Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

There is a library on Sukhumvit Rd...the following is from the Pattaya City Ex-Pat Club's newsletter:

The North Star Library - Books, VCR Movies, Childrens programs and more

"The NORTH STAR LIBRARY was established as a library for foreigers and Thai's. It has books covering all kinds of subjects, and in many languages. It is for you.

The library is located on Sukhumvit Road, between Pattaya Central Road and North Pattaya Road, on the Pattaya Bay side of the road - look for the sign "North Star Library", next to the Redemptorist Center, and opposite the Index Furniture store.

It is open at the following times:

Mondays - 12.00–20.00,

Thursdays - 12.00-16.00

Fridays - 12.00-16.00,

Saturdays - 12.00-20.00

Sundays - 10.00-14.00.

There is a support fee to join the library, based on a 6 or 12 monthly membership. The library operates on the fees it receives, plus donations, and happily accepts volunteer help.

The library has an interesting range of fiction, and reference books, including some out-of-print early Thai books. The extensive video library (VCR only) is now available for rent, and has some excellent old movies and classics, as well as modern movies.

Thursday afternoon activities include mahjong playing, from 1:00 PM onwards. A fee of 50 baht applies for non members.

The Library has a meeting room available throughout the week for a nominal rental charge.

There is a play group for children up to 3 years old which is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon. There is a fee of 250 baht per morning for this group.

"

Are there any Libraries or Museums arround pattaya or within an hours drive, come to think of it are there any in Bangkok

This is a joke question isn't it?...

You are going to Pattaya for Museums and Libraries?.... :D

Lead belly thanks for the excellent reply.

No this is not a joke, i am coming to Pattaya to live and I am sure every expat is not just there for the ladies on offer or the nightlife .

So it would be nice to have something to exercise the mind intead.

My suggestion is for you to check out Chiang Mai...I am not aware of museums in Pattaya...Chiang Mai and other cities up North still have remnants of the bronze age beginnings...I believe there was a few pics of a museum in the members section...do a search...Also they have special hotel accomodations for 3 days/2 nites whcih are very reasonable...

Pattaya, unfortunately for you...is a hobbyists destination...If you are looking for culture...you will really not find it here...The economy is fueled by the many hobby enthusiasts that come here and spend currencies from around the globe~!!!

Chris,

If they only had ST rooms in the Library on soi 6 you could kill 2 birds with one stone :rolleyes:

Presumably kill as many birds as you like, as long as you keep the noise down. :cry2