Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Tee off time 9.44 and me and A.M. got there at 9am so there was time for breakies.

Half way up the road to Siam the heavens opened and added more flood water to yesterdays downpours. Arriving at the check in desk the girl looked really surprised to see us but welcomed the chat as she also looked bored stupid.

Looking across the course it appeared that all the bunkers now had waves lapping their tropical shores and it was about then that Tony rang to say that he didn't fancy it too much which confirmed what I already knew. So we went down to his house which is just up the road and he thrashed me at pool instead.

Then is was on to Harold's driving range to hit a few hundred balls and after that a quick round at Asia in between showers.

This weather had better improve before Catz open/RideHer cup which are now only 8 & 11 days away. I hear most courses within 30 miles of here are closed at the moment. To get it this wet, this late in the year is unusual to say the least.

The wet season should by now be as good as over but the wind is still coming from the West but by now should have moved to the North East which brings that cooler drier air from China. It is pretty hot and very humid still as well.

Bertie

Most of the courses in the area have good drainage and rcover from a soaking within a day. Some of the older courses like Siam or Navy don't have such good drainage. I have played Khao Kheow and Phoenix during rainstorms and they were both OK. I am in BKK now and will check the situation this weekend. Watch this space but I am not worried.

Doggie

It is still raining every day Doggie and we have been rained off Phoenix, Siam, and Khow Keow in the last week. The ground is waterlogged but as you say it dries out in a day if there is no more rain. Whilst it is too early to be worried this season is seeing some very heavy and very late heavy rains. In fact the rain is heavy again right now with black skies all over. Phoenix is better than most for drying also.