Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Guest Fatboyfat
:eyecrazy Also don't forget to add BAs total rip-off "Fuel Surcharge" of £60 to ANY offer quoted (they never quote inclusive). Their surcharge indicates a 12 fold increase in fuel charges over the last 2 years, when in fact they have barely doubled. :eyecrazy
:D Also don't forget to add BAs total rip-off "Fuel Surcharge" of £60 to ANY offer quoted (they never quote inclusive). Their surcharge indicates a 12 fold increase in fuel charges over the last 2 years, when in fact they have barely doubled. 2guns

And they will probably end up flying you through Japan. Then you will have to listen to the cabin crew attempt their version of humor over the loudspeaker for the next 28 hours. Probably with no food if you have any special dietary needs. Don't even bother asking for any type compensation after they FUCK EVERYTHING UP because they will promise you the world and never, ever, ever FUCKING ever deliver.

They may, however, tell you whatever lies they feel will shut you up for the time being. THEN they will CALL YOU A LIAR RIGHT TO YOUR FACE.

You will then WASTE hours of your time on the phone and typing emails that lead to dead ends insults and/or MORE LIES.

Then you will spend more time bashing them as often as possible, like I am doing now.

FUCKING BRITISH FUCKWADS AIRWAYS SUCKS CHICKEN SHIT

THEY ARE A FUCKING WASTE. I WOULD RATHER SWIM THAN FLY WITH THEM.

I think they may have scarred me for life.

Sailfast

Erm....I've flown LHR-BKK with BA half a dozen times. Bought ticket, checked in, flew. No problems, 30Kg baggage when carrying golf clubs. Have been bumped to business 3 times and world traveller once.

I'll be with EVA next trip, but will happily fly with BA again.

Hi

I was flying London-Madrid one time and they plied me with Champagne all the way. Just shows you most things are subjective. I've heard lots of bad things about them, but they have always delivered for me. :puke

And they will probably end up flying you through Japan. Then you will have to listen to the cabin crew attempt their version of humor over the loudspeaker for the next 28 hours. Probably with no food if you have any special dietary needs. Don't even bother asking for any type compensation after they FUCK EVERYTHING UP because they will promise you the world and never, ever, ever FUCKING ever deliver.

They may, however, tell you whatever lies they feel will shut you up for the time being. THEN they will CALL YOU A LIAR RIGHT TO YOUR FACE.

You will then WASTE hours of your time on the phone and typing emails that lead to dead ends insults and/or MORE LIES.

Then you will spend more time bashing them as often as possible, like I am doing now.

Sailfast

Sailfast.

If you had a bad time with BA, give us the details. You say you have special dietary needs. Did you tell them in advance? If your flight was diverted for some reason, they would need to get extra food in from wherever they diverted to. :eyecrazy

I've flown BA several times and they have NEVER fucked me about. I did once have an overnight delay but I was put up in an hotel overnight and they actually telephoned me before I left for the airport to warn me in advance. (I had a conecting flight from Edinburgh).

I've never had any BA staff lie to me either.

Your comments verge on being defamatory so either back up your comments or withdraw them.

Alan

And they will probably end up flying you through Japan.  Then you will have to listen to the cabin crew attempt their version of humor over the loudspeaker for the next 28 hours.  Probably with no food if you have any special dietary needs.  Don't even bother asking for any type compensation after they FUCK EVERYTHING UP because they will promise you the world and never, ever, ever FUCKING ever deliver.

They may, however, tell you whatever lies they feel will shut you up for the time being.  THEN they will CALL YOU A LIAR RIGHT TO YOUR FACE.

THEY ARE A FUCKING WASTE.  I WOULD RATHER SWIM THAN FLY WITH THEM.

Sailfast

Harsh to say the least!!

Mind you.............Wheres this person from who wrote this? Oh yes!!!!

The U..........S...........of mother F**kin A!! :eyecrazy

:unsure:

Edited by farman

Sailfast,

I fly Europe (Madrid or Oslo)-London-Accra (Ghana,West Africa) on British Airways at least 2 or 3 times a year. I also flew with them to Bangkok this summer.

Actually, I find them better than for example LH,KL and SK. They're also way better than most of the American carriers....

You probably just had bad luck...

