Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• 8 months later...
Bkk i know Westin, Sheraton and Grand Business Inn have soft beds.

Pattaya, Dynasty Inn soi 13 and Sunshine soi 8.

Anyone else got any more hotels?

Thanks.

Dynasty Inn Pattaya is pretty good, harder than I'd like but not enough to have me sleep badly. And they're quite clean, conveniently located, and the non-smoking rooms really are non-smoking.

Pattaya Centre has reasonably soft beds; perhaps a little softer than the dynasty inn although otherwise I think the former is a better hotel.

If you want soft beds, AVOID the Residence Garden. Lovely place, but I just could not sleep there on those beds.

In Bangkok, the Westin has by far the best beds I've hit outside the US (the Thai version of the Heavenly bed was not as good as the ones here in the states but still very very good)... might in fact be too soft for some. The JW Marriott is pretty good, and the Majestic Suites tolerable. When I stayed at the Sheraton Grande (2003 sometime) the bed was just tolerable, so it may have improved since.

Regarding comfortable beds, here is my two cents worth from traveling to LOS about 10 times in the last 5 years.

Bangkok

Good - Omnitower, Majestic Suites

Bad - Grand Inn (Soi 3), First Hotel

The pits was the suite (A1) at the Honey Hotel Soi 19 Sukhumvit. Two large beds that were way too hard. Big room but not worth the 1500B because of the hardness of the beds. To balance that, I have also stayed in cheaper rooms in the Honey and the beds were just OK. I first stayed in the Honey in the early 80's and it hasnt changed much. Like a time warp for you blokes of the modern era.

The suite at the Honey Hotel

IMGP1024.JPG

IMGP1015.JPG

IMGP1014.JPG

hh0003.JPG

Pattaya

Excellent - Montien Hotel. Really good beds but the place isn't exactly girl friendly

Good - Sandy Springs. I know some guys disagree but I have stayed there 4 times and always found the beds VERY comfortable.

Acceptable - Dream Hotel

Hard - Roof Garden Inn, Eastinny Place, Globetrotter

Having said that I still like the Globetrotter. Yes the bed is hard and you have to walk up a heap of stairs but the bed is so large, the room is big, the view is great, the price is OK, the location cant be beat if you like Soi 7 & 8 and the management is tops.

Unfortunately it has become too popular and it now seems to be booked solid. I could only get in for 8 nights for my next 2 week holiday and thats in low season. :D

The big room at the Globetrotter

CIMG0006.JPG

CIMG0007.JPG

IMGP0590.JPG

I hope this helps somebody

:clap1

Bazza

If you must have a soft bed, don't ever let your TGF talk you into going up-country to visit her village. You will probably sleep on the floor...on a mat if you are lucky.

Little Roy :rolleyes:

Ma Maison has just the bed you like .takes some getting used too.my tg likes it but then its luxury for her :D

Bangkok for me the Landmark has great beds....Next to that the Marriott...

The President Solitaire has lousy beds in my opinion. Only thing going for the President Solitiare is the 4 poster bed frame. The actual bed itself is nowhere near a luxury top mattress.....

One really memorable bed that I have stayed in is the suite at the Phuket Hilton. Hands down the best bed I have slept in Thailand.....

I can second the Landmark in Bangkok, soft and great beds.

I noted Sunshine on Soi 8 was listed above - do they have soft beds? I think to recall that the hotel should have some rooms with great views, if it's the big yellow building on Soi 8. I take it's of course GF.

Bangkok for me the Landmark has great beds....Next to that the Marriott...

The President Solitaire has lousy beds in my opinion. Only thing going for the President Solitiare is the 4 poster bed frame. The actual bed itself is nowhere near a luxury top mattress.....

One really memorable bed that I have stayed in is the suite at the Phuket Hilton. Hands down the best bed I have slept in Thailand.....

As much as I dislike the management at the President Solitaire, I have to disagree. I think the beds there are the best I've seen anywhere.

I found out as I was checking out of the River Kwai Hotel that they have double sided mattresses, as do many other hotels

1 is a soft to suit westerners & 1 is hard to suit Asian’s

Lift up 1 corner & check, the housekeeping staff can flip the mattress over if required.

• 3 years later...

Resurrected thread from the dead!

Any new posts to be added? I really dig soft beds and can't ever remember staying anywhere in Pattaya that has one. The Billabong Hotel has beds that are a small step above concrete...a shame because I dig the place.

Are the 4 year old posts above still accurate?