Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Having just got back home and going out in a few minutes I thought I would get this post started.

A great day was had by all and I reckon there are going to be some good photos posted. My missus who paired with Tomo, Dungheaps Japanese GF played against BigKev and Greg. The match was a draw and guess what? This happened.

post-10-1131410720_thumb.jpg

Edited by HILLY

Just as well the match wasn't being played today as play could have been suspended on safety reasons owing to the close proximity of lightning.

Alan

2 pm here local time and the Heavens have opened. Pissing down now for a good hour and the road out front of the hotel has been washed away. I kid you not.

Emerging from the rubble of the Mother of all Hangovers! :frustrated :cry1 but boy does it feel good :chogdee2 :clap2

After the Ashes meltdown it was good to see the Aussies help the Americans stuff the Euros! On paper it looked like a Euro walkover was on the cards but Captain Matty did a great job of firing up his team and a great day was had by all.

Big thanks to Dodgie Doggie, Martin, Ben, Pete and everyone else for organizing a super event.

On a personal note, I have to thank Taxi for carrying the team and for keeping the Dhaka Dongers undefeated. Memories of that great Bangladeshi golfer Greg Normanslipmeasingha come to mind. :clap2 :chogdee2

After we were lucky to salvage a half in the front nine, Taxi carried us to a four-up lead at the start of the back before Callum and Paul fought back to two down. Heading down 17 Taxi drives it OB, and I spray my drive to Burma. :frustrated

Track it down with the help of a satellite and fire a five iron through the jungle to within 20 feet off the front of the green. The world's worst chipper hits it 2 feet and watches with fear as Paul lines up from about 20 feet off the back only to fluff it. Right enough of this shit, putter please caddy and I hit in to six feet and after Callum and Paul three putted the game was won.

Another 100 baht off Callum will be framed and left in the bog at the FLB.

Shot of the day went to Paul on the 9th. Stymied behind two trees with one foot in the bunker looking like he was trying to scale Everest he plays a superb draw around the trees to about 20 feet. Brilliant stuff.

Today's bowling event has been washed away so Callum has tried to salavage some pride with a pool challenge. Will he ever learn?

Thanks again mate for a top day.

BTW, I don't think the Bangladeshis will be representing the US next year. :finger :D :D :D

Almost perfect in upswing, unfortunally hips did not turn to 45° position. So follow through won't point (him) to the target :D

rotlfl ahainu <laugh <laugh <laugh

/Edit:

The best golf photo, I really EVER saw - will print it out :chogdee :clap2 :clap2

/Edit II:

What's that funny coil on his shaft ??? :clueless :D

Edited by ahainu
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, It has took me this long to get over the defeat to the hands of the Americans. I was so disappointed could not even post on the board. :cry1 :cry1

But Hey life goes on and I would like to congratulate Captain Matt and his team, also I thank all that played in the Cup, another great Riderher day was had. :D :D :D

It was another close run thing 13-11 one point in it to force the draw. :clap1

Will post some pictures and maybe a report soon (although Petes video says more than many words) as I am now back in UK, it was –5 here last night so sitting here freezing my bollocks off and getting the Pattaya Blues already. :cry2

A special Big thanks to all who helped organise the Cup and made it such a good day for the rest of us

Doggy, Ben, Pete, Jeremy, Ken, Martin all made it a great day and night for us all. THANKS!! B) :o :clap1 :clap1 :clap1

Cheers :chogdee2

Duece

A few pictures of the day

American captain Matt and his lieutenants planning the US victory. 1luv

2650001_Rideher.jpg

The US in water trouble at the par 5 7th hole Pheonix :P

2650002_Rideher.jpg

The might of the USA against little Europe :o

2650003_Rideher.jpg

Captains group Matt, Thumper, Duece and Hilly (by the way Euros won this match 2-0

2650004_Rideher.jpg

And the spoils of war went to the US team 1luv 1luv

2650005_Rideher.jpg

Ok next year lads.

More to come soon :D

Cheers :chogdee2

Duece

Thanks Duece:

Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

Thank god there was no push again and "playoff". 2guns

BTW, your FLb caddy has some nice legs on her.

Hub

I must add my congrats to the US team for a great sporting day. Great to see you again Deuce and thanks for carrying me mate. -5 degrees?

I will get around to posting a few pics and me and the misus are looking forward to the revenge match next year. Good to see all you guys for what has become the most exausting two weeks of the year. We said goodbye to a few more last night and hopefully Pty is now returning to the quiet life at last. LOL.

Thanks to all who played- had a great day and look forward to defending the trophy next year. Tom pleasure whipping up on the enemy with you. next year I am picking a caddy that speaks english and doesn't have to be home by 9 pm :banghead