Sindre

And they will probably end up flying you through Japan.  Then you will have to listen to the cabin crew attempt their version of humor over the loudspeaker for the next 28 hours.  Probably with no food if you have any special dietary needs.  Don't even bother asking for any type compensation after they FUCK EVERYTHING UP because they will promise you the world and never, ever, ever FUCKING ever deliver.

They may, however, tell you whatever lies they feel will shut you up for the time being.  THEN they will CALL YOU A LIAR RIGHT TO YOUR FACE.

THEY ARE A FUCKING WASTE.  I WOULD RATHER SWIM THAN FLY WITH THEM.

Sailfast

Yep,

That just about sums us Brits up, not like the good old US of A Airlines

Look at their track record

US airline Delta, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last week, plans to axe 9000 jobs and reduce its fleet by more than 100 planes to save £1.7bn.by the end of 2007.

Its in the same boat as United Airlines, US Airways and Northwest Airlines.

They are all hiding behind legislation to carry on flying.They're operating in protected markets, they're hoovering up public funds and still can't make a profit.

Ye Ha.

thechairman18

Edited by thechairman18

The customers perception is always the right perception!

BA and many other airline service providers still do not have a clue when it comes to customer service.

They give smile service, promise everything and deliver fuck all.

Sateef and the rest of us should bag the lousy ones, and praise the ones who truly understand.

I'm flaming them because they fucked me..hard...not just me but my friend also.

Anyone who thinks this has something to do with US corperations is on the wrong track.

I have had nothing but good luck with Virgin Atlantic and many other "non US" airlines.

It's not that BA fucked up, it's that they told lies over and over in order to keep from making good. Then they had the nerve to call me a liar.

So, anyone who feels the need to turn this into a US/UK debate can kiss my (Irish) Ass.

Sindre, I probably did have bad luck, but they had ample chances to make good and they simply kept bullshiting me.

farman, how can it matter where a very unhappy customer is from? Do you think that because the corp. name has the word "British" in it that I am some how flaming your country? G.B. is wonderful. I love it. I love the people and the beer and everything else. If it was not so darn expensive for me to visit at this time I would be there more often.

chairman18, what is your point?

Why make this political???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chalrie, thanks for making my point. I'm just hoping to save someone else the same grief and waste of time they put me through.

Sailfast :D

Edited by Sailfast
Sailfast.

If you had a bad time with BA, give us the details. You say you have special dietary needs. Did you tell them in advance? If your flight was diverted for some reason, they would need to get extra food in from wherever they diverted to. 

I've flown BA several times and they have NEVER fucked me about. I did once have an overnight delay but I was put up in an hotel overnight and they actually telephoned me before I left for the airport to warn me in advance. (I had a conecting flight from Edinburgh).

I've never had any BA staff lie to me either.

Your comments verge on being defamatory so either back up your comments or withdraw them.

Alan

OK I will back them up.

1) Myself and my mate drove several hours to NY. Slept in a hotel overnight.

The flight was postponed several hours. They did not call. I was told at the gate.

2) I was offered a MUCH cheaper flight through Tokyo as the ONLY alternative. I could have booked this flight myself for HUNDREDS of $$ less. I chose B.A because the flight MUCH shorter with a one our layover instead of a FIVE hour layover.

3) I could have gotten a similar flight to the one that was delayed, but left sooner and was 4 hrs SHORTER through another airline but since that airline was not a "PARTNER" they would not do it.

4) I called this other airline (delta I think) and there were seats available FOR LESS THAN I PAID BA. I asked BA for a refund so I could book another flight and they said NO! My ONLY alternative is to go the WRONG FUCKING WAY AROUND THE WORLD FOR 28 HRS.

5) I asked for the manager. All was very civil and he OFFERED ME AN UPGRADE ON MY RETURN FLIGHT FROM BKK TO LONDON. He said he would love to upgrade my entire flight but, he cannot upgrade on the other airline. I accepted.

6) I was told that my flight through Tokyo was all set, as well as my veg. meal.

Not happy about a 28 hour fucking flight, but oh well I says.

7) When we got to the new gate and waited in line for over an hour THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF US. BA admittedly "forgot" to fax over the tickets. We had to GO AND PICK THEM UP. JFK is a big airport with trains and all that shit, plus waiting in more lines.

