Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

AirAsia 3300 Baht Bangkok to PP Cambodia R/T

I was looking for a flight to PP for my visa run next month and a search came up with this fare price is sure right. I have been looking at the Web site for The Walk about hotel looks OK Anybody know of this place near the action ? Can I walk to and from and feel somewhat safe ?

Thanks

Soi7

I had a friend stay there, he liked it.......he said there were very friendly staff working there "that were not employees".

Airasia is super cheap, but they can cancel on you on the fly.........they will put you on a standby flight on another carrier.

Some people will walk around at night.....not me.

A taxi to most places at night is nessasary.

I have never stayed at the Walkabout but visited there and it is in the heart of the action with several bars / discos a block or two away. Walking the block or two is OK - I found it to be quite busy with people and well lit. But I would not go too far off the main road (# 51 I think) the Walkabout is on - not at night anyway, use the always present mototaxis.

BTW an excellent hotel - brand new and about a block away is The Flamingo - 2 nice bars, and a decent restaurant. Check the web for info - they have a site. :nod

I was looking for a flight to PP for my visa run next month and a search came up with this fare price is sure right. I have been looking at the Web site for The Walk about hotel looks OK Anybody know of this place near the action ? Can I walk to and from and feel somewhat safe ?

Thanks

Soi7

I came back from PP recently on AirAsia, as it is a new flight it was cheap ($25+taxes+charges, one way) absolutely no complaints. Efficiency that makes the big carriers look pathetic.

I stayed near the Walkabout (Flamingos), which is a good place.

I walked around all over, I was more concerned about being hit by a motorcycle or falling into an open sewer than being mugged. I guess you should avoid the smaller streets as lighting is non-existant.

There is a bit of action around the Walkabout...and in it...plenty of girls offering services, although they will not bring you a beer!. Nearby there are several other bars, (Shanghai is good, there being a good selection of serving wenches, some are 'cherry girls'). More action by the river, but take a motorcycle taxi if it gets late.

Phnom Pehn is worth a visit. Take a trip to the killing Fields, about 40 Km away.