Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Another newbie to Pattaya

Hi Everyone

Great forum, thanks for the heads up on all the excellent info.

I am venturing into Pattaya for the first time this October. I have been told that BKK has nothing on Pattaya so I am ready to experience all it has to offer.

I was told that the Hard Rock Hotel is good but no so guest friendly. Any essential tips from you regulars?

Should I go straight to Pattaya or stay in BKK first. Im looking at 4 days (over a weekend) in Pattaya, is this enough?

Is there anything I should or shouldnt miss.

Sorry for all the questions, any response is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

skip BKK...go straight to Pattaya

cant provide any info on Hard Rock - never been.

4 months is better than 4 days.

shorts and T-shirts and an ATM card are about all you need.

make no plans - go with the flow.

Only thing BKK would have over PTYA would be better shopping and touristy stuff -Temples and so on. Other than that, Pats has Bangers beat in every other way I reckon.

It still has quite good shopping AND some good touristy stuff to see.

Hi Everyone

I am venturing into Pattaya for the first time this October. I have been told that BKK has nothing on Pattaya so I am ready to experience all it has to offer.

I was told that the Hard Rock Hotel is good but no so guest friendly. Any essential tips from you regulars?

Should I go straight to Pattaya or stay in BKK first. Im looking at 4 days (over a weekend) in Pattaya, is this enough?

Cheers

I agree that with your limited time you should go straight to Pattaya, from the airport! Four days is not enough!

The 'Hard Rock' hotel is the crappy old Merlin with coloured lights on the balconies! If you are a younger person it may suit you, but better can be had for less of a price. As a first timer may I suggest 'reviews', Penthouse.

What you should and shouldn't miss is up to you, but with only 4 days I wouldn't bother with Tiger Zoo or rock gardens.

It is a tired line but get to the FLB and make friends...go on a crawl with a few and enjoy.

After your first night out in PTY, you'll really never feel the need for BKK when it comes to Nightlife. The only place BKK wins is western style discos. Everything else...PTY.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

Edited by themook

Skip BKK...go to Pattaya...10 days would be better.

There are many tourist and sporting activities in Pattaya, but your time is limited.

I would encourage you to spend a day or two seeing a few of the major attractions...Maybe take one day to go see big buddha, temple on the hill, temple outside of town, alligator show or elephant show.

During the evening...relax...have a nice dinner...go with the flow.

Edited by wbill

I'm a newbie as well.....in Nov ill be down for 2 days! I'm not new to the Asian Barhoppin scene, but this will be a first for me in regards to Thailand. some of the questions i need answering is car service from the Airport to Pattaya. I estimate it costing about $50 each way..but does anyone have any recommendations on to what drivers i should use?

Thanks for your help!

Mavic88

Check the Meeting Section and look for the reliable car and driver topic. Lots of recommendations.

Guest Winston_Churchill

make sure you read carefully dusa no longer recommends alex not only is he unreliable hes also probably unlicenced.

quote from the big man

"Most likely Alex and the other small services are not licensed. Personally I don't plan on taking that risk. "

Hi Everyone

Cheers

What else are you doing on your holiday?

Are you travellinjg around Thailand etc?

If you are travelling around Thailand then skip Pattaya and BKK until the end of your trip! Of course if your coming to Thailand for the women then fair enough come to pattaya otherwise do the country first. :beer