8) BA never informed my new airling of my veg. meal (now keep in mind that they said they did). They had none for me. This is a VERY long flight without food. This pissed me off.

9) When I got to BKK I asked about the upgrade they OFFERED ME. Nope, no way.

I called from BKK, nope.

10) I tried again in London when I arrived. Nope, no way. I got mad and told them to contact the manager at JFK. I called several times and emailed while in the UK on holiday. "The manager at JFK said he never told anyone such nonsense." In fact, according to BA in London, and by email, I am making this up!

11) Several emails and phone calls from many countries at my expense and...I AM A LIAR according to BA.

12) I was so pissed off that I used a voucher I had left over from another airline and flew out of Manchester to Newark to avoid getting on another BA flight. Yup, I was pissed and at the time it was almost as easy to fly out of Manchester. I "bit my nose off to spite my face", but I was pissed.

13) I never got my full miles for the time I spent on BA flights, regardless of how many emails and compaints I filed.

14) In the end they sent us each a $200 voucher just to shut me up.

15) I would rather choke on the voucher than fly BA. This goes for my friend also.

16) Return flight BKK to London: I understand and enjoy "British Humor", everything from the classics to the new stuff. The BA cabin crew found ample time to bore everyone on the flight to tears by babbling nonstop over the speaker about all kinds of crap. They could not, however, find me a scrap of food to eat. Oops. the mice lady brought me three bags of pretzels. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BRING ME A NON VEGGIE MEAL.

17) Fuck BA, in the mouth 2guns

18) They may, or may not be better than any US airline. If a US airline sucks, then fuck them too. MY GOD, are you TWITS so fucking paranoid that you think because I insult an airline I am insulting you or your country??????????

WTF?

Sailfast

Edited by Sailfast
OK I will back them up.

The flight was postponed several hours. They did not call. I was told at the gate.

2) I was offered a MUCH cheaper flight through Tokyo as the ONLY alternative. I could have booked this flight myself for HUNDREDS of $$ less. I chose B.A because the flight MUCH shorter with a one our layover instead of a FIVE hour layover.

3) I could have gotten a similar flight to the one that was delayed, but left sooner and was 4 hrs SHORTER through another airline but since that airline was not a "PARTNER" they would not do it.

4) I called this other airline (delta I think) and there were seats available FOR LESS THAN I PAID BA. I asked BA for a refund so I could book another flight and they said NO! My ONLY alternative is to go the WRONG FUCKING WAY AROUND THE WORLD FOR 28 HRS.

5) I asked for the manager. All was very civil and he OFFERED ME AN UPGRADE ON MY RETURN FLIGHT FROM BKK TO LONDON. He said he would love to upgrade my entire flight but, he cannot upgrade on the other airline. I accepted.

6) I was told that my flight through Tokyo was all set, as well as my veg. meal.

7) When we got to the new gate and waited in line for over an hour THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF US. BA admittedly "forgot" to fax over the tickets. We had to GO AND PICK THEM UP. JFK is a big airport with trains and all that shit, plus waiting in more lines.

8) BA never informed my new airling of my veg. meal (now keep in mind that they said they did). They had none for me. This is a VERY long flight without food. This pissed me off.

I called from BKK, nope.

10) I tried again in London when I arrived. Nope, no way. I got mad and told them to contact the manager at JFK. I called several times and emailed while in the UK on holiday. "The manager at JFK said he never told anyone such nonsense." In fact, according to BA in London, and by email, I am making this up!

11) Several emails and phone calls from many countries at my expense and...I AM A LIAR according to BA.

12) I was so pissed off that I used a voucher I had left over from another airline and flew out of Manchester to Newark to avoid getting on another BA flight. Yup, I was pissed and at the time it was almost as easy to fly out of Manchester. I "bit my nose off to spite my face", but I was pissed.

13) I never got my full miles for the time I spent on BA flights, regardless of how many emails and compaints I filed.

15) I would rather choke on the voucher than fly BA. This goes for my friend also.

16) Return flight BKK to London: I understand and enjoy "British Humor", everything from the classics to the new stuff. The BA cabin crew found ample time to bore everyone on the flight to tears by babbling nonstop over the speaker about all kinds of crap. They could not, however, find me a scrap of food to eat. Oops. the mice lady brought me three bags of pretzels. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BRING ME A NON VEGGIE MEAL.

