Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi there again,

While we are staying in Pattaya we would like to spend a couple of nights on one of the nearby islands.Is this possible?

We have the seen Koh Larn resort on the internet but is better to pre book here in the uk or wait until we are in Pattaya?

Or are there other islands close by that we can stop on for a couple of nights ?.

All advise would be appreciated :clueless

Big thanks to all those who replied to my last thread...re hol money..it was a great help :D

Until my next los newbie question!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again............Hawkeyes

Although Koh Chang is further than Samet, I'd choose it over all the others. As Jonny K suggested, BYO is good - although I have seen some 8's starting to ply their trade in white Sand Beach.

IMHO, Larn is a day trip destination rather than an extended stay.

Lemons

I stayed at Diana Inn on 2nd Road/corner with Soi Diana, and booked a package deal with Pakadee Travel, in Diana Inn. Mini bus at 730am, down to the ferry port, ferry across, mini bus to White Sand Beach, and stayed at Koh Ghang Kacha Resort, in a modern bungalow with A/C, hot water, tv, mini bar etc, right on the beach, and there by 130pm. I can recommend it, and the price was a lot cheaper than doing it myself.

I had a TGF, but did notice a few FL's in the Night club on the beach, can't remember the name, but there's only one. There's a fair amount of bars/restraunts, and after Pattaya, its a good place to chill out for a few days. If you come off the beach, and on to the main road, then turn right, and walk about 400yards, there is a small Beer Bar complex on the left, opposite the Paloma Heights hotel.

thechairman18

For just a night or two, you might consider Koh Samet. It's only a little over an hour away and you can book reservations through Malibu travel. They have a cheap van service also but for the convenience, I would just contract for a car to get you there and get a car there to bring you back. The van takes almost twice as long with all the pick-ups it has to do.

Cheers

For 1-2 days Koh Samet is ideal if you want longer certainly try Koh Chang. For good information and recommendations try iamkohchang.com for a cynical but realistic view of the area.Personally I like Koh Chang so much I bought property there earlier in the year.Try Oodies for live music and The Bay for seafood both are well known venues.

• 2 weeks later...

Koh Chang is a great place to chill for a few days I like to plan it around my visa run to Ko Kong. from Trat take a minibus to the border and back takes about three hours and cost 200 baht for the mini bus both ways, Cambodia Visa is 1,100 Baht, remember to bring your photo or they will snag another 100baht from you. Koh Chang is big enough to do some exploring around. Rent a motor bike and go exploring around if you are ok on motorbike, be careful the hills can be very steep be sure you have good brakes.

Koh Samet is farely close to Pattaya 150baht by mini bus to the pier at Baan Pae another 50 baht for the ferry and your there, takes two or three hours at most. The national park there cost 200 baht to enter unless you know the way around the booth. The cheapest place I could find to stay was 600baht and that was in the little town. There were some good places to party but BYOG.

Koh Larn is a great day trip the boat only cost 20baht each way and takes 45 minnutes very relaxing trip..you can bring your motorbike on the ferry with you for 100 baht each way..Nice locals on the island. there are 6 beaches all clean an entire day on the island cost min 200baht if your a big consummer of fun like jet ski and sprits may run you a grand. Ask the Locals about where to stay Chom Talay is a nice place for 800 baht beautiful sunsets there. Most people bug out on the 5:00pm ferry back to Pattaya. Not much to do at night there are three karoke bars mostly locals, but never the less a nice experience. A good website for good information is at Koh Larn website Yea I admit it, it is my website :o but I think I put together some good info that may be of some help. :D

Cheers