Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Getting a Thai Driver's Licence

Step 1 ... get a livein

Step 2 ... buy her a motorbike

Step 3 ... Let her drive you around

Cheaper in the long run.

But, you have to trust her driving ability.

And, you have to like riding on motorbikes and have a deathwish.

No comment from me.

(giggles)

And now ... back to my studies!

Step 3 ... Let her drive you around

Do you mean let her ride you around? Hence, you drive a car and ride a bike. In other words, you'll be her bitch. (terms comes from any rider riding back of the motorcycle is call bitch seat.) :clueless

you dont need an embassy letter here in pattaya. just go to immigration and get a letter for the driving licence place on route 36. you need to show them proof of where you are living. you do need the medical certificate. the local pattaya info magazine (the narrow fronted one) has a very good write up on getting a licence in pattaya.

as the web site says, if you have an international licence you dont do the written or driving tests. I was in there for 45 minutes and walked out with both car and bike licences.

I've still to get around to applying for my Thai driving licence - have the International Permit already. As many of you will know, your first Thai licence will only be valid for 1 year. Your 2nd licence will cover you for 5 years BUT (remember this is Thailand :chogdee2 ) you must allow your 1st licence to expire before applying for a new one or you licence will again only be valid for 1 year.

Alan

Torranova,

This post from the ThaiVisa board

I was informed by a policeman on my 5th or 6th time that I was asked for my licence that I require a International Drivers Licence in addition to my aus licence or I need to get a thai drivers licence. This can only be achieved if you have a non-imm visa.

Others may know different though

To get a thai drivers license you will need to do the following.

1. Go to Immigration and fill out the forms. Apply for car and for motorbike. Cost about 300 baht. (Ithink)

2. Need copies of your passport and visa stamps. Passport pictures.

3. Need a medical physical.

4. Need thumbnail pics for the drivers license.

5. You will get a statement from immigration, if everything is filled out.

6. Then you will have to go to the drivers testing area, in Rayong.

7. You will need a thai to help you fill out the paperwork. Everything is in thai. Do it for a car and a motorbike.

8. You will also need copies of passport and your currrent drivers license from your country. If they do not accept it. You will have to take a drivers test. I had a international drivers license before I came to Thailand. Got it from AAA. $10. U.S.

9. Wait about a hour or so. Make sure your name & birthdate is correct.

10. Your license the first time is good for 1 year. :D

11. When you renew your license 1 year later. Do not reapply before the expiration date. You will get a 1 year renewed license. On the expiration date if you apply, you will get a 5 year license. :rolleyes:

Edited by Larryst