17) Fuck BA, in the mouth :P

18) They may, or may not be better than any US airline. If a US airline sucks, then fuck them too. MY GOD, are you TWITS so fucking paranoid that you think because I insult an airline I am insulting you or your country??????????

WTF?

Sailfast

OK Sailfast, I accept that you had a very bad experience with BA and I'm not going to attempt to defend what happened.

The flight was delayed. You were staying at a hotel. Did they know how to contact you? When my flight was delayed, had they phoned 15 minutes later I'd have been on my way to Edinburgh Airport for my connecting flight so wouldn't have found out about any delays until I got to check in.

You say that there was only a one hour wait between flights at Heathrow. Sorry, but I would NEVER allow so little time between flights as it would take very little for me to miss my onward flight. Allow yourself more time next time.

As for booking flights on different airlines, you could have booked the flights separately, though if your first flight had been delayed it would have been up to YOU to sort out a new onward flight. If you are booked on flights using airlines that are part of the same alliance and you miss your onward flight because your incoming flight was delayed, it will be up to the airline to get you a new flight - so long as both flights are on the same ticket.

Technically speaking, I doubt whether you were entitled to a refund BUT I would have thought that it would have thought that granting you one would have been a simple matter of good customer service. Keep the customer (reasonably) satisfied and they may come back. Piss them off and they won't. I understand why you won't be using BA again as a matter of choice.

Failing to give the other airline your details as well as details of your dietary requirements was inexcusable.

On all my return flights from Bangkok to London BA have been very conscious that many passengers want to go to sleep straight away, particularly as the flight leaves around midnight. I have NEVER known them to babble incessantly and the only announcements made during the night are essential ones such as telling passengers to return to their seats when the seat belt signs come on. Are you sure it was a BA flight and not a QANTAS one? BA and QANTAS code share on many routes and a BA flight will have both a BA no AND a QANTAS flight no and vice versa.

As for us Brits being paranoid, that really takes the fucking biscuit. How many times has someone criticised Bush etc and then been verbally assaulted because they're attacking the US as a whole. A lot more often than the other way round. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black 2guns

By the way, an American friend of a friend is a steward on an American airline (I can't remember which one). Any one care to guess which nation's passengers are the rudest? Yes, his fellow countrymen. Now, I'm sure he's not referring to any of you guys. :P

Alan

OK Sailfast, I accept that you had a very bad experience with BA and I'm not going to attempt to defend what happened.

The flight was delayed. You were staying at a hotel. Did they know how to contact you? When my flight was delayed, had they phoned 15 minutes later I'd have been on my way to Edinburgh Airport for my connecting flight so wouldn't have found out about any delays until I got to check in.

You say that there was only a one hour wait between flights at Heathrow. Sorry, but I would NEVER allow so little time between flights as it would take very little for me to miss my onward flight. Allow yourself more time next time.

As for booking flights on different airlines, you could have booked the flights separately, though if your first flight had been delayed it would have been up to YOU to sort out a new onward flight. If you are booked on flights using airlines that are part of the same alliance and you miss your onward flight because your incoming flight was delayed, it will be up to the airline to get you a new flight - so long as both flights are on the same ticket.

Technically speaking, I doubt whether you were entitled to a refund BUT I would have thought that it would have thought that granting you one would have been a simple matter of good customer service. Keep the customer (reasonably) satisfied and they may come back. Piss them off and they won't. I understand why you won't be using BA again as a matter of choice.

Failing to give the other airline your details as well as details of your dietary requirements was inexcusable.

On all my return flights from Bangkok to London BA have been very conscious that many passengers want to go to sleep straight away, particularly as the flight leaves around midnight. I have NEVER known them to babble incessantly and the only announcements made during the night are essential ones such as telling passengers to return to their seats when the seat belt signs come on. Are you sure it was a BA flight and not a QANTAS one? BA and QANTAS code share on many routes and a BA flight will have both a BA no AND a QANTAS flight no and vice versa.

As for us Brits being paranoid, that really takes the fucking biscuit. How many times has someone criticised Bush etc and then been verbally assaulted because they're attacking the US as a whole. A lot more often than the other way round. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :ang2 :banghead :ang2

By the way, an American friend of a friend is a steward on an American airline (I can't remember which one). Any one care to guess which nation's passengers are the rudest? Yes, his fellow countrymen. Now, I'm sure he's not referring to any of you guys. :D

Alan

Are you a major stock holder or something? If you are not going to defend them then why so many questions? Anyway I will answer.

