. Using a complex mathematical formula and some knowledge of Pattaya and the possible“lady†in question I have placed the over-under line at 15 minutes. My only big assumption is if there is a short time room over the bar still. If so I calculate 1 minute up to the room, 5 minutes take off clothes and shower, 3 minutes of incredible action, 5 minutes shower and put on clothes, 1 minute back down to bar. Ok sure in the 15 minutes Doggie will already be on the floor, but I will be there to see who takes hold the gold.

Doggie, if you do come in third and need some assistance I am sure there are plenty of young ladies who would be willing the “whip†you into shape for the following days event.

Bertie, are you really actually playing golf?, and what is this about the secret Team Euro training? If so I will have to protest and ask for some special dispensation for Team USA, well at least for me anyway. My training thus far has consisted of locating my dust covered clubs in the corner of a friends garage and getting in 14 non scored holes before the lightning started (I didn’t take that as a good sign the God was pleased with how I was doing). I am supposed to play a round this Wednesday and will attempt to score it but it gets hard when your playing partners tell you a combo of “ I think it may have went over there / well a green side bunker is kind of like a hole/ once you get it on the green its kind of a give/ just pick it up alreadyâ€.

Talk later guys

Gren

if you are going to play golf with many of the board members, you need to get used to the friendly banter that will be thrown around.

English:

I share your sensitivity and have been similarly insulted by some of these characters in the past. :D

I have received insults and have NEVER NEVER lowered myself to responding negatively to these guys, including to that other English guy with a hump in his back, the little Scottish guy that hits the wet farts he calls drives around 140 yards, or the European captain that has less hair than Jim Furyk.

I try and take the high road and stay above the fray. :D If you want a round of golf without insults, I am your man. :chogdee2

Hub

Doggie: Has the agenda/course/tee times for the Catz Open on the 4th been finalized (sorry if I missed it somewhere)? Is sent you and IM.

Hi Doghaus

Please count me in this year. Missed the last couple by a week or two!

Team - Europe (GB)

Shirt size - L

Best estimate handicap - 11

My email address - not sure how to get this to you. Plse let me know

simonb

Edited by simonb

Hey Bertie and Foursome Frank -

Good to see you are following a hard work ethic. Now remember its eight pints a night and two rounds of sex, as well as the little white ball bit. I don’t want you guys slacking in the seven weeks before the tourney, keep it up (if you know what I mean). :chogdee2 :nod

Hub -

Less hair than Jim Furyk Mmm maybe! but defiantly allot less nose. :P :clap2

Ah Grendal - Your team are a load of slackers as you see by the posts we Euros are in hard training. Now we know you missed last year to go into a swing change so it must be coming on now, after two years of practice. :moon

English Patient - you sound like a great asset to the Euro team, someone who does not run from a fight and shows true grit, the type we need in the Euro team, I like it.

You could maybe do some informal sessions on having the right mentality for our team before the tourney. Wish I had 12 like English on my side. :nod

Cheers

Duece

Edited by duece
Hi Doghaus

Please count me in this year. Missed the last couple by a week or two!

Team - Europe (GB)

Shirt size - L

Best estimate handicap - 11

My email address - not sure how to get this to you. Plse let me know

simonb

Another European off 11? Welcome aboard mate.

Dodgie, any idea who the Bagladeshi Bandits are playing for this year? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

:banghead :P

Edited by Dungheap

Welcome Simon B.

I have added you to the list. E mail address is not compulsory but it helps if you want me to send you a copy of the rules when I publish them. You can send me a pm with your email address. Are you also interested in joining the Chiang Mai trip?

Cheers

Doggie

With just 2 months to go until the RideHer Cup, here is the latest entry list. We now have 33 confirmed players and a few more still to confirm. It is the biggest RideHer Cup yet. I have booked 10 tee times at Phoenix and I can add more if the entries top 40.

Team USA and Canada

Confirmed players

Grendel (Capt)

Mescalito

Scoby

Martin

BKK Bob 40

Hub

Big Kev

Fornicator

Thumper

Sailfast

Rayray1271

Dward2929

Bob 4 you

Pakawala

Marz

Art

USA players who have still to confirm

Sammy

Shilo

Monte

Team Europe

Confirmed players

Deuce (Captain)

Ben

Doggie

Soft Rabbit

Big Brian

Bertie 707

Foursome Frank

Bald Baz

Pieman

Hilly

Anne Marie

Priory

LV&RB

Simon B

The English Patient

Hammer

Europe players who have still to confirm

Brian C

Eneukman (Alan)

Australians and Kiwis

Confirmed

Steve O

Dungheap - Aussie living in Japan

Taxi

JC 1

Mr Bill

There is plenty of time to register so please keep the entries coming in. I need to keep a track on the numbers for tee times, shirts and transport. If you have not confirmed yet, can you please let me know if you are planning to enter or not. I need your shirt size, email address and handicap. Apologies if I have missed anyone.

Doggie

Edited by doghaus

Hi Duece,

I would dearly love to participate but this year I have an unbreakable committment in the States on the weekend of Nov 5,6. As much as I would like to be there, I think my son's wedding is a little bit more important.

Cheers

English

You have just failed your MI5 test! Everyone here knows that this is a photo of the last RideHer Cup that you have grabbed from the gallery.

We forgive you. I assume you are the one wearing the yellow jacket because I know the golfer in the picture.

Ding dong bell!

Glad there's no hard feelings and we can have a laugh together on RideHer Cup night.

Doggie

Hey Irishman.

Sons wedding more important than the RIDEHER cup :P :P

Get your priorities right. Sons get married all the time but there is only one RIDEHER Cup. :D :D

Only joking mate have a good time and wish him well from all the Euro team

Cheers :P

Duece

If I am not mistaken the photo is one of the Hero’s from Telemark. (Our Norwegian contingent). :P :P

Maybe you made a mistake English, I am sure it was.

Cheers :P

Duece