Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I will be lucky enough to be spending two weeks in the land of smiles in just 10 days. I was thinking about a 2 or 3 day side trip to Phuket. Are the hotels rebuilt from the storm? I am not a fisherman or a diver just a fun loving tourist, how many days should I plan on? Any recomendations on where to stay or what to do would be greatly appreciated. Looking to spend 1500 -3000 Baht per night for room.

I was not really impressed with Phuket as it is over priced IMO I stayed at the Patong Villa and it was OK but down a shopping alley and everyday you had to walk be the same guys trying to sell you shit a real pain in the ass

I loved it when I was there a few weeks ago and will go back. It does help if you like disco by the way. I was lucky and stayed at the Baan Sukothai which is in 20 acres on dear old Bangla Road right in the middle of everything but no noise. The only downside is the massive joiner fees (up to 2000 b per night and have the lady out by 7!) but there are heaps of 500 baht a night hotels open 24 hours and it is a great solution.

Give it a try.

I was not really impressed with Phuket as it is over priced

Same, same. Seems to be trying to be a European resort with prices to match. Beaches much better than Pattaya though. I was there in Febuary and was surprised how little damage remained from tsunami. If I were you I'd park my luggage in a bar on Bangla Rd and have a look round for a suitable hotel near the action. Got the feeling mongers are not as welcome in some hotels as Pattaya.

For 1000 - 1500 Baht try Soi SanSabai just off Bangla Road - but it is a surprisingly quiet dead end street with several nice places to stay and eat.

Has a nice atmosphere and a short walk to the action (bars and discos). Orchid Residence and Summer Breeze are to right next to each other and there are several others whose names I forgot. Several of the places share a pool at the end of the street

Stayed in the Summer Breeze on two trips American owners with a great Tahi manager - nice rooms (but beware - do not go with the cheapest rooms which are interior rooms with no outside window, 200 Baht more gets you a nice room with a window) staff very eager to please and very friendly to both you and your guest(s) with no joiner fee. Also a decent affordable restaurant.

:beer

If you ever though of scuba diving this is the place to do - great diving here. :D