Yes, they had my cell phone number.

The one hour layover was for the flight in Heathrow. I never made it that far. I did however get to spend over four hours in Tokyo Narita, thank you very much BA.

I must not have made myself very clear when talking about booking flights on other airlines. I was refering to booking a flight on another airline AFTER my BA flight got fucked up. In other words, fuck you very much BA, give me my money back, I have found a better flight for less money than you are offering to pork me with. Very fucking sorry you can't hold up to your end of the bargain with the original flight. Sorry it's not part of your partnership but it will get me their 8 hours quicker. Of course they didn't like that idea.

It was a BA flight. I'm pretty good at guessing what airline I'm getting on. Qantas was my connection in London that I never made it to.

Paranoid? I was refering to you and a couple of others who got defensive in this thread. I was most certainly not refering Brits in general. In fact 9 out ot 10 NON-FUCKING PARANOID BRITS SURVEYED HATE BRITISH AIRWAYS AT LEAST AS MUCH AS I DO.

No shock here that Americans are considered rude.

I have a friend of a friend of a second cousins ex roomie's boyfriend (puff) that knows a gal who's dad's brother, her uncle actually, that met a rude Brit once, really he was drunk at the time but nobody knew it at the time because he talked funny and all so Who gives a fuck?

Sailfast

OK I will back them up.

I called from BKK, nope.

17) Fuck BA, in the mouth :ang2

WTF?

Sailfast

Someone get this man a tissue so he can dry his eyes!!

Also can we get him a big bowl as i think he is about to vomit...................

I wasnt turning this into a uk/us thing?? I just know that BA are a good airline.

I also know that americans whinge whine and moan a lot about anything and everything.

CHOGDEE

:banghead

Someone get this man a tissue so he can dry his eyes!!

Also can we get him a big bowl as i think he is about to vomit...................

I wasnt turning this into a uk/us thing?? I just know that BA are a good airline.

I also know that americans whinge whine and moan a lot about anything and everything.

CHOGDEE

:banghead

farman,

I really don't tend to moan until I GET FUCKED. I'm funny like that.

In case you didn't read the whole thread, I was responding to Eneukman when he said:

"Your comments verge on being defamatory so either back up your comments or withdraw them."

Sailfast :ang2

Edited by Sailfast

Just to put this thread back on track, I've just been quoted by Airlinenetwork,£515 all in, from Manchester UK to Bangkok, 8th Feb 2006 returning 5th April £515 with BA.

thechairman18

I think anyone who is a regular traveller will have been fucked up by one airline or another over the years. Whether it is BA or any other airline is irrelevant.

What the thread does highlight is that; firstly, everyone should make sure they have a decent insurance policy in place before they travel and be aware of what is, or isn't, allowed within the terms of that policy. Secondly, be aware of what your rights and the airlines obligations are in the case of a "significant" change or delay to your travel plans. If I was at LHR and got the type of nonsense that was apparently dished up at JFK, I would have simply contacted an alternative carrier who could move me in line with my travel plans and let my insurers sort it out with the airline. All airlines will have a full history in their records of the business that you do with them, so if you are an infrequent flyer with them then their Customer Services are not going to be in a hurry to recompense you for your hardships.

Tom

WOW! I thought nobody hated BA more than me.

For the record I am English (well half Irish) and have spend much of the last 20 years flying around the world on BA. Why BA when I hate them so much? Simple, from UK to weird destinations they have direct flights. Any other airline you have to change which is time consuming and adds possibilities of fuck ups.

They have fucked me over so many times I've lost count.

They refer to passengers as 'self loading freight'. Economy is 'the pig pen'. They have the shortest seat pitches of any airline in any class. Even their First Class sucks. The more time you have in the more you get to chose so the staff in First Class are old grannies who moan about their knees when the get up to grudgingly serve you. Half the time the plane isn't even clean. They are over manned (still) and unionised to the hilt. They are basically British Rail in the air (still).

Hate them hate them hate them. Have about 100,000 BA air miles left and then I will never fly them again.

