Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I asked a number of people about the Lek before I booked and I would like to share some thoughts with you.

The good news is the location. No problems and great for everywhere.

The bad news. Well it is cheap. I had a standard room on the 6th floor for 700 baht but decided to up grade to the new block. The room I had was on the front and facing No2 Road and had no balcony.

The rooms I was offered were at the back away from the pool and were either 1200 or 1300 and there was little real benefit so I stayed where I was.

The meals are cheap at 95 for breakfast and 165 for dinner however I stopped after 2 days as the food was never hot enough for me and sits for hours.

I would go back but I would demand a room overlooking the pool and would eat out every meal.

In all my trips I have never stayed there but I agree it is a good location seems to have a steady following also as for the food to not be as hot as you like that's a problem common with Buffets of this type everywhere. I eat at the Lek Breakfast 2/3 times a month and it's good value for the Money IMO I am meeting with Emil and his TG and also OnMyWay I think there this morning for breakfast.

party

Other side of 2nd road just past 'Kiss', I think the hotel is called the 'Apex'.

About 95 baht, plenty there but not very hot, the large area is not A/C so plenty of flies.

I went just the once, FWIW I don't like buffets, even in 5* hotels, too much of a bunfight.

There are plenty of good value 'cooked to order places' without visiting these cheapcharlie restaurants :rolleyes:

Hi Teelack,

Reading your comments about the Lek, I take it that its not your cup of tea, eh?

If you have a real gripe with the Lek, what is it?

What you have said is about average for any hotel anywhere. Some aspects suit one person, but not another. I was in Miami, last year, and had never been to Thailand, but was given the card for the Lek, by an American, who thought it was fine. I booked for 2 nights in July just gone, and stayed for 5. I got a room without B/fast for 1000 per night, on the 6th floor I think, overlooking the car park of Mike shopping Mall. A large clean and tidy double room, A/c, mini bar, in room safe. No charge for my overnight guest(s), and they phoned from reception to see if everything was OK, before they gave her the ID card back.

I didn't have a problem with the place, if it was not to your liking, why are you saying that you would go back again, and demand a better room. If you do go back, ASK for a better room, DEMANDING anything gets you nowhere, especially with Thai's.

thechairman18

I didn't have a problem with the place, if it was not to your liking, why are you saying that you would go back again, and demand a better room. If you do go back, ASK for a better room, DEMANDING anything gets you nowhere, especially with Thai's.

thechairman18

Good words Chairman!

:banana

:cry1

CHOG DEE

The problem with a bad room is that it can totally screw up your holiday. I use the word demand in the sense that in future I will move out unless I can get something to the standard that will make me look back on the holiday and say that was great.

As for the Lek. Yes it is my sort of place. There are a lot of good things here but a crap room is a crap room in any language.