Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have mislaid the emails that I was sent regarding Bangkok to Pattaya travel. I will be at the domestic on the 8th of September at 1.00PM.

Seems that there is a dumping place in the area where cabs from Pattaya await people wanting to go there. As I understand it you phone a number from the airport, pay your 900 Baht and thats that.

Has anyone used this service. Can you confirm the details. And of course any one going to Pats at the same time and wanting to share, let me know.

:rolleyes:

Hi

Good idea not aware of it, but it must exist. When I've got dropped in Pattaya by taxi from Bangkok I'm sure they dont drive back empty. Probabable have a S/T and get a fare back from one of the hotels.

The taxi you get in Pattaya is BKK based and when the driver goes back to BKK he stays in BKK till he gets another fare to Pattaya. That could be days later.

If your talking about the private car services out of Pattaya then I've never heard about a staging area. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

well i dont know anything about the above, but twice ive got a taxi from pattaya to bangkok for 500 baht (plus tolls). just asked the taxi drivers ( normally parked in second road) for a ride to bangkok they ask how much and i said 500 i think the second time may have been 600,obviously o good if you want a "booked" taxi as you have to go looking for them! but to get to bangers a good price! thinking about it the last time i did it i got the taxi from second street, (i was on my hired motor-bike) he followed me to threppasit road to drop off the bike! thgen i had a lift to my house (soi khaotalo) get my bags lock the house up and away to bangkok via 7-11! i presume these are the same taxis you can book for 500 baht? these are bangkok taxis wanting a fare back to bangkok!

twice ive got a taxi from pattaya to bangkok for 500 baht (plus toll
s).

Hi

For future reference, where in second road do they park ?

Hi,

the number of cabs from Pattaya are very limited if they exist at all. I've seen a few in Jomtien and south Pattaya and they may be local cabs, but can also be BKK based with drivers owning condos in Jomtien.

Actually many of the limos used by hotels are also BKK based.

So I don't believe in and never heard of taxis from Pattaya waiting for return trips in airport area or anywhere else in Bangkok.

In Pattaya you can find taxis waiting for return trips near Mike's, but also further north parking beside the places where you can book such trips for 800 or 850 baht. 300/350 for the taxi maffia and 500 for the driver.

One late friday evening I got a price of 500 including toll roads. :P

elef

Edited by elef

Last trip I sauntered up to departures and found a cabbie who was happy to negociate for a ride to Pattaya. As I recall I paid 1100baht inc all tolls. He was from Bkk, but I think he was releived not to have to join the shitfight downstairs at arrivals.

L

Teelack,

I posted before on the subject of the funny little man and return cabs to Pattaya, I just came back from UK and alas number defunct, sorry guys if anyone tried it without success.

So I just went up to Departures and my lady asked taxi driver for 800bht plus we pay tolls he came back with 1000 we pay tolls, job done.

Can't be bothered with too much detail when jet lagged out of skull.