OK American and Northwest and Delta all I believe in Chapter 11 are just as bad but since when is just as bad a recommendation?

I think anyone who is a regular traveller will have been fucked up by one airline or another over the years. Whether it is BA or any other airline is irrelevant.

What the thread does highlight is that; firstly, everyone should make sure they have a decent insurance policy in place before they travel and be aware of what is, or isn't, allowed within the terms of that policy. Secondly, be aware of what your rights and the airlines obligations are in the case of a "significant" change or delay to your travel plans. If I was at LHR and got the type of nonsense that was apparently dished up at JFK, I would have simply contacted an alternative carrier who could move me in line with my travel plans and let my insurers sort it out with the airline. All airlines will have a full history in their records of the business that you do with them, so if you are an infrequent flyer with them then their Customer Services are not going to be in a hurry to recompense you for your hardships.

Tom

Agreed, Tom.

It should also serve as a warning to anyone who has a connecting flight to build in SOME allowance for delays. An hour is simply far too short for a connecting international flight. On my outward journey from Edinburgh, I allow at least 3 hours between arrival and departure especially as it takes around 40 minutes or more to get to the gate in Terminal 4 from Terminal 1.

Weather conditions (severe gales) have caused my flight down to London to be an hour late. Also, there are frequent traffic control delays at 5.00 pm at Edinburgh. Once when I arrived in Terminal 1, we couldn't go follow the Flight Conection signs because a fire alarm had gone off in the International area of Terminal 1.

The least relaible airline I've flown with has to be internal flights with Air Zimbabwe back in 1997 - before Mugabe really fucked up the country. That is, however, another story.

The only airline to piss me about was QANTAS but I got a free upgrade to Business Class on the flight so the problem was solved to my satsifaction - apart from 2 hour delay in departure. I trust that the person responsible for this (at Heathrow) got his arse well and truly kicked.

One point to bear in mind, if you need to make an insurance claim the insurance company will want proof of the length of your visit - i.e the print out from the airline or whoever showing details of your flights etc. I didn't keep that as I was having a major clear out prior to moving here for good, so I sent them a copy of my passport pages showing my entry and departure stamps. The claim has still to be settled but so far, they haven't said they WON'T be paying up. :chogdee2 A stern reminder is about due, I think.

Alan

My airline of choice for Canada to Thailand is BA. Have had nothing but great service, on time flights and good seating. I really enjoy getting into BKK around 3:00 pm. Gives lots of time to get to Pattaya for that first night of fun.

Will be using BA again for my March trip.

My airline of choice for Canada to Thailand is BA. Have had nothing but great service, on time flights and good seating. I really enjoy getting into BKK around 3:00 pm. Gives lots of time to get to Pattaya for that first night of fun.

Will be using BA again for my March trip.

Tangent, get in touch before you come over and we can maybe meet up for a few beers. :nod

The arrival time in Bangkok is great and last month I was back in my condo by 6.00 pm

I've flown many times with BA and never had a problem. I've also flown 1st Class with them and found the service very good.

When checking in for my return flight in Bangkok, a QANTAS employee escorted me through Passport Control and took me straight to the QANTAS lounge. This is apparently a new service they have started offering and I for one would be more than happy to see it continued.

Free self service to wine and champagne :D And more champagne when you board the flight. :P

Incidentally, after my last minute free upgrade to Business Class on QANTAS, a Thai stewardess came up to me once I had settled in my seat and addressed me by NAME and offered me a glass of champagne. Despite their other shortcomings on the flight, that DID impress me. :D

Alan

Alan,

"Agreed, Tom.

It should also serve as a warning to anyone who has a connecting flight to build in SOME allowance for delays. An hour is simply far too short for a connecting international flight. On my outward journey from Edinburgh, I allow at least 3 hours between arrival and departure especially as it takes around 40 minutes or more to get to the gate in Terminal 4 from Terminal 1."

There are minimum connection times for all the major hubs that show up when the agent is doing a through booking (1'40" at LHR between T2 and T3 if I remember correctly). As you rightly said, if you do separate bookings it is at your own risk.

If your flight is fucked up for whatever reason you need to get the reasons in writing from the airline and a copy of your original booking reference (PNR). Without one, or both, of those any claim with your insurers is going to become a long, drawn-out affair.

Tom